The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Just finished AOT and about to finish OPM. Any recommendations on what show to start next?

Smh. I’m pretty tight about how they just murked off my man Kite :smh:

These deaths don’t feel earned like AOT either. Nonsensical super powered villains outta nowhere every episode. I’m sitting here like why are Gon and Killua even still alive then?

Smh. I’m pretty tight about how they just murked off my man Kite :smh:

These deaths don’t feel earned like AOT either. Nonsensical super powered villains outta nowhere every episode. I’m sitting here like why are Gon and Killua even still alive then?

Yeah the Kite thing was savage and sad.

I'll say this though - powerscaling in HxH has always been weird because nen is such a nebulous concept, so some people can be perfectly matched up for others and make aura amount comparisons a moot point, while in other fights it will literally be about whose aura is stronger. In the Ant Arc, the ants are so OP (which makes sense due to their origin, which is explained later) that 99% of the world can't touch them. To me, the arc is special because it examines how a group can fight and overcome something that is entirely overpowered, and does justice to the power-leveling by requiring immense sacrifices - something you wouldn't see in a lot of shonen, which typically have the protagonist discover some "hidden ability" and all of a sudden be on another tier of power facing even higher tier enemies at zero cost. I think Togashi handles that dynamic really well in this arc.

It's long as hell though.

Also what was the anime where high school kids meat in the ramen aisle of the grocery store every lunch period and scrap for the remaining bento boxes?

I don’t think it was food wars?

Yo...this arc was crazy. Shigaraki the truth - the League actually represents a legitimate threat to the heroes now. ****'s about to be off the chain.

Getting pretty close to the end of Yu Yu Hakusho now, a couple episodes into the 3 Kings arc.
The first 25 episodes or so weren't all that enjoyable to me but the Dark Tournament arc more than made up for it. It has been excellent since then but I don't think it can hold a candle to Hunter x Hunter.

Not sure which anime to watch next, I've only seen a limited amount. Any recommendations?

What I've watched so far, in order of enjoyment:
Hunter x Hunter (GOAT)

Deathnote
Edit: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Dragon Ball (all series)
The Promised Neverland
Dr Stone
Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz, Seed

Last edited:
Getting pretty close to the end of Yu Yu Hakusho now, a couple episodes into the 3 Kings arc.
The first 25 episodes or so weren't all that enjoyable to me but the Dark Tournament arc more than made up for it. It has been excellent since then but I don't think it can hold a candle to Hunter x Hunter.

Not sure which anime to watch next, I've only seen a limited amount. Any recommendations?

What I've watched so far, in order of enjoyment:
Hunter x Hunter (GOAT)

Deathnote
Dragon Ball (all series)
The Promised Neverland
Dr Stone
Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz, Seed

Shorter run anime:
Attack on Titan
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Mob Psycho 100
Demon Slayer

Longer form:
My Hero Academia

All of these are really good IMO and should hold you over for a while.

Shorter run anime:
Attack on Titan
Mob Psycho 100
Demon Slayer

Longer form:
My Hero Academia

ur calling FMAB a short run? nah man that doesnt belong in the list lol

Shorter run anime:
Attack on Titan
Mob Psycho 100
Demon Slayer

Longer form:
My Hero Academia

Forgot to add FMA: Brotherhood in my list. I'd probably put it at #3 in my ranking.

Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia look like the most appealing so I think I'll start with one of those two.

A while back I started Fairy Tail after seeing some great looking animation and even better music but I couldn't figure out who the target audience was supposed to be.
Plot-wise it didn't come off as very mature but the "fan service" was very overt and excessive.
I kept the soundtrack though, the composer did an incredible job.

It's only 64 episodes - the entire story is the length of the Chimera Ant Arc :lol:

I really only consider any show that has or will have over ~120 episodes as "long"

I consider FMA:B on the shorter side of things as well, but it's technically one episode longer than Boku no Hero Academia right now, so... :lol:

That Chimera Ant arc cemented HxH as GOAT status for me.
I knew Togashi was going to surprise me due to how different all the arcs are from eachother but I still wasn't prepared for that. My mind was blown many times over throughout that arc.

hxh best part of chimera ant arc was the end
and MHA ......................you already know how i feel about that

I consider FMA:B on the shorter side of things as well, but it's technically one episode longer than Boku no Hero Academia right now, so... :lol:
I don't think you get what I'm saying here... there are over 100 chapters of My Hero content after the last season, and the story has shown no signs of slowing down. It's gonna be much longer than FMA:B. When talking about story length, 64 episodes of a finished anime =/= 63 episodes of an anime that's maybe a third of the way through its run.....

That Chimera Ant arc cemented HxH as GOAT status for me.
I knew Togashi was going to surprise me due to how different all the arcs are from eachother but I still wasn't prepared for that. My mind was blown many times over throughout that arc.
Same dude. One of the best arcs in anime history. It definitely drags a bit in the middle but the payoff is worth it.

hxh best part of chimera ant arc was the end
and MHA ......................you already know how i feel about that
Sigh. You have the right to be wrong my dude.

I don't think you get what I'm saying here... there are over 100 chapters of My Hero content after the last season, and the story has shown no signs of slowing down. It's gonna be much longer than FMA:B. When talking about story length, 64 episodes of a finished anime =/= 63 episodes of an anime that's maybe a third of the way through its run.....

Naw, I understood you just fine. That's why I tossed the 'technically' in there.

If he were to start watching your recommendations right now, FMA:B would be a slightly longer pick than BnH so I went along with dude's joke about FMA:B not fitting under the "short" label.

I completely agree that 64 episodes is nothing in a world full of shounen adaptations :lol:

Back
Top Bottom