The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

That Chimera Ant arc cemented HxH as GOAT status for me.
I knew Togashi was going to surprise me due to how different all the arcs are from eachother but I still wasn't prepared for that. My mind was blown many times over throughout that arc.

Think Kite getting his top pushed back was the moment for me. Stakes here HIGH :wow: :lol:

Naw, I understood you just fine. That's why I tossed the 'technically' in there.

If he were to start watching your recommendations right now, FMA:B would be a slightly longer pick than BnH so I went along with dude's joke about FMA:B not fitting under the "short" label.

I completely agree that 64 episodes is nothing in a world full of shounen adaptations :lol:
aite bro

I wanna keep my shonen jump app. but the 1.99 for me to read one piece once a week and 3 days after other sites gets it is starting to get pointless

I don't think you get what I'm saying here... there are over 100 chapters of My Hero content after the last season, and the story has shown no signs of slowing down. It's gonna be much longer than FMA:B. When talking about story length, 64 episodes of a finished anime =/= 63 episodes of an anime that's maybe a third of the way through its run.....

Same dude. One of the best arcs in anime history. It definitely drags a bit in the middle but the payoff is worth it.

Sigh. You have the right to be wrong my dude.

I mean I’m mid chimera ant arc right now and dudes left the battlefield to train...? For a month?

They just got my ***** Kite and you training and eating pasta like ****’s sweet?? **** is you doing?

Getting pretty close to the end of Yu Yu Hakusho now, a couple episodes into the 3 Kings arc.
The first 25 episodes or so weren't all that enjoyable to me but the Dark Tournament arc more than made up for it. It has been excellent since then but I don't think it can hold a candle to Hunter x Hunter.

Not sure which anime to watch next, I've only seen a limited amount. Any recommendations?

What I've watched so far, in order of enjoyment:
Hunter x Hunter (GOAT)

Deathnote
Edit: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Dragon Ball (all series)
The Promised Neverland
Dr Stone
Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz, Seed
Watch demon slayer. You can catch up quick (18 eps) then watch a new one each week when they come out. It’s ******* beautiful

Bruce my negro

The 1.99 version is mainly for if you want to back catalog for One Piece and the other jump titles. So I've been using it to catch up on Demon Slayer, Promise Neverland, Dr. Stone, MHA etc. and for when I want to go back and read old OP chapters and other old series.

Binged Demon Slayer and all caught up now. Only other show that caught my interest and i'm watching is arifureta.

Which ep is it. Ima skip eps cuz the travel there sucks.

Alsob we all agree demon slayer post 2015 big 3 right?
Ep 34. And after that the show gets great. But t you skip to there you’re gonna miss a lotta cool stuff esp the manga kid

Best (looking) anime I’ve ever seen. Story wise it’s pretty dope. Can’t think of any newer stuff I like better

Just finished episode 7 of Demon Slayer... yeah sure the art and animation are beautiful but this **** is pretty boring imo

Danmachi s2 has kind of been a let down for me so far

Dr Stone has finally got interesting for me this last ep. hopefully it keeps up

And Demon Slayer is far and away the best anime this year

Not a fan of the guy in the yellow kimono or the boar mask guy. Worst parts of the show.

sad to say I had to drop danmichi. feels like a totally different anime.

dr. stone is next

Last edited:
Which ep is it. Ima skip eps cuz the travel there sucks.

Alsob we all agree demon slayer post 2015 big 3 right?
I’ve read the manga - it doesn’t have the legs to be in the Big 3. Super fun to read but it’s already wrapping up the story and it’s not even that long. Powerscaling / progression is pretty wack - the author left the world so small that there’s nothing to explore other than to just finish the original objective, which is frankly happening WAY too fast at this point. The fights are often very fun though.

Danmachi s2 has kind of been a let down for me so far

Dr Stone has finally got interesting for me this last ep. hopefully it keeps up

And Demon Slayer is far and away the best anime this year
same with me it seemed like it had such potential then fell off but got good this last episode again

I started Naruto and One Piece in January

I finished Naruto first and caught up to One Piece yesterday

What a ride!

Even tho everyone hates Boruto I am going to give it a try

Back
Top Bottom