The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Anyone watch the new fate series? It’s fate grand order something something. Weird concept, a group of scientists in the future are sending people to different times. Watched the first ep and it was aight. Seems like most of the series has been crap except for fate / zero and the redone fate / stay night.

In regards to the new chapter of One Piece
Oden got straight up tossed aside by Rodger. Shows how much of a beast that man was. And we got to see a bit of the two greatest clashing in their prime. :pimp:
That stuff Shanks and Buggy said about BB, it sounds familiar. Wasn't something like that mentioned in some earlier chapters?
And seeing Rodgers beg for Oden to join his crew was something I wasn't expecting.
As for the rest of the chapter, just seeing them go to some old locales makes me feel all nostalgic for some reason. :lol:
And seeing the moment that Rodger's "vandalized" that phoneglyph was pretty cool. :lol: :pimp:

Anyone watch the new fate series? It’s fate grand order something something. Weird concept, a group of scientists in the future are sending people to different times. Watched the first ep and it was aight. Seems like most of the series has been crap except for fate / zero and the redone fate / stay night.
F/GO is based on a mobile game, so that took my interest in that show away. The series that was airing right before GO was also good from what I remember of it.

Yeah. I still remember when OneManga went down and everyone jumped over to Mangastream. Can't believe its been a decade since that time. :lol:

Well, in case anyone wants to read the new OP chapter, it's right here

i didnt read manga for like 2 months when one manga went away. i loved their system. manga fox was a go t ok before that they saved your progress and titles

F/GO is based on a mobile game, so that took my interest in that show away. The series that was airing right before GO was also good from what I remember of it.

The series on netflix where it took place in some virtual reality bs? I couldn’t even power through an episode of it.

Fate/Apocrypha was the one I was talking about. That's the last one I saw. :lol:

Yeah, that one.

Sidenote, there was someone cosplaying as Saber at nycc a few years back and her costume was dope and she looked scrumptious.

i am so far behind in one piece manga...last thing i remember was...luffy getting KO'd by Kaido on thier first meeting? lol need to get back into it again.

also behind in AOT.

Just caught up on Babylon and... **** :lol:

That last episode was intense to say the least.

Now that the season is wrapping up, what're some of y'all favorites?

We shouldn't see that until the end of the series, just for the reveal.
But I feel that seeing it for this arc is very likely since we are in the middle of Rodger's final voyage. If anything we should see it from a distance.

I hope we get to see the final Island and the secrets it has. The whole premise of this series revolves around that island. :lol:

Oda at Jump Festa said he has to be really careful with this flashback so that he doesn't spoil what one piece is or allow people to guess it. He also said something about using up his buffer for breaks. The man is determined to finish this series, just who knows how long it'll take. Greg, if you know him estimates 8 years.

Oda's message from Jump Festa: (Summary from Greg)
Next year he suggests that Sabo, Vivi and Hancock may be in a tough situation. He also said this will bring us into the final stages of the series. He's afraid if he draws the flashback much longer, he might just reveal the One Piece by mistake haha

Full message:
"Hello, everyone who came to Jump Festa! This is your King speaking! Actually, I lied. This is Oda.
The year of the 20th anniversary of the One Piece TV series really hit us with all its fury. There have been tons of events, illustrations, films, the whole thing was jam-packed, huh! I would like to use this chance to seriously thank everyone who took the time to join in!" To all the staff involved in all of this: Great work, everybody! Now you can finally rest. But, well... As for the source material, I don't think I'll have any time to rest myself. In fact, I've already destroyed all my own chances at a break! Are you enjoying the adventures of Kouzuki Oden so far? I've been worried about revealing spoilers in this arc, so I've been super careful drawing it. If I don't keep myself in check, I'll end up plotting out the entire rest of One Piece's story right there. [Note: He probably means spoiling so much, that everybody is gonna be able to guess the ending.] While I'm showing all these flashbacks, Luffy's party's adventures are having their stakes risen as well. They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in!! Well, of course, Luffy is not the sort of person to think about those sorts of things though.
The Wano Kuni arc is finally moving towards its climax as well!! I've been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I'm psyched! And once it's over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will...!! Vivi will...!! Hancock will...!! AAAAAAAA...!!! OK.
Last but not least, the exhibition you all came here for is just about to begin! Please take a close look at everything!!
The next year of One Piece will also be
SO, SO MUCH FUN!!
~December 2019, Eiichiro Oda

Chapter was really good though. And withh JB and MS no longer translating, I'll probably just stick to the official translation that drops on Sundays. OP was the only series I was reading early at this point.

1577244246359.gif

I was having a conversation with some of my friends the other day about what our favorite OPs were in anime. That talk reminded me of how good a lot of them were. So I came here to see what some of Y'all's favorite OPs are.
I'll Start with my top 10 (no order)

I feel like I can add so many more, but I'll start with these for now. :lol:

Last edited:
How good is the current season of MHA ? I started the first three episodes and so far it’s just okay. I just want it to get ****ing epic already :lol: but I know they gotta build it up.

How good is the current season of MHA ? I started the first three episodes and so far it’s just okay. I just want it to get ****ing epic already :lol: but I know they gotta build it up.
it's very good. It's been like that since the first season

I want to throw up some OPs, but my memory really barely extends past the current year's (and barely past the current season, at that) anime when it comes to stuff like that :lol:

I was having a conversation with some of my friends the other day about what our favorite OPs were in anime. That talk reminded me of how good a lot of them were. So I came here to see what some of Y'all's favorite OPs are.
I'll Start with my top 10 (no order)
  • Tank! - The Seatbelts (Cowboy Bebop)
  • Yui - Again (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
  • Battlecry - Nujabes (Samurai Champloo)

I feel like I can add so many more, but I'll start with these for now. :lol:

I actually saw Shing02 (rapper of Battle Cry) perform it live. Crowd went nuts

What a great ending to the SnS anime. Too bad that the next season is probably gonna ruin it unless it's an anime original.

Back
Top Bottom