The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

New king in town

Top 10 best-selling manga series:

RANK./LAST YEAR'S RANK. TITLE [WRITER] ( MAGAZINE / PUBLISHER ) {NUMBER OF VOLUMES PUBLISHED} - YEAR-TO-DATE SALES

01./00. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba [Koyoharu Gotōge] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {4 volumes} - 12,057,628
02./01. One Piece [Eiichirō Oda] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {4 volumes} - 10,134,232
03./06. Kingdom [Yasuhisa Hara] (Weekly Young Jump / Shūeisha) {3 volumes} - 7,661,361
04./08. The Promised Neverland [Kaiu Shirai / Posuka Demizu] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {5 volumes} – 7,454,745
05./00. The Quintessential Quintuplets [Negi Haruba] (Weekly Shōnen Magazine / Kōdansha) {6 volumes} - 5,895,000
06./02. My Hero Academia [Kōhei Horikoshi] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {4 volumes} - 5,047,574
07./03. Attack on Titan [Hajime Isayame] (Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine / Kōdansha) {3 volumes} - 4,704,234
08./05. Haikyu!! [Haruichi Furudate] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {6 volumes} – 4,514,838
09./00. Kaguya-sama: Love Is War [Aka Akasaka] (Weekly Young Jump / Shūeisha) {5 volumes} - 4,096,492
10./09. That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime [Fuse / Taiki Kawakami] (Monthly Shōnen Sirius / Kōdansha) {3 volumes} - 3,414,482
New king. :lol:
As much as I love KnY, They're nothing but young upstarts compared to the Pirate King himself. :lol:

is FLCL worth watching?

Seen all of these (or at least read the manga) except FLCL. Guess I got something new to watch even if its short.

I took it for granted that Dragonball would be #1 :lol:

FMA though :pimp: I still need to rewatch the manga version of the anime.

What I really wanted to say is even though all anime/manga have to end (when will you Hajime No Ippo?), I really wish Yu Yu Hakusho kept going. It was friggin great. I look @ how many times Dragonball has come back and been good, One Piece's consistent long running quality and I know it could've easily done the same.
New king in town

Top 10 best-selling manga series:

RANK./LAST YEAR'S RANK. TITLE [WRITER] ( MAGAZINE / PUBLISHER ) {NUMBER OF VOLUMES PUBLISHED} - YEAR-TO-DATE SALES

01./00. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba [Koyoharu Gotōge] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {4 volumes} - 12,057,628
02./01. One Piece [Eiichirō Oda] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {4 volumes} - 10,134,232
03./06. Kingdom [Yasuhisa Hara] (Weekly Young Jump / Shūeisha) {3 volumes} - 7,661,361
04./08. The Promised Neverland [Kaiu Shirai / Posuka Demizu] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {5 volumes} – 7,454,745
05./00. The Quintessential Quintuplets [Negi Haruba] (Weekly Shōnen Magazine / Kōdansha) {6 volumes} - 5,895,000
06./02. My Hero Academia [Kōhei Horikoshi] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {4 volumes} - 5,047,574
07./03. Attack on Titan [Hajime Isayame] (Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine / Kōdansha) {3 volumes} - 4,704,234
08./05. Haikyu!! [Haruichi Furudate] (Weekly Shōnen Jump / Shūeisha) {6 volumes} – 4,514,838
09./00. Kaguya-sama: Love Is War [Aka Akasaka] (Weekly Young Jump / Shūeisha) {5 volumes} - 4,096,492
10./09. That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime [Fuse / Taiki Kawakami] (Monthly Shōnen Sirius / Kōdansha) {3 volumes} - 3,414,482
I'm reading/watching two of these. Guess I can give the other 8 a try.

Hopefully Demon Slayer can keep it up. Been giving me a bit of Inuyasha vibes in a good way.

1. I hate lists
  2. FLCL is a very enjoyable show especially season 1. Kind of a whacky slice of life coming of age story. I'm a fan if you cant tell by my avi picture
  3. Didn't know the property with the 5 sisters was so popular. I kind of read it out or boredom and next thing you know I'm on it every week. Whats funny is I actually read the one shot for it when it first came out. Main character is also pretty funny, he just unlocked his pimping abilities
  4. I aint even know Kishimoto's samurai thing was out yet. Didn't Kubo also create a new series based in soul society? What happened to that?
  5. I miss Cowboy Beebop

Y’all ever thought about cosplaying?
019D6660-F0B1-4F0C-B80B-9A6A7E6B1734.jpeg

Even if it kept going it likely still wouldnt be finish to this day or maybe not even have progresed that much further. Just look at whats happened to Hunter X Hunter :lol: :smh:
Im actually fine with it for now. I'm not revisiting H×H any time soon.

And it actually would progress. You gotta take at least the 200 chaps in a row or w/e Togashi did for H×H before he got sick and just apply that to Yu Yu :lol:

1. I hate lists
  2. FLCL is a very enjoyable show especially season 1. Kind of a whacky slice of life coming of age story. I'm a fan if you cant tell by my avi picture
  3. Didn't know the property with the 5 sisters was so popular. I kind of read it out or boredom and next thing you know I'm on it every week. Whats funny is I actually read the one shot for it when it first came out. Main character is also pretty funny, he just unlocked his pimping abilities
  4. I aint even know Kishimoto's samurai thing was out yet. Didn't Kubo also create a new series based in soul society? What happened to that?
  5. I miss Cowboy Beebop
That 5 sisters never learn is the exact same as another series Quintessential quintuplets to a T. It’s kinda funny

anyway yea Kishimotos new series Samurai 8 has been out since May and it’s not doing good at all. I haven’t read it yet but people say it’s boring.Shounen Jump won’t cancel it or anything and it’ll prob get an anime but it’s not looking too good for it

and Kubo is doing a Saint Seiya spin-off not something in soul society

That 5 sisters never learn is the exact same as another series Quintessential quintuplets to a T. It’s kinda funny

anyway yea Kishimotos new series Samurai 8 has been out since May and it’s not doing good at all. I haven’t read it yet but people say it’s boring.Shounen Jump won’t cancel it or anything and it’ll prob get an anime but it’s not looking too good for it

and Kubo is doing a Saint Seiya spin-off not something in soul society

What the **** :lol:

Just dropped by to say that the latest OP chapter is NUTTY and if you aren't watching Chainsaw Man then you're not doing life right. :emoji_v:
The flashback has been amazing so far. All these heavy hitters just showing up in their youth/prime. I almost want a spinoff of just the golden age of piracy.

Not much non-anime for me to watch at the moment so I've picked up Code Geass too.
So far this is already looking like it'll land somewhere in my top favorite anime series. I heard it has a fantastic ending as well.

Lelouch seems like a pretty psycho main character.

Last edited:
Seven Deadly Sins finally revealed why gowther looks like a girl.
The real gowther made it look like his girlfriend but made the gender of the doll male so he wouldn’t get attracted to it. Would’ve made more sense to just make the gowther doll look like a guy.

The newest chapter of Hajime no Ippo was what I needed for that series. Nothing but Lulz from start to finish. :lol:

Not much non-anime for me to watch at the moment so I've picked up Code Geass too.
So far this is already looking like it'll land somewhere in my top favorite anime series. I heard it has a fantastic ending as well.

Lelouch seems like a pretty psycho main character.

Great series and a lot of content to watch. His power is OP

I been asking everywhere for a series to fill my HxH/jojos void. Still haven’t found it, but I’ve found some interesting shows along the way lol. Right now I’m watching death note, I had seen the live action movie. This ish Is really really dope

New OP
My wild wild guess here is when Roger and WB start fighting Roger gonna hit em with the "......GOMU GOMU NO" lol

New OP
My wild wild guess here is when Roger and WB start fighting Roger gonna hit em with the "......GOMU GOMU NO" lol

That would be great. Or if he uses Ace's DF. :lol:
Man, Orochi's entire family is full of scumbags. They all deserve the chopping block. I cannot wait to see him taken out, preferably worse that Yasue was and in front of everyone.
I sure hope they show the fight between WB and GR. And that they show why GR is on that island fighting the Marines.

Back
Top Bottom