The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I've been meaning to post this:
Wanted! Eiichiro Oda Short Stories (WANTED! 尾田栄一郎短編集, Oda Eiichirō Tan Henshū, collection of previous short stories, 1998)
  • Wanted! (1992)
  • God's Present for the Future
  • Ikki Yakō
  • Monsters
  • Romance Dawn (second version)

Berserk isn't ever going to be finished is it?

You guys can be honest with me
Nope

:lol:

I stopped reading years ago cuz I had caught all the way up and the creator went on a hiatus. Haven't even checked up but I know in all that time I've never heard about Berserk resuming to weekly chapters or even back on a monthly schedule.

I got more hope Hunter×Hunter will be completely finished before Berserk is. The Breaker: New Waves will probably have a finished 2nd sequel before Berserk :lol:

Nope

I stopped reading years ago cuz I had caught all the way up and the creator went on a hiatus. Haven't even checked up but I know in all that time I've never heard about Berserk resuming to weekly chapters or even back on a monthly schedule.

I got more hope Hunter×Hunter will be completely finished before Berserk is. The Breaker: New Waves will probably have a finished 2nd sequel before Berserk :lol:

CHILLLLLL :lol::lol::lol::angry::angry::angry::angry:

CHILLLLLL :lol::lol::lol::angry::angry::angry::angry:
You know at least that creator kept it real and straight up said I dont feel like doing this anymore but maybe one day I will. Then gave fans a full story and ended the 2nd part.

I don't know what's going on with Togashi and Miura but they need to get their **** together.

Look at how the wiki for their manga read about the production and release schedule history

"There have been several instances in which Togashi has apologized to readers in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump for low-quality artwork and promised to redraw portions of the chapters for their tankōbon (collected volume) releases.[22][23][24] In addition, the publication history of the Hunter × Hunter manga has been plagued with hiatuses, in which serialized chapters would be separated by extended periods of time.[25][26][27] After returning from a two-year-long hiatus in June 2014,[28] and joining the English-language Weekly Shonen Jump lineup, the manga went on another just two months later.[29] The series returned from this hiatus, which has been its longest to date, on April 18, 2016,[30] however, just over two months later, Hunter × Hunter began another hiatus on June 4, 2016.[31] It came back on June 26, 2017,[32] and just over two months later, on August 31, the series went on hiatus again, planning to return by the end of that year.[33] The series came back on January 29, 2018,[34] before going on hiatus again on April 9 of the same year.[35] After a five-month hiatus, the manga returned from September 22 to November 26, 2018, before entering another."

"Berserk is known for its frequent and often extended hiatuses,[7] which date back to late 2006.[8] After a 10-month hiatus from September 2014, the manga came back in July 2015,[9] and until December 2015, it was published monthly before returning to an irregular schedule.[10] It was published monthly from June to September 2016, before entering another hiatus.[11][12] The manga resumed from March to June 2017,[13][14] and then from December 2017,[15] it was published on a regular basis until May 2018, and nearly three months after, a new chapter was published in August before entering an 8-month hiatus.[16][17] Two new chapters were published in April and August 2019.[18][19]"

:smh:

It seems to me they log in like 200+ chapters to get popularity then option the ip for anime, merch, movies, live adaption, etc. and then they just sit back and collect the royalties.

Otherwise there's no way these guys could make a living releasing issues at the pace they do :lol:

I honestly don't expect Togashi or Miura to ever finish their respective works - better to keep my expectations low so I'm not disappointed |l

Also, to my Chainsaw Man people, saw the craziest comment on reddit, had to share here:
1586993888878.png

You know at least that creator kept it real and straight up said I dont feel like doing this anymore but maybe one day I will. Then gave fans a full story and ended the 2nd part.

I don't know what's going on with Togashi and Miura but they need to get their **** together.

Look at how the wiki for their manga read about the production and release schedule history

"There have been several instances in which Togashi has apologized to readers in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump for low-quality artwork and promised to redraw portions of the chapters for their tankōbon (collected volume) releases.[22][23][24] In addition, the publication history of the Hunter × Hunter manga has been plagued with hiatuses, in which serialized chapters would be separated by extended periods of time.[25][26][27] After returning from a two-year-long hiatus in June 2014,[28] and joining the English-language Weekly Shonen Jump lineup, the manga went on another just two months later.[29] The series returned from this hiatus, which has been its longest to date, on April 18, 2016,[30] however, just over two months later, Hunter × Hunter began another hiatus on June 4, 2016.[31] It came back on June 26, 2017,[32] and just over two months later, on August 31, the series went on hiatus again, planning to return by the end of that year.[33] The series came back on January 29, 2018,[34] before going on hiatus again on April 9 of the same year.[35] After a five-month hiatus, the manga returned from September 22 to November 26, 2018, before entering another."

"Berserk is known for its frequent and often extended hiatuses,[7] which date back to late 2006.[8] After a 10-month hiatus from September 2014, the manga came back in July 2015,[9] and until December 2015, it was published monthly before returning to an irregular schedule.[10] It was published monthly from June to September 2016, before entering another hiatus.[11][12] The manga resumed from March to June 2017,[13][14] and then from December 2017,[15] it was published on a regular basis until May 2018, and nearly three months after, a new chapter was published in August before entering an 8-month hiatus.[16][17] Two new chapters were published in April and August 2019.[18][19]"

It seems to me they log in like 200+ chapters to get popularity then option the ip for anime, merch, movies, live adaption, etc. and then they just sit back and collect the royalties.

Otherwise there's no way these guys could make a living releasing issues at the pace they do :lol:

Togashi I feel like honestly doesn't even like creating manga. At least under the conditions shuiesha demands. Dude didn't even want to finish Yu Yu Hakusho cause it was too much work. Then told them he'd give them another hit series if they let him quit and then told the anime company he was too busy to be involved in that. Togashi's wife is rich too off of sailor moon so he's not worried.

"During the years he worked on Yu Yu Hakusho, Togashi would calculate the personal time he had based on a formula of four hours per page without scripting and five hours of sleep per night.[14] He wrote in his own dōjinshi Yoshirin de Pon! that he stopped the production on Yu Yu Hakusho out of selfishness.[15]"

Currently they basically just let him make the chapters at his own pace then when he has enough for a volume they put them out and the hiatus starts again.

The Tower of God anime is doing like 5 chapters an episode its kind of jarring the pace they're moving at. Leaving a ton of details and character moments on the cutting room floor and I noticed a couple detail and dialogue changes in this episode compared to the chapters that are kind of consequential to what's being set up. Hope they give the crown game it's proper shine, but I get that they're probably going to try and cover all 78 chapters of season 1 in 13 episodes so that makes it tough with a risky series like this to allow a slow build and tension to happen.

Nope

You didn't have to mention The Breaker you know...very cruel of you :smh:

Togashi I feel like honestly doesn't even like creating manga. At least under the conditions shuiesha demands. Dude didn't even want to finish Yu Yu Hakusho cause it was too much work. Then told them he'd give them another hit series if they let him quit and then told the anime company he was too busy to be involved in that. Togashi's wife is rich too off of sailor moon so he's not worried.
Oh wow this makes a lot of sense. Did not know this.
"During the years he worked on Yu Yu Hakusho, Togashi would calculate the personal time he had based on a formula of four hours per page without scripting and five hours of sleep per night.[14] He wrote in his own dōjinshi Yoshirin de Pon! that he stopped the production on Yu Yu Hakusho out of selfishness.[15]"

Currently they basically just let him make the chapters at his own pace then when he has enough for a volume they put them out and the hiatus starts again.
:sick:

Disgusting.

Its rare but I wish the manga world would adopt the American comics model a bit more of having a writer and artist. Of popular mangas I only know of One-Punch Man doing that with ONE (who I think is a team of ppl anyway) doing web comics and Murata doing the manga.

Last edited:
Oh wow this makes a lot of sense. Did not lnow this.

:sick:

Disgusting.

Its rare but I wish the manga world would adopt the American comics model a bit more of having a writer and artist. Of popular mangas I only know of One-Punch Man doing that with ONE (who I think is a team of ppl anyway) doing web comics and Murata doing the manga.

Death note and Bakuman Mangakas are a writer and author combination. So they can do it if they want to but like you said it's rare and I think One did all of Mob psycho himself. Plus they hire assistants. But each artist uses assistants differently. Oda won't let his draw anything that moves cause he says that will be too noticeable so they just do backgrounds mainly. Togashi was apparently super lax with his assistants. But the authors have to pay the assistants rather than Shuiesha so most are probably hesitant to get too many.

You didn't have to mention The Breaker you know...very cruel of you :smh:
Its been long enough for me that it doesn't hurt as much. And I had to deal with the disappointments of H×H and Berserk (and a few others) before The Breaker.

The mangaka straight up saying I dont feel like doing it anymore, at first lying saying he wanted to do another story and never even started it then just ending New Waves the way he did kind of gave me some closure.

If you haven't I'd suggest Veritas. It's completed. That's one thing I learned, better to read completed works instead of ongoing.

Hell, also Sun-Ken Rock, Worst, QP, and Crows.

Death note and Bakuman Mangakas are a writer and author combination. So they can do it if they want to but like you said it's rare and I think One did all of Mob psycho himself. Plus they hire assistants. But each artist uses assistants differently. Oda won't let his draw anything that moves cause he says that will be too noticeable so they just do backgrounds mainly. Togashi was apparently super lax with his assistants. But the authors have to pay the assistants rather than Shuiesha so most are probably hesitant to get too many.
Yeah I knew of this approach.

They hire assistants to do backgrounds and honestly that alone is a lot. Compared to artists in the US who pencil everything and sometimes ink it too.
Whats wrong here?

Great manwha/comic. I recall like one hiatus.

EDIT

OH wait, nevermind. Now I remember. No part 2 for that.

Last edited:
Whats wrong here?

Great manage/comic. I recall like one hiatus.
Unless I missed something, and its possible because I fell off the manga wagon a while ago but their was supposed to be a sequel series. Last thing I read was when damn near the entire school got killed by the main adversary chick including her bff and we never actually got to see the main pissed off character get a shot at her or avenge his master. They also killed off his strong *** homeboy who was the low key leader of their group but I could live with that. Point is I dont ever remember a conclusive ending unless that was it. We never even got to see dude with the glasses square up. Forgive me cause the names escape me. Only thing I think I remember is Vera and Lighting Tiger....or was it Dragon

Unless I missed something, and its possible because I fell off the manga wagon a while ago but their was supposed to be a sequel series. Last thing I read was when damn near the entire school got killed by the main adversary chick including her bff and we never actually got to see the main pissed off character get a shot at her or avenge his master. They also killed off his strong *** homeboy who was the low key leader of their group but I could live with that. Point is I dont ever remember a conclusive ending unless that was it. We never even got to see dude with the glasses square up. Forgive me cause the names escape me. Only thing I think I remember is Vera and Lighting Tiger....or was it Dragon
Yeah. I started to remember and then I reread the last chapter just now to make sure :lol: :smh:

Don't know why I had it in my mind it had a conclusive ending.

Also, the reason there aint no Veritas part 2 is cuz that was a writer and artist team and they had a big falling out and no longer work together.

Apparently the artist is notoriously hard to work with.

Master Zik Master Zik :rofl:
Damn shame cause I loved it, when he asked shorty on that date I was rolling laughing. I didnt realize at the time how common place it is for **** to get "axed" or abruptly end. Its sad

Last edited:
Now when I think about it there's been no good luck with great manwha. None of them have had real endings :lol:

These South Koreans wild.

Did City of Darkness end properly? It seemed to be doing good but the site I was just stopped posting chapters. That started slow but once a team was formed it became one of my favorites

I'm just here to say that you're depressed and locked up in your house with nowhere to go, so there's no better time to watch (or read) Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I will say the manga is totally worth it; Shinji isn't as much of a ***** and it's written differently enough to not be the same as the show.

Back
Top Bottom