The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I know the ending is VERY different from the other media. Atleast it was happy, somewhat, kind of wish they'd animate the novel that was a direct sequel and even had a time skip

Think I’ll read the Tower of God webtoon, the anime has made me very curious already. I really wasn’t feeling the anime’s art style in the trailers but it has looked good so far, it has its charm.

I managed to convince my mom to start watching anime last year and she has decided to pick up Tower of God as well. So far she found it very intriguing and exciting, off to a very good start.
Pretty much how I feel about it too.
She’s 60 so I really wasn’t expecting to turn her into an anime fan but she has really enjoyed the ones she watched so far.

Went in without reading a summary of each series, they were koo

Completed:
Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na [ Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! ] :pimp:
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun [ A Certain Scientific Railgun ] :nerd:
Jashin-chan Dropkick [ Dropkick on My Devil! ] :lol:

I’ve recently started watching JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Honestly the title is exactly how I’d describe it. It’s ridiculous, over the top and definitely weird but in a good way.

I’ve recently started watching JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Honestly the title is exactly how I’d describe it. It’s ridiculous, over the top and definitely weird but in a good way.
So bizarre for me it took me forever to get in to it.

Only rocked with the initial turn of the century vampiresque story.

The art was overpowering to me and I gave it up.

Just read chapter 72 of "Solo Leveling" and wow y'all really not ****ing with this? It's the hypest I've been for a manwha/manga in forever.

Finally catched up with boku no hero academia anime slightly creeping to my favorite anime

And after that endeavor top 3 on my deadbeat anime father after goku and ging

Just read chapter 72 of "Solo Leveling" and wow y'all really not ****ing with this? It's the hypest I've been for a manwha/manga in forever.
This is pretty good 35+ chapters in.

Already a common premise with a gate to some demon/monster world but the main character basically becoming part of a RPG only he is aware of is interesting. Didnt expect the murdering either.

Question? Why is the black dudes in One Piece soo damn strong!?!?, I'm on ep 610
Wish there were more black dudes in the manga/anime.

There were more black pirates in real life, from nobodies to the most infamous.

Who are you referring to? Aokiji? Only other black guy I recall is dude who had the bomb bomb fruit :lol:

Wish there were more black dudes in the manga/anime.

There were more black pirates in real life, from nobodies to the most infamous.

Who are you referring to? Aokiji? Only other black guy I recall is dude who had the bomb bomb fruit :lol:
I'm on the arc with Vergo.

Dude been on one
camnu753g5.jpg

With the Last Dance coming up on ESPN think I might try and watch Slam Dunk since I'm stuck in the house. I always liked the clips I saw but sports anime's always end up disappointing me eventually

I'm on the arc with Vergo.

Dude been on one
camnu753g5.jpg
Oh okay.

See with characters like that I'm not always sure Oda i tends for them to be black.

Get to can pass for a few ethnicities.

With the Last Dance coming up on ESPN think I might try and watch Slam Dunk since I'm stuck in the house. I always liked the clips I saw but sports anime's always end up disappointing me eventually
Slam Dunk was great.

Can't go wrong with Inoue.

Yeah.

I checked and the manwha is already finished. 270 chapters, 14 volumes.

The link posted and everywhere else only has 110 chapters.

I just finished and the scanlation team left a message about there being a short break and this was the conclusion of season 1.

Ah ok, yeah I was wondering what season 1 meant. I havent finished yet (took a break) but figured it must not all have been translated.

Watching Tower of God brings back so many memories from when I followed along weekly. I remember spending hours reading the wiki and different theories, the world is so rich with so much potential and mystery. The scale honestly reminds me of One Piece, and I hope the quality of the story has held up since I fell off. I'll probably pursue a re-read / catch up at some point during this quarantine situation.

Watching Tower of God brings back so many memories from when I followed along weekly. I remember spending hours reading the wiki and different theories, the world is so rich with so much potential and mystery. The scale honestly reminds me of One Piece, and I hope the quality of the story has held up since I fell off. I'll probably pursue a re-read / catch up at some point during this quarantine situation.

I'm still following ToG weekly. The world is absolutely massive. If SIU ever finishes this story he said he'd get into other parts of the universe. Like One Piece there's so many directions he could explore. Like the 10 families climbing, Urek's story, the world outside of the tower, one of the other irregulars, he could even do Rachel's pov if he wanted to.

Where'd you stop reading? Season 3 so far has been very good, but the dynamics of the story have completely shifted in a lot of ways and the scale has expanded because of it in someways, but other parts have been tossed aside that I hope they get back to. But it's exciting right now while also setting up a ton of interesting stuff in the future of the story as well. The story has been extremely fast paced though. But Idk if that's SIU's choice or the pressure of Naver. At points in season 2 when the story was slower it sounded he was worried about getting cancelled.

I'm still following ToG weekly. The world is absolutely massive. If SIU ever finishes this story he said he'd get into other parts of the universe. Like One Piece there's so many directions he could explore. Like the 10 families climbing, Urek's story, the world outside of the tower, one of the other irregulars, he could even do Rachel's pov if he wanted to.

Where'd you stop reading? Season 3 so far has been very good, but the dynamics of the story have completely shifted in a lot of ways and the scale has expanded because of it in someways, but other parts have been tossed aside that I hope they get back to. But it's exciting right now while also setting up a ton of interesting stuff in the future of the story as well. The story has been extremely fast paced though. But Idk if that's SIU's choice or the pressure of Naver. At points in season 2 when the story was slower it sounded he was worried about getting cancelled.

It's great to hear that the story is still going strong! My memory with stories is honestly really terrible so I'm probably a little further past this point, but the last thing I REALLY remember is
Da GAWD Urek Mazino showing up in his fitted and tattooed back lmao. I'm sure I followed along for a few more chapters after that but that was also around when I took a break from reading manga in its entirety. That was S2 so I'm sure there's a ton for me to catch up on.

Back
Top Bottom