The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I never got the arguments of this Zoro/Sanji rivalry outside the story.

Zoro is a swordsman, wants to be the best. Sanji is a chef that wants to find a mythical sea in order to cook all types of food.

Sanji was raised/trained to be a prince that invades countries and takes them over as part of a raid team and later on trained more with Zeff so he is strong and can defend himself and others so he'll grow as a fighter but its not gonna be at the pace of Luffy or Zoro. He'll be third place in that regard.

There's a reason why WCI which is basically a Sanji arc or Sanji retrieval arc was more about his character and showed off his cooking skills as much as it did any fighting.

Last edited:
I never got the arguments of this Zoro/Sanji rivalry outside the story.

Zoro is a swordsman, wants to be the best. Sanji is a chef that wants to find a mythical sea in order to cook all types of food.

Sanji was raised/trained to be a prince that invades countries and takes them over as part of a raid team and later on trained more with Zeff so he is strong and can defend himself and others so he'll grow as a fighter but its not gonna be at the pace of Luffy or Zoro. He'll be third place in that regard.

There's a reason why WCI which is basically a Sanji arc or Sanji retrieval arc was more about his character and showed off his cooking skills as much as it did any fighting.
up until WCI. oda made it about those 2 splitting 1&2. we know zoro was first mate but ODA always made it kinda ambiguous who was stronger. especially during alabasta when we saw sanji use his chef knives to fight. then the raid outfit. flight.

but i see what youre saying because he always kinda made it ambigous who was stronger luffy or zoro. everytime we saw luffy "save the day" zoro had already taken heavy damage doing cool stuff.
kuma kinda had me thinking zoro was as strong as luffy.
now the last 2 chaps have me thinking theyre damn near same level just with different move sets.

imo if not for luffy s rubber body and strong developed haki zoro could be stronger

I feel like Zoro has always had an edge over Sanji. After the Thriller Bark Arc were Zoro put the team on his back and took all the pain that Luffy had accumulated from Kuma to save his life that settled it for me.

up until WCI. oda made it about those 2 splitting 1&2. we know zoro was first mate but ODA always made it kinda ambiguous who was stronger. especially during alabasta when we saw sanji use his chef knives to fight. then the raid outfit. flight.

but i see what youre saying because he always kinda made it ambigous who was stronger luffy or zoro. everytime we saw luffy "save the day" zoro had already taken heavy damage doing cool stuff.
now the last 2 chaps have me thinking theyre damn near same level just with different move sets.

imo if not for luffy s rubber body and strong developed haki zoro could be stronger

I believe Oda said during East Blue Zoro and Luffy were equal. I don't think that dynamic changed until Enies Lobby really. Thriller bark is when I think the Zoro over Sanji conversation should have solidified once Zoro knocked Sanji out and took Luffy's pain. Since Alabasta Oda started showing a lot of Sanji's value is in doing stealthy stuff in the background that creates opportunities, like Mr. Prince in Little garden and Alabasta, breaking the ark in Skypiea. creating the whirlpools in Enies Lobby, sneaking on the train in W7. He's lacked those moments in the new world and it's brought into focus just pure fighting strength more and more and honestly, he's had a very average run, so I get why people are disappointed in Sanji these days.

I'm curious to see if Sanji uses the raid suit in this big battle. I really thought he wouldn't wear it until his family stuff was fully resolved. Either way I've been saying since Dressrosa, the power dynamics of the crew have changed. Every Yonko is at the top then there's been 3 to 4 high tier guys under them. I feel that where we're at now. Luffy at the top then Zoro, Jinbe, and Sanji below with Zoro at the top of those 3. Maybe even at Dressrosa as Zoro was coasting through the new world we could have still had the how close are Zoro and Luffy conversations, but since Luffy's grown from his fights with Doflamingo, Katakuri, and now Kaido he's created the separation, through refining his skillset and growing his haki. There's also potential for awakening at some point. We now know how Zoro will grow in the future too, utilizing conquer's haki and getting ryou. I doubt Zoro will be out of commission the rest of this arc, it'll be interesting to see if anything bigger comes from this revelation combined with using Enma in this arc as the fights get reshuffled as people enter and exit the battles below.

The most recent chapter still has me saying Zoro is behind Luffy. It should be obvious.

They dont show training a lot a d its kinda assumed Zoro is eother training or drinking in his down time yet its Luffy who trains his armament haki for a special imbued attack and then in the middle of a fight learns to use his conqueror's haki in his attacks. Meanwhile, Zoro still has no clue he has it and as of right now is beat the **** up while Luffy just got his 2nd wind.

But yeah it comes down to training. Luffy apparently over his life time did harder and more specified training or you can look at it as Rayleigh's training was better than Mihawk's training.

If training is the big deciding factor, imo you give Sanji time and he'd be on Luffy's level as well. That's just not his main focus. Dude purposely doesn't use his hands in fights. He's a skilled swordsman due to his training as a child but doesn't use blades cuz he sees them as tools to make food.
I feel like Zoro has always had an edge over Sanji. After the Thriller Bark Arc were Zoro put the team on his back and took all the pain that Luffy had accumulated from Kuma to save his life that settled it for me.
That was a pure Oda decision. Sanji was gonna take that pain just like Zoro but Zoro asked Kuma to move to a different location and took all the pain for himself :lol:
I'm curious to see if Sanji uses the raid suit in this big battle. I really thought he wouldn't wear it until his family stuff was fully resolved. Either way I've been saying since Dressrosa, the power dynamics of the crew have changed. Every Yonko is at the top then there's been 3 to 4 high tier guys under them. I feel that where we're at now. Luffy at the top then Zoro, Jinbe, and Sanji below with Zoro at the top of those 3.
I feel like this is going to get shaken up again after Yamato joins. Displayed to be damn near equals with Ace. Just gotta see what kind of haki he/she has.

When I do the comparison thing Roger had several ppl with conqueror's haki on his crew (so did Whitebeard); Rayleigh, Oden, Shanks (yeah he was a kid but he has it).

Zoro is the assassin cold blooded killa he’s luffy muscle. Sanji is holding the rest of the straw hats down both equally strong imo but zoro has the edge because he way more deadlier dude is front lines sanji is making sure the team straight.

sanji is a whole *** idiot for not using the raid suit during a war though. :lol: dude needs to be abusing that during a time like this

I'm 12 episodes behind in One Piece. Before I catch up I need to watch Dr. Stone, Log horizon, Neverland, and a few more,

The most recent chapter still has me saying Zoro is behind Luffy. It should be obvious.

They dont show training a lot a d its kinda assumed Zoro is eother training or drinking in his down time yet its Luffy who trains his armament haki for a special imbued attack and then in the middle of a fight learns to use his conqueror's haki in his attacks. Meanwhile, Zoro still has no clue he has it and as of right now is beat the **** up while Luffy just got his 2nd wind.

But yeah it comes down to training. Luffy apparently over his life time did harder and more specified training or you can look at it as Rayleigh's training was better than Mihawk's training.

If training is the big deciding factor, imo you give Sanji time and he'd be on Luffy's level as well. That's just not his main focus. Dude purposely doesn't use his hands in fights. He's a skilled swordsman due to his training as a child but doesn't use blades cuz he sees them as tools to make food.

That was a pure Oda decision. Sanji was gonna take that pain just like Zoro but Zoro asked Kuma to move to a different location and took all the pain for himself :lol:

I feel like this is going to get shaken up again after Yamato joins. Displayed to be damn near equals with Ace. Just gotta see what kind of haki he/she has.

When I do the comparison thing Roger had several ppl with conqueror's haki on his crew (so did Whitebeard); Rayleigh, Oden, Shanks (yeah he was a kid but he has it).
I'll give you that. Luffy's training is more refined especially for his DF.
I think Zoro's strength as a non DF user is highly up there tho.

like in pure uncut raw strength. Zoro may have the edge for me, but Luffy's DF along with haki training is so much better that would be his trump card.

we still dont know if Zoro can open up his eye. but if he didn't use it for this fight, it may be hard to say if he even can now.
I'm surprised he didn't and say something like.. I was saving this for Mihawk

Yea I figured it was clear luffy then zoro

then it could see arguments for couple people.. but could imagine if sanji trained like zoro does, but his love is cooking (and women)

Usopp and Nami are the clear bottom.. but even chopper has that one form

I've never felt like Zoro and Sanji were rivals in terms of strength
They're in-story rivals because they don't get along, but in a fight it should be clear who'll win :lol:

Solid Episode 1 :nerd:

Damn did Deku just kill that muscle guy? :lol:

Man I wanted to be the guy to bring Gundam to America in live action. Netflix probably not gonna do it justice even with that writer and director.

Hope it's an original story and they stay far away from Gundam Wing.

Last edited:

'Gundam' Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino Fires Shots at 'Demon Slayer' and 'Evangelion'
“…I have no problem saying ‘I’m going to crush Demon Slayer’ or ‘I’m going to crush Eva.’”

What does he mean crush? I know Gundam is still going but is there a new one out now? :nerd: I don't think theres any manga.

I guess he's going at Demon Slayer cuz its the hot new record breaking manga or comic period.

I always thought there was beef with any other anime that was similar to Gundam but not Gundam :lol:

This guy created one of the best franchises ever that can keep on going. No need to talk **** now.

Back
Top Bottom