The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Okami is a video game. Not an animal or mythical creature or even a yokai.

In the game, Okami is Amaterasu which is a female god of the sun. Not an animal. Its just in the game she takes on the form of a wolf.

Last edited:

In the game, Okami is Amaterasu which os a female god of the sun. Not an animal. Its just in the game she takes on the form of a wolf.

You're right. I saw a separate article for kuraokami crosslinked with the one from the game. So I thought the animal in the game was based on that, but seems kuraokami is a dragon.

In the game, Okami is Amaterasu which is a female god of the sun. Not an animal. Its just in the game she takes on the form of a wolf.
oh snap, thanks for the info.

MHA.............did I call it or did I call it. this is going o Fairy tail level for me now

I honestly didn't think MHA was going to go in a more edgy way where Deku stays a vigilante taking on AFO by himself while trying to protect ppl.

This was as dark as it was going to get.

Of course the power of friendship would lead him back to the light and light mood of the story.

The creator is a big fan of OP and Naruto. Oda and Kishi would've done the same things jist slightly differently.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't think MHA was going to go in a more edgy way where Deku stays a vigilante taking on OFA by himself while trying to protect ppl.

This was as dark as it was going to get.

Of course the power of friendship would lead him back to the light and light mood of the story.

The creator is a big fan of OP and Naruto. Oda and Kishi would've done the same things jist slightly differently.

one of the kids wouldve atleast died with oda or kishi
atleast a rock lee scenario (which i guess wouldve been mirio)

one of the kids wouldve atleast died with oda or kishi
atleast a rock lee scenario (which i guess wouldve been mirio)
With Kishi a kid would've died or seemed dead but only really at the climax of a saga or the entire story (3rd Hokage, Neji, etc.) but Oda? :lol: Only fake out deaths especially for the kids. They're basically the equivalent of Luffy's crew. Oda probably would've killed All-Might back during that big final fight with AFO (like WB for a new era for heroes) but Hori killed off Sir Nighteye instead.

I will say even though he doesn't do fakeout deaths or has the reputation of Oda, MHA does seem to be packing the sense of a real threat level as far as death. If anything it seems more likely that Deku or some other kid would burn out their quirk and no longer can be a hero than die.

But c'mon they're not near levels of Fairy Tale yet :lol: Kinda messed up I don't even try Mashima's new manga cuz of the feel of his stories and repittiveness.

From what I have been looking up, it can be one of a few creatures. It can be Inari, a mythical fox that can be both male and female (it is also a food pun like Oden). Kirin, a mythical dragon/horse hybrid that utilizes lightning and is supposed to herald a new age/ruler. Or Byakko, the white tiger of the west who is the opposite cardinal beast of the Azure dragon of the east (Kaido).

Last edited:
From what I have been looking up, it can be one of a few creatures. It can be Inari, a mythical fox that can be both male and female (it is also a food pun like Oden). Kirin, a mythical dragon/horse hybrid that utilizes lightning. Or Byakko, the white tiger of the west who is the opposite cardinal beast of the Azure dragon of the east (Kaido).
Yeah, they're going pretty hard on the speculating.

Kirin/Qilin, kotobuki, kasha, raiju, and a couple more. Also found out that going by the translation a byakko can also be a white fox not just tiger. Also cant be a kyubbi cuz Catarina Devon on BB's crew has that.

I'm basically falling back on the guessing game.

I’m super late on this but finally watched season 1 of Vinland saga. Amazing don’t know why I didn’t watch this sooner

ive never been so conflicted rooting for someone like askeladd :lol: he’s a piece of **** but my goodness was his character just so compelling and interesting every scenario I’m just like how he gonna get outta this and man that finale :wow: king thought he got one over on him making him choose between Canute and Wales and he said nah imma protect both watch this ***** :pimp::lol: I just knew thorfinn wasn’t gonna be able to get his revenge :smh: man seemed so lost he gotta find a real purpose in life fr fr

oh snap, thanks for the info.

I saw some people on reddit saying Yamato might have an Inari Okami fruit. According to wikipedia Inari Okami is often represented as male, female, or androgynous and can be associated with white foxes. Saw others thinking it was a kirin and a bunch of other mythological creatures and yokai. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Someone mentioned that the fruit intentionally fells off since normally once you see the transformation it's very clear.

Do you all think we're gonna go 5 acts or will Oda break from that structure since we're still in 3? I bring this up because people have been saying that these fight finishers feel weaker / less impactful than those in previous arc plus ancient zoans are supposed to heal faster. I can see what they mean but I don't think Oda would want to extend these fights out anymore. But we haven't seen Hawkins, Drake and Apoo have been off screen a while, Big Mom's crew still hasn't arrived, etc. so there's enough for act 4 I imagine.

Been hearing so many good things about Vinland Saga. Def gotta watch it soon.

Just finished EP 4 of Hellsing.

Also started reading Blue Period.

I don't think Oda is doing a 5 act thing (so many ppl think this and keep extending when they think act 3 will end lol) but he definitely has enough material to make this arc and climax even longer to make 5 acts.

I'm fine with the fights ending as is but I can see it going a few ways; the Flying 6 and All-Stars are defeated and Oda is just waiting for the defeat of Queen and King to have someone report to Kaido that your top officers have lost to the pirate-mink-alliance. Then show a big multi-panel page of all them defeated and Kaido's reaction with a DON! as Oda likes to do. In this scenario, I'd like to see Kaido proceed to single handley beat the **** out of the samurai and strawhats with Yamato only preventing their deaths barely until Luffy shows up to take on Kaido again. The strawhats and samurai feeling like they've won only to have Kaido show up with no Luffy around would add more tension and bring back the threat level of the situation. Sort of like when Enel kicked everybody's ***. This to me would jist be 3 acts.

I can also seeing it going another way that many have predicted, with all of the beaten Beast pirates getting back up, awakening their zoans and basically getting a round 2 to all of the fights while Yamato continues to fight Kaido, things progress with Luffy so he can begin to return, and maybe the Kaido/Yamato flashback starts.

The other way I can see it go down is Oda goes to really make this Onigashima war big and after the top Beast pirate officers are defeated their allies show up, the rest of the Big Mom pirates. So things go in to a real crazy WCI feel and some Marineford like epiciness which would justify Big Mom showing up at all. BM notices Kaido's men have lost, looks down on him, and again maybe turns on him like she did to Germa 66. So then things become a crazy 3 way war. This would allow for 5 acts.

I don't think Oda is doing a 5 act thing (so many ppl think this and keep extending when they think act 3 will end lol) but he definitely has enough material to make this arc and climax even longer to make 5 acts.

I agree that 5 acts aren't necessary, even if the rest of the fanbase is committed to it. I could see any of those scenarios happening. I think when Kaido falls, Big Mom calls it and leaves since she may be involved in Elbaf, since signs point to that being where her and Pudding's storylines being resolved. The scenarios you laid out are all good options. I personally don't think we're getting round 2s from the beast pirates though. Maybe back in the day, but I don't think Oda wants to do the story like that anymore. He leaves plenty of action for the anime to fill in, shows pieces of the fights and finishers and then goes, trust me the fight was awesome offscreen, but I need to get on with the story. 4 acts is plenty, with the 4th act just being the post fight world building that leads to the next arc. Robin reading the red poneglyph, conclusion of what happens with Momo, etc.

Luffy isn't coming back until Onigashima is fully at the flower capital and Kaido brings the wano citizen's attention to it. Oda is going to want Luffy to finish Kaido at the flower capital for all of wano to see and to cap off the festival. Which should be very soon from where we last saw it floating. Momo also has to get over there too probably. But after Zoro finishes King there will need to be something to keep everyone occupied while Luffy fights Kaido. Not sure what that will be yet. That could be when Big Mom's crew arrives, then once Kaido goes down she has them leave.

There will be something big happening post the Kaido battle as well I think that doesn't give them too much time to rest and forces them to leave quickly. I think that's the biggest reason why Oda had to make sure Zoro had side effects that would put him out of commission for a while.

Anyway I think I'm gonna start reading Hellsing tonight

I’m more curious of the next arc after Wano. Not sure if Oda will do 2 to 3 year arcs after this if he’s wanting OP to end.

I feel like I'll have to wait the next 5 years for ppl to get pass the lie or failed promise that One Piece is ending soon.

Like I'd love for it to be 2026 and we're still in Elbaf :lol:

One idea/prediction I did like was that OP would end during the year of the 30th anniversary but I don't even know if Oda will make that.

I started and finish watching Black Clover. I enjoyed it. For some reason, I thought it was going to be wack.

Oda sucks at predicting how long it'll take him to tell the story. Even with him admitting he's combining ideas, adjusting the story, and packing as much into chapters as he can. Idk if he's ever accurately got a timeline right. Only believe the percentages he gives for how much of the story is done. 30 year anniversary will be what 2027?

I wonder how the story would be right now if Oda had Doflamingo fight on Kaido's side in wano like he originally planned rather than getting rid of him in DR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom