The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Screenshot_20210802-205814_TikTok.jpg

:lol:

Turns out my mom's even started watching anime on her own. Today she said "I've been watching this anime Beastars, you should watch it if you haven't already it's really good" :lol:

Finished Cowboy Bebop and the movie, I can see now why it's considered a classic.
Currently watching Evangelion together. I'm about 12 episodes in but it hasn't really impressed me that much so far considering its reputation.

Also, My Hero Academia season 5 is trash. I don't know why I still tune in every week only to be left disappointed at the potential for greatness. I've always thought MHA was mid at best but this season is just hot garbage.

Last edited:
Yeah, mha this season is brutal. I stopped 5-6 episodes ago.
I think I'll drop it too. Actually the only anime I've ever dropped was Seven Deadly Sins after episode 1.

Any MHA manga readers here to provide some input on if the story gets better from here? I'm hearing that the manga has taken a huge tone shift and people seem to be really excited about the manga.

Funny, I love Seven Deadly Sins. I relate to Meliodas. Thought it was the final season but then the story stopped abruptly.

MHA should start releasing all year round cuz this part of the manga is hurting the anime. I started reading after s4.

Like I breezed by this part in the manga and it didn't bother me. If anything it was one of the few times the story really got some extended in school classroom focus before some villains attacked or interrupted their education.

Cant blame ppl for giving up the anime.

I think I'll drop it too. Actually the only anime I've ever dropped was Seven Deadly Sins after episode 1.

Any MHA manga readers here to provide some input on if the story gets better from here? I'm hearing that the manga has taken a huge tone shift and people seem to be really excited about the manga.

Yes, MHA gets better especially after the upcoming My Villain Academia arc. It takes a definitely surprising turn in tone. I’m happy with where it’s at.

I do agree that Season 5 is straight cheeks. I was hyped for My Villain Academia arc but with like 8 episodes left (I believe) it’ll be rushed and not bring the epic ness of that arc to fruition. Hopefully they jus skip it till Season 6 then go straight into the “War” arc which I believe MHA was at its best when that arc dropped.

World Trigger had so much potential but they kept this tournament arc going way too long. Havent cared about it in years.

Any recommendations on anime series from this season?
I’ve picked up Sonny Boy, which seems pretty interesting so far.

Back
Top Bottom