The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Start with Fate/Zero. The first, and IMO, one of the best parts in the series.
They said start at Unlimited Blade Works on the various sites I looked at. I've only seen 2 episodes so I guess I'll switch over. Only seen a few skirmishes and a bunch love interests so far anyway

Last edited:
About to give Fate a chance, even if it's like 100 different series
Is this in the Fate/Stay universe. Enjoyed that series years ago haven't stayed current on it though. Definitely enjoy the harem stories where dude is forever getting blue balls. :smh: :rofl:

Don’t even care to see luffy x Kaido give me zoro and Sanji
Concur, enjying my boy Zoro and King. Can't wait to see it animated. About time for someone to push Zoro and Sanji in the New World. Sanji isn't my favorite, but I do want to see him kick some ***. Luffy been doing it since stepping foot in New World, and growing way to fast for my taste. It is what it is though, MC going to MC.

I got some of the references but the invisible guy is a reference to?

I got some of the references but the invisible guy is a reference to?

Thats a running joke within Gintama, basically Shinpachi (the character reading the manga) IS the pair of glasses and wears the body. So sometimes hes just depicted as a floating pair of glasses :lol:

friend gave his seal of approval with Gintama. already warned I have a lot of catching up to do since I haven't watched it yet but all worth it.

I wonder why I stopped reading Gintama. Its mad funny.

I think I either caught up and didn't want to read week to week or I was just reading too much and had to drop something.

I wonder why I stopped reading Gintama. Its mad funny.

I think I either caught up and didn't want to read week to week or I was just reading too much and had to drop something.
it could be the latter, I had so many great shows to watch but for the heck of it, I also discontinue watching some of them. I can't exactly remember the title of that anime that I watched but I think I remember it was some sort of a harem/mecha genre. I believe they were on a ship and this new guy had to learn to use the mecha. I believe there was some sort of jewel involved if I'm not mistaken. this was the same time that I was still watching Highschool DxD and that HighSchool of the Dead.

Wrapping up Alabasta arc.
I enjoyed it.
Croc was a great villian, everyone had to earn their W's. Got to the brink of death to win. Except Nami, but her fight was kinda funny. Plot was cool with everything going on with the sand kingdom (rebels, the kingdom, the green powder/rain) and of course the lols.

Only issues/question.
Do they explain how Luffy survived getting a hook throught the chest? Couldn't be healed just by eating meat. Also the poison.
How Zorro alive. :lol:

Wrapping up Alabasta arc.
I enjoyed it.
Croc was a great villian, everyone had to earn their W's. Got to the brink of death to win. Except Nami, but her fight was kinda funny. Plot was cool with everything going on with the sand kingdom (rebels, the kingdom, the green powder/rain) and of course the lols.

Only issues/question.
Do they explain how Luffy survived getting a hook throught the chest? Couldn't be healed just by eating meat. Also the poison.

Have you seen any of the movies ?

The two Fate series I've seen weren't too bad. They go heavy establishing the lore of their world and the fights are pretty nice

They're good and for the most part non canon from the series.

If you take a break or got some free time you should check out "Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island."
It's a big departure from the series but it's very good imo.
Barbados Slim Barbados Slim

Last edited:
They're good and for the most part non canon from the series.

If you take a break or got some free time you should check out "Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island."
It's a big departure from the series but it's very good imo.
The director of that is Mamoru Hosoda. He worked his way up from directing Digimon movies and is now one of the top anime film directors today. Known for movies like The Girl Who Leapt Thru TIme and Wolf Children.

His newest:

Just finished Kimetsu No Yaiba: Demon Train and Lupin III: The First and dug them both.

I expected to like Demon Train just fine, ufotable killed the first season so obviously they'd be even better with more time and a bigger budget; but Rengoku really shined in a way I wasn't prepared for. Excited for new episodes in December.

That Lupin movie is my favorite execution of 3D CG anime I've seen so far, easily. **** was like Pixar quality.

Only issues/question.
The first stabbing simply wasn't fatal is all. Second time and the poison though, Miss All Sunday gave him the antidote or gave it to king Cobra to give to Luffy.

As you will begin to learn, Zoro via his training can just about survive anything. He'll just be heavily injured post arc.

Back
Top Bottom