The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Shame on me for waiting so long to discover the comedic greatness that is Gintama
Shame on me too. Been watching it together with my mom, we're on episode 173 now. Pretty sure she loves it even more than I do.
I'm really baffled at how consistent the comedy is, I can't really recall an episode where I wasn't at least entertained.

The voice acting is 11/10 too. Anything coming out of Katsura's mouth just puts a smile on my face because the voice actor just makes him sound like an absolute moron.

Lol. Do you need to know a lot about Japanese pop culture to enjoy it? Some reviews I’ve read say so

Shame on me too. Been watching it together with my mom, we're on episode 173 now. Pretty sure she loves it even more than I do.
I'm really baffled at how consistent the comedy is, I can't really recall an episode where I wasn't at least entertained.

The voice acting is 11/10 too. Anything coming out of Katsura's mouth just puts a smile on my face because the voice actor just makes him sound like an absolute moron.
couldn't give a time to it right now since I have a lot of things in my hand. I couldn't even finish Gundamn III and I have to follow it up with a few more.

Lol. Do you need to know a lot about Japanese pop culture to enjoy it? Some reviews I’ve read say so
Not at all. You'll miss quite a few references/jokes but the references are explained in yellow text at the top of the screen.
There's more than enough content and comedy to enjoy even without knowing anything about Japanese pop culture.

I think you do need to know at least a little bit about anime but not a whole lot. My mom is 63 years old, rates it a 10/10 show and she's only seen a limited amount of anime. So I'm pretty sure almost anybody can enjoy it.

Last edited:
new demon slayer eps was kagura flames. this show reminded me of what it's like to wait a week for an eps. been a looonnnggg time.

good to see this thread will never die.

some series mentioned in the past few pages i need to watch.

MHA, Vinland Saga...

I am insanely behind on OP, last arc i can remember was...entering wano? idk, might restart after donflamingo gets KOd. i stopped watching the anime cuz Toei started doing the 1 chapter/eps and it got unbearable, but I've read they got better in wano :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

totally forgot AOT started back up, prolly behind an eps or 2.

Bruh, that demon courtesan looking kinda hot. She seems weaker than the other upper demon that fought the flame hashira or Tanjiro just leveled up so much since then and needs to stay with flame / fire breathing.

1640430502-c05e73f75fc2ff01615e747177303ea3.jpeg

I just finished this.
Watched it because I saw a bunch of great reviews

Initially I wasn't feeling it.
Was just kind of Ok.
But damn that last episode lol :wow:
Makes me want to immediately re watch.

Great series.

Bruh, that demon courtesan looking kinda hot. She seems weaker than the other upper demon that fought the flame hashira or Tanjiro just leveled up so much since then and needs to stay with flame / fire breathing.
You gotta wait for the rest of the story fam there’s ranks

Yeah but so far in the show we've only been told about upper rank and lower rank demons. Wanna see who the strongest hashira are too.

I lost interest in Bleach. that series just ran too long and the story pretty much a helter skelter and got more confusing than ever.
I did too. Quit reading the manga part way through the last arc. However I loved the soul society and most of the Arrancar saga.

She is weaker. She's an Upper 6 Moon rank and if I recall correctly, Akaza (the demon who fought Rengoku) is Upper 3.
Upper Moon 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Lower Moon 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6

She is weaker. She's an Upper 6 Moon rank and if I recall correctly, Akaza (the demon who fought Rengoku) is Upper 3.
Upper Moon 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Lower Moon 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6
You can axe the lower moon rankings since they dont exist anymore. :lol:

Ok, I had forgotten what their upper rank numbers were. Want to see a lot more hashira vs upper rank demon fights.

In due time

Episode 1 of Tokyo 24th Ward was pretty good and ran for 48 minutes

Last edited:
It was beautiful to see scumbag eren and his scumbag goons get shot. armin still eren's fluffer.

Back
Top Bottom