The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Wait is there another version? The one I saw was he cut off his leg to save that kid when there were in the ocean.
You watching the 4Kids version then.

Or I'm just thinking about the manga. In that he cuts off his leg and ate it and gave Sanji what little food they had left after saving him while he sat around the stolen treasure.

Figured this would be the best thread to share it in (obviously), but I got lucky and found this custom Evangelion work jacket on Grailed. Did a little looking around and found its from a small site named bhamclothing (bham studios on IG) that does anime themed pieces. The jacket is cut and sew which explains the quality being so on point and it also came with two extra patches!
20220617_172808.jpg
20220617_171718.jpg
20220617_171837.jpg
20220617_171843.jpg
20220617_171857.jpg
20220617_171912.jpg

Figured this would be the best thread to share it in (obviously), but I got lucky and found this custom Evangelion work jacket on Grailed. Did a little looking around and found its from a small site named bhamclothing (bham studios on IG) that does anime themed pieces. The jacket is cut and sew which explains the quality being so on point and it also came with two extra patches!
20220617_172808.jpg
20220617_171718.jpg
20220617_171837.jpg
20220617_171843.jpg
20220617_171857.jpg
20220617_171912.jpg

this jacket actually came out pretty recently. Ive been following the brand on insta for a few months

this jacket actually came out pretty recently. Ive been following the brand on insta for a few months
Yeah seemed like I missed the drop by a month or so sadly. Definitely gonna be keeping the brand in my bookmarks though, the jacket is phenomenal. It's hard to find anime themed pieces the don't make you look like a total dork but bham seems to be getting better and better. The vagabond knit looked great but I'm not a fan of the series (never read it) so I didn't see any point in getting it.

He also said the giants were the biggest earners in his mercenary group and they all left to join Luffy. He definitely was recruiting in the new world to start his "delivery service" and was said to have the monopoly on the war market once Doflamingo went down since his mercenaries would fill the void. So I'm sure that has something to do with it. Something impressive probably happened when the navy went to catch him that got him this status though.
Its either a really funny situation with the former warlords being hunted and/or someone really powerful joined Buggy and is either laying low or is letting Buggy be a puppet leader or he actually recruited some yonko level character.

Some serious strong pirates had to join Buggy during the period from Dressrosa to the events of Wano.

Its either a really funny situation with the former warlords being hunted and/or someone really powerful joined Buggy and is either laying low or is letting Buggy be a puppet leader or he actually recruited some yonko level character.

Some serious strong pirates had to join Buggy during the period from Dressrosa to the events of Wano.

Yeah the last we saw Buggy was him complaining about the navy coming after him and trying to sneak away while his crew fought while also thinking his life plans were ruined. Like you said something went really right for him or someone really strong got in between the attack and joined his crew.

To anyone still keeping up with Hajime no Ippo and his "retirement" arc, today's chapter is just a glimpse at what we are gonna get in the future. I had a huge smile on my face. :lol: :pimp:

Wow Hajime no Ippo still going strong huh?

I just could not deal with the repetitive nature and the same ol level up to a new strong opponent every arc dance

Did Ippo and Takamura ever fight each other?

I just could not deal with the repetitive nature and the same ol level up to a new strong opponent every arc dance

Still going very strong. His retirement arc has been very interesting.
He's been helping other boxers during his retirement, both in sparring and being their second during matches. He's also literally been wearing training weights this whole time while helping people better themselves. He's sparred with Takamura at least once that I can remember and Birdman noticed that he's gotten faster with the weights on even though Ippo himself says that he feels like he's lost a step since stepping away from the ring. In the newest chapter, Volg asked him to be his sparring partner, while also asking him to take the weights off. Let me tell you, Ippo put the fear of god into him during that sparring match :lol: . Everyone watching was wondering why Ippo retired in the first place, while Ippo apologized at the end of the spar because he felt like he didn't help Volg at all. :lol:

His perfected Dempsey Roll looks terrifying now. :pimp:

The most I've seen is him do mitts and run with Takamura since Kamagowa is sick or something. Being a 2nd seems to have taught him more than Kamagowa it seems cause he's actually got some technique and isn't just constantly eating punches. I'm not an avid follower of the series though have just picked it up at the last 10 or so chapters to see how his retirements been going and if he had come back yet. But seems like it was good time, cause it seems he's getting closer to coming back and it's been interesting.

Still going very strong. His retirement arc has been very interesting.
He's been helping other boxers during his retirement, both in sparring and being their second during matches. He's also literally been wearing training weights this whole time while helping people better themselves. He's sparred with Takamura at least once that I can remember and Birdman noticed that he's gotten faster with the weights on even though Ippo himself says that he feels like he's lost a step since stepping away from the ring. In the newest chapter, Volg asked him to be his sparring partner, while also asking him to take the weights off. Let me tell you, Ippo put the fear of god into him during that sparring match :lol: . Everyone watching was wondering why Ippo retired in the first place, while Ippo apologized at the end of the spar because he felt like he didn't help Volg at all. :lol:

His perfected Dempsey Roll looks terrifying now. :pimp:
Damn almost makes me want to jump back in.

But that would be a damn One Piece level herculean task of maybe like 500 or 600 chapters of reading. Don't got time for that now :lol:
The most I've seen is him do mitts and run with Takamura since Kamagowa is sick or something. Being a 2nd seems to have taught him more than Kamagowa it seems cause he's actually got some technique and isn't just constantly eating punches. I'm not an avid follower of the series though have just picked it up at the last 10 or so chapters to see how his retirements been going and if he had come back yet. But seems like it was good time, cause it seems he's getting closer to coming back and it's been interesting.
If there is one thing good about the manga is you can jump back in almost at any time.

I just read the sparring chapter with Volg :lol: That Dempsey roll and the angle he came in at was scary. The way he was catching those punches.

Also for some reason I was expecting DBZ type weighted clothing and the whole 9. He just had ankle weights man and turned in to a beast.

Last edited:
Code Geass is one of the best animes of all time imo. I actually teared up on the last episode of s2.
tried watching this one. I stopped and didn't look back. not for me. protagonist is just unlikeable. storyline is meh. this anime is frustrating at best. not one of the best animes, seen way better material.

Holy ****, first Hajime no Ippo, now One Punch Man. This week's chapters are getting wild.

Back
Top Bottom