The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i mean... i watched one season of one of them... AT LEAST i gave it a shot... right?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Battousai701

i feel that sasuke is gonna double cross his brother when he least expect it

its gonna suck because itachi is so smart and a calculating character.

kishi is gonna off itachi through sasuke's hands somehow to make sasuke a darker character
It's really difficult to predict any of those two's motives; especially considering the fact that they're both such dynamic characters. Hold that thought though
nerd.gif

kishi is gonna off itachi through sasuke's hands somehow to make sasuke a darker character
It's really difficult to predict any of those two's motives; especially considering the fact that they're both such dynamic characters. Hold that thought though
nerd.gif

Why would Sasuke off his bro? He loves that dude after he found out the truth. Itachi will eventually get Kabuto to release the Edo Tensei which means he will kill himself.

Why would Sasuke off his bro? He loves that dude after he found out the truth. Itachi will eventually get Kabuto to release the Edo Tensei which means he will kill himself.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

i never was much of a gundam fan
ohwell.gif

they all always sucked IMO!
I watched gundam off and on when it was on toonami, but it never enticed me as much as other shows such as dbz or yu yu hakosho.
I gave Gundam 00 a chance but I didn't like it.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Unpossible.  What didn't you like about it?
Before I do that, lemme state what I liked about the show.
The first OP has got to be one of the best ops that I've seen, which really made me hyped up to watch it.
The OST was pretty good and the same goes for all the OPS and EDS.
The action and animation were above average.
I liked the first season, but season 2 was basically a repeat of season 1.

Now, the bad things.
Almost everytime I thought that something bad was going to happen to Celestial Being(CB), it was a false alarm.
Lock-on dying, which would cripple CB's fighting strength. Nope, he has a twin who also has the exact same goals as him.
Ian getting hurt, the dude who flies the ship getting hurt, Setusna almost losing his gundam, and CB almost getting defeated.
Nope, they were all false alarms.

The story, characters, and character development were pretty lacking.
Story: CB's main goal was to make society at peace and they wanted people to change. Okay, but how? I felt that they needed to elaborate on that.

Characters: The characters were bland.
When the characters were talking to each other, I disliked how almost every character would respond to each other by saying the person's name of who was talking.
For example, saji would say something about CB's tactics and all setsuna would respond with is...saji. Almost all the main characters did this, which I found annoying.
Sometimes characters would ask questions and then totally disregard their own question. For example, the general's son asking his dad why he was disobeying the military, but then he's like screw it, I'm just going to kill you. Then he cries about at the end, which I found stupid.

Character development:There were inconsistencies in some of the characters' character development such as CB's leader not wanting to lead after risking her life in the first season, the flagfighter, and the flagfighter's friend helping CB's leader after cutting ties with her. Setsuna's story needed way more elaboration. They showed his story about 5 times and each time they showed it, it added no new info, just different camera angles. There were a lot questions that I had that weren't answered by the end of the show, such as why did setsuna kill his parents, why does he fight, what is veda, who is Eolia Schemburg and how did he predict that these events would occur?

All in all, I highly disliked season 2 compared to season 1.
Season 2 was a major letdown.
I wouldn't give it a second watch.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

i never was much of a gundam fan
ohwell.gif

they all always sucked IMO!
I watched gundam off and on when it was on toonami, but it never enticed me as much as other shows such as dbz or yu yu hakosho.
I gave Gundam 00 a chance but I didn't like it.

Unpossible.  What didn't you like about it?
Before I do that, lemme state what I liked about the show.
The first OP has got to be one of the best ops that I've seen, which really made me hyped up to watch it.

Now, the bad things.
Almost everytime I thought that something bad was going to happen to Celestial Being(CB), it was a false alarm.
Lock-on dying, which would cripple CB's fighting strength. Nope, he has a twin who also has the exact same goals as him.
Ian getting hurt, the dude who flies the ship getting hurt, Setusna almost losing his gundam, and CB almost getting defeated.

Story: CB's main goal was to make society at peace and they wanted people to change. Okay, but how? I felt that they needed to elaborate on that.

When the characters were talking to each other, I disliked how almost every character would respond to each other by saying the person's name of who was talking.
For example, saji would say something about CB's tactics and all setsuna would respond with is...saji. Almost all the main characters did this, which I found annoying.
Sometimes characters would ask questions and then totally disregard their own question. For example, the general's son asking his dad why he was disobeying the military, but then he's like screw it, I'm just going to kill you. Then he cries about at the end, which I found stupid.

Character development:There were inconsistencies in some of the characters' character development such as CB's leader not wanting to lead after risking her life in the first season, the flagfighter, and the flagfighter's friend helping CB's leader after cutting ties with her. Setsuna's story needed way more elaboration. They showed his story about 5 times and each time they showed it, it added no new info, just different camera angles. There were a lot questions that I had that weren't answered by the end of the show, such as why did setsuna kill his parents, why does he fight, what is veda, who is Eolia Schemburg and how did he predict that these events would occur?

fourth great ninja war finally beings in The Naruto anime, but also months of fillers before anything actually happens smh

fourth great ninja war finally beings in The Naruto anime, but also months of fillers before anything actually happens smh

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

I thought we just had months of fillers, that just ended like a month ago? 
indifferent.gif

iYen wrote:

Now, the bad things.

I feel like a lot of the problems you had with it are present in a lot of animes.  Like people unnecessarily saying the names of the people they're talking to, that's so corny but I've learned to ignore it 
laugh.gif

There were a lot of close-calls/false alarms, but what fun would it be if the bad guy wins?  Gundam pilots rarely die in the series that I've watched, so I was surprised that they went there.  This series was a lot darker than the previous ones that I watched.

The plan to make the world change was to unite the world against CB, because CB was performing interventions everywhere.  However, the world that came out of that uniting was corrupt (A-Laws) so they had to do it again (hence the plot behind season 2).

Did you watch all of season 2? Not trying to be funny, just wondering, because a lot of the inconsistencies were explained.  Actually, I watched it through the first time and didn't fully understand it until I watched it a second time, so much is going on at once. The episode that was entitled "Reason to Fight" or something like that explains a lot of those things.  Also Veda and Eolia, and Innovators are explained as well

Anyways, I liked season 1 but I liked season 2 wayyy more.  I've watched the whole thing probably 3 times through since I got it this year 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

I thought we just had months of fillers, that just ended like a month ago? 
indifferent.gif

iYen wrote:

Now, the bad things.

I feel like a lot of the problems you had with it are present in a lot of animes.  Like people unnecessarily saying the names of the people they're talking to, that's so corny but I've learned to ignore it 
laugh.gif

There were a lot of close-calls/false alarms, but what fun would it be if the bad guy wins?  Gundam pilots rarely die in the series that I've watched, so I was surprised that they went there.  This series was a lot darker than the previous ones that I watched.

The plan to make the world change was to unite the world against CB, because CB was performing interventions everywhere.  However, the world that came out of that uniting was corrupt (A-Laws) so they had to do it again (hence the plot behind season 2).

Did you watch all of season 2? Not trying to be funny, just wondering, because a lot of the inconsistencies were explained.  Actually, I watched it through the first time and didn't fully understand it until I watched it a second time, so much is going on at once. The episode that was entitled "Reason to Fight" or something like that explains a lot of those things.  Also Veda and Eolia, and Innovators are explained as well

Anyways, I liked season 1 but I liked season 2 wayyy more.  I've watched the whole thing probably 3 times through since I got it this year 
laugh.gif

The problem that I had with that was that the characters wouldn't adequately respond to what another character asked.
I didn't want the bad guys to win necessarily but there was at least 3 battles that I can recall where CB was clearly out-mobile suited, but some frivolous reason made the forces opposing CB retreat.

That makes sense.

I watched all 50 episodes.
Season 1 was pretty enjoyable but season 2 was a drag to watch IMO.
The things that you listed were touched upon but I still felt that they needed some elaboration.
They didn't even do some sort of flashback of how Eolia came to create his plan or explaining the head inovator's motivation to create a new world.

The problem that I had with that was that the characters wouldn't adequately respond to what another character asked.
I didn't want the bad guys to win necessarily but there was at least 3 battles that I can recall where CB was clearly out-mobile suited, but some frivolous reason made the forces opposing CB retreat.

That makes sense.

I watched all 50 episodes.
Season 1 was pretty enjoyable but season 2 was a drag to watch IMO.
The things that you listed were touched upon but I still felt that they needed some elaboration.
They didn't even do some sort of flashback of how Eolia came to create his plan or explaining the head inovator's motivation to create a new world.

Very true. CB was very "lucky" if you can call it that
laugh.gif

Eolia comes off as this Wiley Coyote-esque super genius, a flashback would have defnitely helped a lot.
I know there are a couple side stories in manga form, they focus a lot more on Celestial Being before the events of the anime
EDIT: I just realized your avy is the Professor from Powerpuff Girls 
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Eolia comes off as this Wiley Coyote-esque super genius, a flashback would have defnitely helped a lot.
I know there are a couple side stories in manga form, they focus a lot more on Celestial Being before the events of the anime
roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Had me
roll.gif
also.

I haven't seen a Gundam series since G Gundam. Any good recommendations?

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Had me
roll.gif
also.

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Had me
roll.gif
also.

I really liked G Gundam, but Gundam Wing was my favorite until Gundam 00 came out.  I would say that G Gundam is a lot different than 00 and Wing.
I'm going to start watching Gundam Seed now, we'll see how that goes. *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Had me
roll.gif
also.

I really liked G Gundam, but Gundam Wing was my favorite until Gundam 00 came out.  I would say that G Gundam is a lot different than 00 and Wing.
I'm going to start watching Gundam Seed now, we'll see how that goes. *crosses fingers*

I'm on episode 9 of Another and still isn't sure on what it's about... I'm just in it for the deaths 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom