The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Just finished NGE and EoE, my thought exactly (SPOILERS if you haven't watched any)

Bought the 1.11 and 2.22 blu-ray, 1.11 should be getting here shortly, 2.22 won't ship out till May, I'm just gonna sit tight till someone does a proper sub of 3.33 and then cop it when it releases.

Just finished NGE and EoE, my thought exactly (SPOILERS if you haven't watched any)

Bought the 1.11 and 2.22 blu-ray, 1.11 should be getting here shortly, 2.22 won't ship out till May, I'm just gonna sit tight till someone does a proper sub of 3.33 and then cop it when it releases.
That video was :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Panty & Stocking shoutout caught me off guard :lol: :lol:

Is it safe to say that we're all team Asuka here?

I will take this time to remind you guys that next week is golden week in japan, so no big 3 until around the 7th of may.

After sleeping on it..
I still don't know. :rofl: :rofl:

I feel like it just threw everyone onto the same plane of confusion whether you're a new fan, old fan, etc. but all of these questions have kept me as busy as I was after I finished EoE. :lol: :lol: I really don't know what I think of this movie until I see 4.0. I'm staying optimistic that it solves a lot of questions. Evangelion has always been confusing.

I really do like that the setting is after 3rd impact. But it's crazy that a 4th impact was able to start and there's still a 5th possible one. It's like the giant Fanta bath is inevitable no matter what anyone does to try and prevent it. :frown: :frown:

I'm also beginning to think that this all happened during the 14-yr timeskip.

And hopefully they follow the same pattern with 4.0 because the preview was bad.

I just finished watching it after sleeping on it as well...
I Feel like I understood everything that happened in the movie and how it connects to the previous one, but at the same time I keep drawing blanks. :lol:
I just need to let the movie sink in. Things will start putting themselves together in my head soon. :lol:
Here's some things that came to mind right off the bat.
From what I can remember, Shinji didn't cause the third impact with unit-01. He was impaled and stopped by Kaworu in eva unit-06 at the end of the second movie. My guess is that right after that, he proceeded to go and complete the third impact himself since it was unit-06 that was in central dogma and not unit-01. It also looks like the original rei ayanami is still alive but sealed in a test tube somewhere.
Also, the 4th impact didn't happen.
I might keep posting more random thoughts that come into my head later. :lol:

Hey guys. check this out. It's a live action short made by Studio Ghibli. It looks great. :pimp:

Just so you know, if it reminded you of Evangelion, Hideaki Anno, creator of Evangelion, commissioned this short and wrote the script. It's directed by Shinji Higuchi, who also worked on Evangelion. So, what do you guys think? Live action prequel to the evangelion series showing off the first impact? :nerd:

This short is actually the apocalypse scene that appears in the beginning of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.Here's a pic from the manga and the trailer for the film.

I hope they actually make this a feature film. It looks Great. :pimp:

This is my favorite part about Evangelion. The discussions and theories.

After sleeping on it..
I still don't know. :rofl: :rofl:

I feel like it just threw everyone onto the same plane of confusion whether you're a new fan, old fan, etc. but all of these questions have kept me as busy as I was after I finished EoE. :lol: :lol: I really don't know what I think of this movie until I see 4.0. I'm staying optimistic that it solves a lot of questions. Evangelion has always been confusing.

I really do like that the setting is after 3rd impact. But it's crazy that a 4th impact was able to start and there's still a 5th possible one. It's like the giant Fanta bath is inevitable no matter what anyone does to try and prevent it. :frown: :frown:

I'm also beginning to think that this all happened during the 14-yr timeskip.

And hopefully they follow the same pattern with 4.0 because the preview was bad.

I just finished watching it after sleeping on it as well...
I Feel like I understood everything that happened in the movie and how it connects to the previous one, but at the same time I keep drawing blanks. :lol:
I just need to let the movie sink in. Things will start putting themselves together in my head soon. :lol:
Here's some things that came to mind right off the bat.
From what I can remember, Shinji didn't cause the third impact with unit-01. He was impaled and stopped by Kaworu in eva unit-06 at the end of the second movie. My guess is that right after that, he proceeded to go and complete the third impact himself since it was unit-06 that was in central dogma and not unit-01. It also looks like the original rei ayanami is still alive but sealed in a test tube somewhere.
Also, the 4th impact didn't happen.
I might keep posting more random thoughts that come into my head later. :lol:
This movie has been all about sinking in for me. :lol: The more I think about it, the more I keep thinking of possible answers and such. Rewatching has helped.

:wow: I didn't even think of the possibility of Kaworu trying to continue the impact. It makes sense now that I think of it because of the Mark.06 being there. But if he did continue the third impact, it failed again? It was referred to in 3.0 as the near third impact and there were still people left who weren't Fanta.

What could he have to gain from that though? It seemed like his motivations in the Rebuilds were for Shinji's happiness.

Something I've been wondering is why Touji's sister was the only person on the Wunder to treat Shinji as a human being and what she did to make her want him to forgive her.

It already feels like Touji's dead because they gave Shinji his shirt at the Nerv base. I just can't make the connection, though.

Last edited:
Came in here because i saw someone mention Evangelion :lol:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I got my copy of 3.33 yesterday and the animation quality is stellar. Will post my theories from being a long time fan a bit later.

I really hate what they did to my girl Misato though :smh:

Last edited:
Hataraku Maou-sama! Ep 4
When this show wants to be funny, it gets pretty damn funny and when it wants to hit the serious side, it handles it very well. It's progressing very well and I still haven't gotten annoyed with any characters.
Alseil with the punishment begging. This guy is a goddamn riot. "Permission to unleash the Dullahan?" :rofl: :rofl:
ibeOf5u3SvC3PW.gif

Best character by far. :lol: :lol:

That bombshell dropped with him killing her dad. It explains a lot of how she acted in their kindness. His apology was so half assed too. Damn, it was getting heated in there and then... hello Chiho. Poor girl.

Landlord lady is suspicious as hell knowing all these things.

Lucifer's wings are badass.

Last edited:
This is my favorite part about Evangelion. The discussions and theories.
This movie has been all about sinking in for me. :lol: The more I think about it, the more I keep thinking of possible answers and such. Rewatching has helped.

:wow: I didn't even think of the possibility of Kaworu trying to continue the impact. It makes sense now that I think of it because of the Mark.06 being there. But if he did continue the third impact, it failed again? It was referred to in 3.0 as the near third impact and there were still people left who weren't Fanta.

What could he have to gain from that though? It seemed like his motivations in the Rebuilds were for Shinji's happiness.

Something I've been wondering is why Touji's sister was the only person on the Wunder to treat Shinji as a human being and what she did to make her want him to forgive her.

It already feels like Touji's dead because they gave Shinji his shirt at the Nerv base. I just can't make the connection, though.
I love discussing this series as well. :pimp:

I don't believe that the third impact failed. I think that the near third impact was the one that occured with Shinji and was stopped by Kaworu. He then went and completed the third impact himself, Unbeknownst to anyone, and killed off the majority of the people in Tokyo-3, Toji included :frown: (although I do want to know how his sister and those other survived the impact). This might explain why people appear to blame Shinji for still causing the Third impact. Also, don't forget Kaworu was the first angel, Adam. An angel's purpose is to make contact with Lilith (who is in Central Dogma) in order to cause an impact. This can explain why Lilith was just a "corpse" and why unit-06 was in there. As to who stopped unit-06 from completing the human instrumentality project by piercing him with two lances of longinus, your guess is as good as mine.

While i'm on the subject I found it interesting when Kaworu said he was the first angel, now "cast down" to the thirteenth. I feel like they were possibly trying to allude to how Adam, the first human, (and eve) were cast out of eden. That's the feeling I got from that particular scene.

I can't wait to see the 4th movie now. I want to see those three walk through that Kool-Aid desert and reach "where the Lilin lie". :lol:

Came in here because i saw someone mention Evangelion :lol:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I got my copy of 3.33 yesterday and the animation quality is stellar. Will post my theories from being a long time fan a bit later.

I really hate what they did to my girl Misato though :smh:
As a fellow long time fan, I will be eagerly awaiting your theories on this series. :pimp:
Also, I see no problems with how Misato is portrayed in the movie. :lol:
Those 14 years must have really done a number on her. probably why she is so cold and indifferent now.

Hataraku Maou-sama! Ep 4
When this show wants to be funny, it gets pretty damn funny and when it wants to hit the serious side, it handles it very well. It's progressing very well and I still haven't gotten annoyed with any characters.
Alseil with the punishment begging. This guy is a goddamn riot. "Permission to unleash the Dullahan?" :rofl: :rofl:
ibeOf5u3SvC3PW.gif

That bombshell dropped with him killing her dad. It explains a lot of how she acted in their kindness. His apology was so half assed too. Damn, it was getting heated in there and then... hello Chiho. Poor girl.

This series is really top notch man. they sure know how to mix the right amount of seriousness with bits of comedy.
Alseil is a damn fool. :lol:
it wasn't masao that directly killed her father. It was Lucifer and the army under his command that did him in. I can see why he still is to blame though. But now that Lucifer has made an appearance, I want to see what the hero will do. Also, I want to see what the hero's comrades are gonna do when they actually get there. it looks like potential lulz will be had. :lol:

That landlady has to be a demon or something to know about all of that stuff. I say that because I don't really see an angel or non-demon really taking him in to live there knowing that he is the demon king. :lol:

Hataraku Maou-sama! Ep 4
ibeOf5u3SvC3PW.gif

Man this show is getting crazy! Poor chiho i hope she is alright :frown:

This series is really top notch man. they sure know how to mix the right amount of seriousness with bits of comedy.
Alseil is a damn fool. :lol:
it wasn't masao that directly killed her father. It was Lucifer and the army under his command that did him in. I can see why he still is to blame though. But now that Lucifer has made an appearance, I want to see what the hero will do. Also, I want to see what the hero's comrades are gonna do when they actually get there. it looks like potential lulz will be had. :lol:

That landlady has to be a demon or something to know about all of that stuff. I say that because I don't really see an angel or non-demon really taking him in to live there knowing that he is the demon king. :lol:

No doubt the land lady is involved somehow she definitely knows of the Entai Isla world. I'm wondering if Maou is about to hulk out again next ep.

I myself just started. I'm on episode 9 and i'm enjoying it. Trying to catch up to the 50's lol

I enjoy the show. I compare it to Bakuman with a more mature approach. All the characters are adults and they all bring something different to the table in regards to their personality and their situation. Also there's still a lot of content to go through, so the show will keep going for a while.

Teenage RomCom SNAFU ep. 4
I don't know why, but I always get hyped when a random show references Kazuma the shell bullet or any other character from s-CRY-ed. I love s-CRY-ed. :lol:
Also, homeboy falling for that Totsuka trap again. "Please cook for me every morning for the rest of my life". :rofl:

Anyone else see this?

Lego Unit-01 :nthat: :nthat:

also I just realized that neither 1.11 or 2.22 came with the guide books or fancy boxes :frown:

Last edited:
Teenage RomCom SNAFU ep. 4
I don't know why, but I always get hyped when a random show references Kazuma the shell bullet or any other character from s-CRY-ed. I love s-CRY-ed. :lol:
Also, homeboy falling for that Totsuka trap again. "Please cook for me every morning for the rest of my life". :rofl:

"Sorry i was still half asleep." :rofl:

I'm really liking this show. This and Hataraku are some of my top ones this season. Yuyushiki is up there but i don't think anyone on here but me watches it lol.

I'm really liking this show. This and Hataraku are some of my top ones this season. Yuyushiki is up there but i don't think anyone on here but me watches it lol.
I watch Yuyushiki, although I dont know why. :lol: :wow:

Last edited:
Aku No Hana ep 4
This dude Kasuga has absolutely no way to win in this damn show. :lol: :lol: Oh my god that girl is crazy :x

Oregairu ep 4
I love the inner dialogue of this show and how it realistically handles the situations. It's also VERY refreshing to seemingly have a character who is a genuinely nice guy and not being some undercover *******.

:rofl: :rofl:

I died at this part too. :lol:

Last edited:
And now time for some more EVANGELION 3.33 theories. :pimp: :nerd:

I did not notice those giant teeth in the movie. :wow:
Does that mean that earth is a giant angel or something? And while i'm on this train of thought, the angels aren't killing all life for the sake of extinction. They are offering blood sacrifices in order to awaken the giant planetary angel. And the human instrumentality project is meant to collect all of the human souls into one collective being in order to use that power to control this giant angel. Boom... :wow: :nerd:

Man, this series brings out the crazy in me sometimes. :lol:

Does it look like Yui is the dog owner? Or is that just me. /SPOILER]

Back
Top Bottom