The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Makes complete sense. She can withstand a giant explosion unharmed, but the scissor sword pops her eye open.
Also when she was punched really hard she coughs up cotton and can stand up to Kamuais without a suit.

Here is how the plot is gonna go
Matoi joins up with the devas and Satsuki to take down Satsuki's Mother for whatevr reason then Major 2 episode Versus finals.
End game is clear as day

My favorite moment of the last episode of KnK. :wow:

I couldn't help but to throw out an "awww" when I saw this. :lol:

are big 3 on break or is next week last week?
From MS:
Jump & The Holiday Schedule

Every year, Jump has 4 scheduled breaks. Though there can be irregular breaks, they are incredibly rare - iirc the last one was during the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami in 2011. Individual series can take a week (or more) off any time, usually because the mangaka need extra time for research or have health issues, but the entire magazine normally only goes on break when there are national holidays.

These are the approximate times, the specific dates are different every year, naturally.

Issue #04-05 -> third week of December
Issue #06-07 -> first week of January
Issue #22-23 -> last week of April
Issue #36-37 -> first week of August

As you can see, the issues all have a double number, hence why we call them double issues. We've tried explaining how this all works many times in the past, including drawing sketches and whatnot, but many some people still misunderstood what double issue means, so I figured I'd give it one more try here.

There's 52 weeks in a year and WSJ is a weekly series, hence every issue is labelled with a number. However, they don't correspond with the actual weeks of the year. WSJ's year begins in December. Don't ask me why. At the time of writing this, December 18th, we're already on Issue #4-5. Also, have you ever noticed how at the end of some monthly series, like Claymore, it says "To be continued in the March issue" or something along the lines? Well, the March issue is released sometime in early February and just covers the period until March.

In order to not break the naming pattern, the issues preceeding a holiday receive two numbers, covering for two weeks effectively, they are what we call double issues. Now, I know it may seem natural to assume that they also must contain two chapters of everything to 'make up' for the lack of Jump in the following week - but that is not so.

This is something that really bothers me when people complain about it. "Why don't they draw a 2nd chapter!" Because it's a lot of work, obviously. It's almost like asking why they don't just draw the whole story in one night and get over with it already. Why? Because they're 'only' human, and already work crazy hours. Because you can't force creativity, and because they also have a right to have some time off with their families. Most fans are completely understanding of this though, which is much appreciated. :smile:

So yeah, if it hasn't been clear yet - there's only one chapter in double issues, just like there's only one chapter in regular issues. Besides, if there really were two chapters of every series in Jump for those weeks, the already phone book like shape of the magazine would turn into something that could easily kill you if it fell on your head...

Now, let's see what to expect this year. Issue #04-05 was released today, meaning the following week there's usually no Jump. However, due to various circumstances, this rule doesn't always hold true during the Christmas holidays. In the past few years we usually got the next issue (#06-07) extra early, I personally expect it between December 26th and 28th, but take that as an educated guess, nothing's confirmed. If I remember correctly, issue #8 came out on January 15th last year, so there was quite a long break and it's likely to happen the same way this year again.

Finally, I'd just like to ask everyone to be patient. We have no influence on when chapters come out, but rest assured we always release them within hours after we receive them, even during the holidays. And about the long break, well, that's a yearly thing, unfortunately. Maybe we can collect a few great series as a community that we can recommend to others.

To summarize:
I think that there might be one next week, or there might not be. We'll just have to wait and see. :lol:

Last edited:
Kyousougiga "ended" today. I think this was the first show I have seen where i enjoyed it quite a bit while never really understanding what was going on. :lol:

Kyousougiga "ended" today. I think this was the first show I have seen where i enjoyed it quite a bit while never really understanding what was going on. :lol:

Haven't watched the finale yet, but I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one pleasantly confused the entire time :lol:

are big 3 on break or is next week last week?
From MS:
Jump & The Holiday Schedule

Every year, Jump has 4 scheduled breaks. Though there can be irregular breaks, they are incredibly rare - iirc the last one was during the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami in 2011. Individual series can take a week (or more) off any time, usually because the mangaka need extra time for research or have health issues, but the entire magazine normally only goes on break when there are national holidays.

These are the approximate times, the specific dates are different every year, naturally.

Issue #04-05 -> third week of December
Issue #06-07 -> first week of January
Issue #22-23 -> last week of April
Issue #36-37 -> first week of August

As you can see, the issues all have a double number, hence why we call them double issues. We've tried explaining how this all works many times in the past, including drawing sketches and whatnot, but many some people still misunderstood what double issue means, so I figured I'd give it one more try here.

There's 52 weeks in a year and WSJ is a weekly series, hence every issue is labelled with a number. However, they don't correspond with the actual weeks of the year. WSJ's year begins in December. Don't ask me why. At the time of writing this, December 18th, we're already on Issue #4-5. Also, have you ever noticed how at the end of some monthly series, like Claymore, it says "To be continued in the March issue" or something along the lines? Well, the March issue is released sometime in early February and just covers the period until March.

In order to not break the naming pattern, the issues preceeding a holiday receive two numbers, covering for two weeks effectively, they are what we call double issues. Now, I know it may seem natural to assume that they also must contain two chapters of everything to 'make up' for the lack of Jump in the following week - but that is not so.

This is something that really bothers me when people complain about it. "Why don't they draw a 2nd chapter!" Because it's a lot of work, obviously. It's almost like asking why they don't just draw the whole story in one night and get over with it already. Why? Because they're 'only' human, and already work crazy hours. Because you can't force creativity, and because they also have a right to have some time off with their families. Most fans are completely understanding of this though, which is much appreciated. :smile:

So yeah, if it hasn't been clear yet - there's only one chapter in double issues, just like there's only one chapter in regular issues. Besides, if there really were two chapters of every series in Jump for those weeks, the already phone book like shape of the magazine would turn into something that could easily kill you if it fell on your head...

Now, let's see what to expect this year. Issue #04-05 was released today, meaning the following week there's usually no Jump. However, due to various circumstances, this rule doesn't always hold true during the Christmas holidays. In the past few years we usually got the next issue (#06-07) extra early, I personally expect it between December 26th and 28th, but take that as an educated guess, nothing's confirmed. If I remember correctly, issue #8 came out on January 15th last year, so there was quite a long break and it's likely to happen the same way this year again.

Finally, I'd just like to ask everyone to be patient. We have no influence on when chapters come out, but rest assured we always release them within hours after we receive them, even during the holidays. And about the long break, well, that's a yearly thing, unfortunately. Maybe we can collect a few great series as a community that we can recommend to others.

To summarize:
I think that there might be one next week, or there might not be. We'll just have to wait and see. :lol:

interesting system. o well. this week will be full of activity so manga won't be on priority list anyways if it does come out. either way, sabo better be next issue :pimp:

Now that the last episode of Monogatari 2nd season is coming next week, I got to thinking about this season and realized that it has really thrown me for a loop. :lol:
Was the end of the Nadeko Medusa arc real? Did Nadeko really kill everyone off? There was so much happening this season that I have just begun to think it all through. :lol:

I really did NOT expect that development in Samurai Flamenco :lol:

Finally watched Kill La Kill too. Greatness as always :pimp:

Was it any good? I always saw the title and thought it sounded generic as hell :lol:

I liked it. Kind of cool story. Pretty gory if I'm not mistaken, it's got some likeable characters

Anyone mess with gintama? I just watched episode one and two wondering if I should get into it.

Also I don't think I've ever seen full metal alchemist in its totality. Nor trigun, am I missing out? Should I go back and watch?

I liked it. Kind of cool story. Pretty gory if I'm not mistaken, it's got some likeable characters

Anyone mess with gintama? I just watched episode one and two wondering if I should get into it.

Also I don't think I've ever seen full metal alchemist in its totality. Nor trigun, am I missing out? Should I go back and watch?
Remember Gintama was ranked in the top ten on Animecrazey.net and meant to check the anime out for the longest. Just havnt had time. Will check out Tokyo Majin sometime this week.

I'll check it out then :pimp:

I've had Gintama on my list of things to watch for the longest. I think I'll finally give that a watch too since a lot of this season's stuff is coming to a close.

I don't think I've ever watched Full Metal Alchemist to completion either, but I'm pretty sure the general consensus in here will be that you should go back :lol:

I love Trigun, so I'd definitely say you should see that through to the end as well.

Been meaning to watch Gintama as well :lol:
I think I'm gonna restart Monster again, it's been so long that I forgot where I left off

Anyone ever watch Shigurui, a favorite of mine. I truly enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Both are in my top 10 for animes so Yes lol. and make sure its fullmetal alchemist brotherhood youre watching. Other one was trash imo

Back
Top Bottom