The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I had a feeling that he purposefully wanted to juxtapose the innocent appearances of your stereotypical magical girl with the plot. Son is cold blooded for letting her happily design away while blissfully unaware though :lol:

Man, y'all will NOT accept this Jiraiya situation, huh? :rofl:
I wonder what her reaction was when Mami's "fight" happened with the witch in the anime series. :lol:

Also, Please let Jiraya rest in peace. He ain't comin back bros... :frown:
I mean come on, he was missing his left arm, had a crushed windpipe, was stabbed multiple times, and fell into the ocean. There's no coming back from that. :lol: :frown:

Also, there were ways to bring him back (check chapter 520) but they were shot down.

Jiraiya is dead guys. Let him go
mean.gif

and bleach..
wait riddle me this? I thought Zaraki's blade was already in Shikai......Wasn't it explained how his and Ichigos power level was so high that it forced their blades in to shikai and it always stayed that way?
Kenpachi also said his sword didn't have a name. The truth is he just didn't know his sword's name and didn't care.

Jiraiya's shoulders were definitely clapped too hard to bounce back like its all good.

Just finished Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Time for the movies
pimp.gif

Yo, on some real ****. From someone who was vehemently against the idea about watching an anime about middle school girls saving the world. If you value plots with depth, do yourself a favor and watch this. Seriously. You'll walk in apprehensive, and find yourself mind blown by the fifth episode. Do it. I don't know where I rank this yet, but I COMPLETELY understand why some regular members in this thread have it as their favorite anime of all time or at least their top 5's.

WATCH IT.
What type of anime is this and which anime is it most similar to?

Also what are some animes you rank this above?

As an outsider looking in, this anime looks wack.

I think I read that she cried and in true urobutcher fashion, he drank her tears and made the movie :lol:

Son, I'm dying :rofl: :rofl: I need to learn Japanese and go chill with him.

Alright, let's see:

If I had to categorize it, I'd say that it's a "Thriller", with some drama and psychological elements to it as well. It's a little hard to draw direct comparisons, but I would say that it's damn near as well written as something like Death Note. Without getting too deep, it's almost as grim as something like Attack on Titan. The action is actually pretty top-notch too when I think about it.

I'm the kind of person who watches so much anime and reads so many different manga (mainly the second part) that I honestly can barely remember what I've completed unless someone else mentions it. That's regardless of quality too, so I really couldn't give you a good list of my favorites, because only the better series out of the things I've read/watched recently would come to mind. I'm pretty sure I've seen you post some of your favorites and I recall liking most of them as well though.

Bruh, did I not already say that I felt the same way? :lol: It's only 12 episodes. Watch it. Trust me.

Last edited:
I'm the kind of person who watches so much anime and reads so many different manga (mainly the second part) that I honestly can barely remember what I've completed unless someone else mentions it.
I'm the same with manga. I read so much I sometimes struggle to remember some.

I've only met one person that's definitely read more manga than me.

Even if I factored in series I started but never completed he had me beat.

But he was a complete loser so I didn't even really care 
roll.gif

You ever read onani master Kurosawa? If you haven't I highly recommend it.

It's off-putting at first but then you start to get into the series and it's beautiful.

It's the main reason I didn't immediately dismiss this magical girls anime.

I'm the same with manga. I read so much I sometimes struggle to remember some.
I've only met one person that's definitely read more manga than me.
Even if I factored in series I started but never completed he had me beat.
But he was a complete loser so I didn't even really care  :rofl:
You ever read onani master Kurosawa? If you haven't I highly recommend it.
It's off-putting at first but then you start to get into the series and it's beautiful.
It's the main reason I didn't immediately dismiss this magical girls anime.

:lol: @ disqualifying my man's victory on the strength of him being a lame.

You know what's funny? I did read Onani Master Kurosawa. See? Another one I forgot about. If we're counting **** that we've started and didn't finish, then I'm pretty sure I could give both of you a run for your money. I'm super quick to stop reading a series if I get a few chapters in and the plot is weak/cliche.

Last edited:
I think I read that she cried and in true urobutcher fashion, he drank her tears and made the movie :lol:

Son, I'm dying :rofl: :rofl: I need to learn Japanese and go chill with him.

Alright, let's see:

If I had to categorize it, I'd say that it's a "Thriller", with some drama and psychological elements to it as well. It's a little hard to draw direct comparisons, but I would say that it's damn near as well written as something like Death Note. Without getting too deep, it's almost as grim as something like Attack on Titan. The action is actually pretty top-notch too when I think about it.

I'm the kind of person who watches so much anime and reads so many different manga (mainly the second part) that I honestly can barely remember what I've completed unless someone else mentions it. That's regardless of quality too, so I really couldn't give you a good list of my favorites, because only the better series out of the things I've read/watched recently would come to mind. I'm pretty sure I've seen you post some of your favorites and I recall liking most of them as well though.

Bruh, did I not already say that I felt the same way? :lol: It's only 12 episodes. Watch it. Trust me.
skeptical iyen is skeptical

Understandable skepticism is understandable. I mean, I've made my case, so the ball is in your court.

The same way I couldn't force this ___ delete1234 delete1234 to overlook the oddness of Kill La Kill, I can't force you to look past the off-putting fact that this series centers around some 8th grade girls. All I can say is that I feel like you won't regret taking the chance.

Last edited:

Understandable skepticism is understandable. I mean, I've made my case, so the ball is in your court.

The same way I couldn't force this ___ @MrWavez to overlook the oddness of Kill La Kill, I can't force you to look past the off-putting fact that this series centers around some 8th grade girls. All I can say is that I feel like you won't regret taking the chance.
I'll check it out.

We should get a must watch/read list in the thread. Just all the undeniably good ****.

No way would i have found Kill la Kill without being in this thread.

Top 10 as of late

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

3. Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Steins;Gate

6. Kill La Kill

7. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai

8. Hajime No Ippo

9. FLCL

10. Samurai Champloo

Not gonna lie the **** without English words in the title make me nervous :wow:

I'ma check some of these out though so hespeck brah :smokin

I want to check out gurren lagann and black lagoon after i'm finished with madoka magica. I'm 3 episodes in,so far so good and its animated very well 
smokin.gif

Jiraiya is dead guys. Let him go :smh:
Kenpachi also said his sword didn't have a name. The truth is he just didn't know his sword's name and didn't care.

he said he didn't care about naming swords. he never even tried to . all he loved doing was fighting.

I've been slacking on anime. What was good last season that I should go back and watch and what's supposed to be good this season? Hopefully I can get back into watching new stuff during the summer or something.

I've been reading manga a lot more recently just because I feel like it's less time consuming, but the selection is so vast I never know what to read next, so if any of you have suggestions there I'd appreciate those too.

I've been slacking on anime. What was good last season that I should go back and watch and what's supposed to be good this season? Hopefully I can get back into watching new stuff during the summer or something.

I've been reading manga a lot more recently just because I feel like it's less time consuming, but the selection is so vast I never know what to read next, so if any of you have suggestions there I'd appreciate those too.

Last season it was about Samurai Flamenco, Golden Time, Kill la Kill and Nagi no Asukara

Last season it was about Samurai Flamenco, Golden Time, Kill la Kill and Nagi no Asukara
Alright thanks. I finally finished Kill la Kill last weekend, so I'll start one of those either this weekend or when I finish the 1st part of Jojo's bizarre adventure.

My favorite new anime include:

- The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
- Chaika –The Coffin Princess-
- Witch Craft Works

For this current season, I'm watching Mekaku City Actors, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Akuma no Riddle, The Irregular at Magic High School, Ping Pong: The Animation and JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders.

Mekaku City Actors and Stardust Crusaders I'd definitely recommend, but the other shows are getting the 3 episode rule from me.

We should get a must watch/read list in the thread. Just all the undeniably good ****.

No way would i have found Kill la Kill without being in this thread.

• Steins;Gate (& movie)
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica (& movies)
  • Fate/Zero
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (& movies)
  • Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan (& the final battle of the second movie)
  • Hataraku Maou Sama!
  • Mirai Nikki
  • High School of the Dead :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Psycho-Pass
  • Redline
  • Kill La Kill
  • Attack On Titan
  • The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (only if you're willing to watch the whole Melonchaly of Haruhi Suzumiya series beforehand. The movie may be one of the absolute best anime movies I've ever seen though.)
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • The Daily Lives of High School Boys

Back
Top Bottom