The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I just watched like 5 min of the second episode I think? The one where they are on the plane trying to kill a killer bug :lol: weird to say the least
If you havent already, you need to start from the beginning (1st arc). The show is great. :lol:

Yeah I just picked a random episode and skimmed thru it. I don't think it's for me though. I might decide to give it a try later though,

Is there any good anime/manga that come out on Monday and Tuesday or Friday?

Was trying to read/watch something every day of the week :lol:

Yeah I just picked a random episode and skimmed thru it. I don't think it's for me though. I might decide to give it a try later though,

Is there any good anime/manga that come out on Monday and Tuesday or Friday?

Was trying to read/watch something every day of the week
laugh.gif
Go back a read Vagabond. You'll catch up quick and it's a monthly release, but you'll love it, especially since you like swordsmen. It's about the Samurai Musashi Miamoto, and when it comes back in June it should be entering its last arc.

Noblesse also releases on Mondays. You could check for Tower of God as well, it releases Sunday usually. The God of High School is a thursday/friday release. 

I'll let you know if I think of other series

Ive just been going back and reading series I've heard were good or completed series. I've been watching less anime for some reason tho. 

is Vagabond character heavy? may have to check it out 
It focuses mainly on Musashi, but part way through it introduces Sasaki Kojiro, who is the 2nd swordsman who gets a lot of focus and one who Musashi is really interested in. He's a deaf swordsman. Other than that the other main character is Matahatchi, but he's more a main character due to his relationship with Musashi. Character's come and go arc to arc as he travels and there's a few recurring characters, but you'll never get lost due to having to remember a bunch of them at a time. The important characters usually get in-depth analysis and you spend a good deal of time with them. 

is Vagabond character heavy? may have to check it out 
It focuses mainly on Musashi, but part way through it introduces Sasaki Kojiro, who is the 2nd swordsman who gets a lot of focus and one who Musashi is really interested in. He's a deaf swordsman. Other than that the other main character is Matahatchi, but he's more a main character due to his relationship with Musashi. Character's come and go arc to arc as he travels and there's a few recurring characters, but you'll never get lost due to having to remember a bunch of them at a time. The important characters usually get in-depth analysis and you spend a good deal of time with them. 
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. Been reading/watching too much stuff that introduces 100 different characters in 49 chapters 
mean.gif
laugh.gif
. I'm going to pick it up after I finish these last 12 chapters of Terra Formars

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. Been reading/watching too much stuff that introduces 100 different characters in 49 chapters 
mean.gif
laugh.gif
. I'm going to pick it up after I finish these last 12 chapters of Terra Formars
How is Terra Formars? what's it about?

mean.gif
laugh.gif
How is Terra Formars? what's it about?
Short version is Humans want to move to mars. Send algae and roaches to heat up the planet. Roaches evolve and put a huge wrench in human's plans. I like it so far. Good explanations of powers, artwork reminds me of Tough, people dying left and right like AOT.

Short version is Humans want to move to mars. Send algae and roaches to heat up the planet. Roaches evolve and put a huge wrench in human's plans. I like it so far. Good explanations of powers, artwork reminds me of Tough, people dying left and right like AOT.
I'll check it out after I finish Pluto. I just recently finished Bakuman and near the end of the characters said he could write a really interesting manga on Space Roaches, but wasn't going to cause he wanted to make something really popular. The description of Terra Formars reminded me of that. 

Is there anywhere to read all the chapters of Tough online? MH stopped posting chapters for a while and now there's a huge gap between the last chapter I read and whats available on there now 
ohwell.gif

That's one of the best explanations of TerraFormars I've ever seen, repped, good stuff man :lol:

It usually takes people like a whole paragraph to explain TF simply

Has anyone ever watched reviews from this dude.
He's actually really cool to listen to. his Kill la kill review was spot on in my eyes. but I know a lot of people love kill la kill and i did as well, but at times. he gets in to it. (and other mangas on his channel)

Last edited:

Started reading this because of this. I like it so far, something different.

so let me get this straight.
(Fairy Tail)
Not only can Lucy now fight with a whip (where the hell did that come from??)
but is this the FIRST time they've explained that opening gates takes up a lot of magical power for her.
Because as i recall she's had open 2-3 at a time, and that was NEVER established.
I mean we knew it takes magical power but it was never explained if it was truly taxing on her the way it seems to be now. .and since when did certain celestial signs be a different burden on her. ...

I think I may truly be done with fairy tail now.
Plot no Jutsu
ruining arcs with the same people winning.

so let me get this straight.
(Fairy Tail)
Not only can Lucy now fight with a whip (where the hell did that come from??)
but is this the FIRST time they've explained that opening gates takes up a lot of magical power for her.
Because as i recall she's had open 2-3 at a time, and that was NEVER established.
I mean we knew it takes magical power but it was never explained if it was truly taxing on her the way it seems to be now. .and since when did certain celestial signs be a different burden on her. ...

I think I may truly be done with fairy tail now.
Plot no Jutsu
ruining arcs with the same people winning.

:rofl: don't try to make sense of it famb, just enjoy the fights. She used that water canister (whip) thing once or twice before but it's not like anybody's hand-to-hand skills is working outside of natsu. The gates got touched on a couple times too, they kinda made a thing out it when she could open 2 at once but they usually tag out. But yeah, I agree there is no way she should this fight.

:rofl: don't try to make sense of it famb, just enjoy the fights. She used that water canister (whip) thing once or twice before but it's not like anybody's hand-to-hand skills is working outside of natsu. The gates got touched on a couple times too, they kinda made a thing out it when she could open 2 at once but they usually tag out. But yeah, I agree there is no way she should this fight.

i know she switches them out, but there was never a reason why.
we've seen leo out there before with others.
Virgo as well

lol I do enjoy the fights but i think i'll let an arc finish now before i continue it again. I can't stand the constant WTF every week

Virgo as well

lol I do enjoy the fights but i think i'll let an arc finish now before i continue it again. I can't stand the constant WTF every week
I was wondering if I was the only one confused by the whole situation. It came out of nowhere and I was like am I missing something and read the chapter three times to try and make sense of it.

I know they touched on how if she gets more magic power she can open more gates, but how do you add new rules? Before the spirits were coming out on their own and chilling and it never bothered her. Now it also makes her physically weak to open gates, and different zodiacs drain magic faster now? I remember she had gotten that whip, but now all of a sudden she's good at using it and can do CQC?

Why did the whole pace of the arc change the past few chapters and any attempts to have a well written and consistent story were thrown away?

Virgo as well

I was wondering if I was the only one confused by the whole situation. It came out of nowhere and I was like am I missing something and read the chapter three times to try and make sense of it.

I know they touched on how if she gets more magic power she can open more gates, but how do you add new rules? Before the spirits were coming out on their own and chilling and it never bothered her. Now it also makes her physically weak to open gates, and different zodiacs drain magic faster now? I remember she had gotten that whip, but now all of a sudden she's good at using it and can do CQC?

Why did the whole pace of the arc change the past few chapters and any attempts to have a well written and consistent story were thrown away?
This is like the third time **** hit the fan this arc where the guild SHOULD NOT recover from it and he's going to quickly and poorly draw them out of this unsurmountable hole.

not to mention the town just got crapped on too, with that portion of the cathedral/town getting wiped out I bet there wasn't one single bystander injured. FT and OP are polar opposites at this point with how arcs are handled. OP is complete controlled chaos while FT tries to one-up the chaos and just od on nakama no jutsu. Damn shame cause this manga could really be amazing with how he builds the arcs.

Last edited:

This is like the third time **** hit the fan this arc where the guild SHOULD NOT recover from it and he's going to quickly and poorly draw them out of this unsurmountable hole.

not to mention the town just got crapped on too, with that portion of the cathedral/town getting wiped out I bet there wasn't one single bystander injured. FT and OP are polar opposites at this point with how arcs are handled. OP is complete controlled chaos while FT tries to one-up the chaos and just od on nakama no jutsu. Damn shame cause this manga could really be amazing with how he builds the arcs.
Yeah it's why I can never recommend Fairy tail to anyone, cause each arc leaves you disappointed. The premise of each arc is usually really good and interesting but it falls apart in the middle or near the end and you're like WTF happened. I think this was the first time in the arc he tried to use a cliffhanger on whether or not a character would be okay in a dangerous situation, but we all know Lucy's spirits aren't gonna drain her dry. I should have stuck with just the anime so then I could at least be distracted by seeing the fights in action. 

The episode of One Piece tonight was poor.

Detective Conan had a great chapter, so there's that, but all the black organization arcs in DC are usually great.

Like we're getting demon leveled characters (who are supposedly greater than the god slayers (which got worked by Noku, i mean Natsu.)
and fairy tail (well the essential memebers are almost outshining them.

Wendy finally hitting the dragon mode or whaterever was understandable. (or well deserved i should say)
but now Lucy using the whip like a pro. Where was that whip when they first started fighting?
like you said OP is that controlled chaos.
FT is chaos that he's not ready to explain or never gave background to

Like we're getting demon leveled characters (who are supposedly greater than the god slayers (which got worked by Noku, i mean Natsu.)
and fairy tail (well the essential memebers are almost outshining them.

Wendy finally hitting the dragon mode or whaterever was understandable. (or well deserved i should say)
but now Lucy using the whip like a pro. Where was that whip when they first started fighting?
like you said OP is that controlled chaos.
FT is chaos that he's not ready to explain or never gave background to
Man this whole arc seems so unplanned looking back on it. He finds a way to get Laxus sidelined at the beginning of the arc, then it turns out not mattering cause the whole guild vanishes for some partially explained reason.

I had no problems with the Wendy thing. She's been gradually getting stronger and she's been learning from Natsu, so it made sense. It might be the only thing that made sense, since the demons were introduced. 

I think Lucy's only used the whip 1 or 2 other times and didn't do much with it.

Earlier in OP i thought Oda might have written himself into a corner because of how Chaotic the arc's been, but he's handled it perfectly, for the most part.

Man this whole arc seems so unplanned looking back on it. He finds a way to get Laxus sidelined at the beginning of the arc, then it turns out not mattering cause the whole guild vanishes for some partially explained reason.

I had no problems with the Wendy thing. She's been gradually getting stronger and she's been learning from Natsu, so it made sense. It might be the only thing that made sense, since the demons were introduced. 

I think Lucy's only used the whip 1 or 2 other times and didn't do much with it.

Earlier in OP i thought Oda might have written himself into a corner because of how Chaotic the arc's been, but he's handled it perfectly, for the most part.

I thought that about OP during the Marineford arc and shabody arc i was sitting here and being like. whoa way to many people being introduced (prison arc also.)

but he pulls them all together suepr well and doesnt spend to much time on stuff

http://cosplay.kotaku.com/fan-builds-real-working-attack-on-titan-swords-1573773153
[h1]Fan Builds Real, Working Attack On Titan Swords[/h1]
lyyfnovr9yxbuxl3mnrs.jpg

Yes, they actually work! Not just the cutting blade, but the blade replacement triggers as well.

It's not until you see the progress and interior shots that you realise how much work went into these things.

If you want one of your own - and wherever you live would actually let this get sent through the mail - creator TKTK is taking orders.

フルメタル立体機動装置 完成(動画あり)[Joshualawn, via neatorama]

gcrj4sh6iojbvbqryzhy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom