The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I just want to know what Ywach was really after. For Bleach to just all of sudden end, with all the questions that are now left unanswered, there had to be some serious **** going on behind the scenes. They announcing a live movie but no sequel/spin-off? Even, with how ****** Naruto ended we at least knew what Madara and Obito wanted.

Something's up, stay woke.

They're definitely going the boruto route it looks like. They did say the chapter before last that something new was coming or along those lines, right?

Bleach used to be my favorite up through the Ulquiorra fight. After that they dragged on the fake karakuta town arc & rushed the final fight fight with Aizen. Plus they made the top 3 espadas look too weak after making Ulquiorra seem so strong

I'm watching a series now called Reborn. It seems interesting and kinda funny, but it's too campy for a series about the mafia. Does anyone know if the tone changes later? I'm on eps 3.

Edit: Just realizing now that there are 8 seasons of this ****....where have I been

Last edited:
I didnt know he was talking about hitman reborn.
Has the same trouble fairy tail has but i love the charachters

I just want to know what Ywach was really after. For Bleach to just all of sudden end, with all the questions that are now left unanswered, there had to be some serious **** going on behind the scenes. They announcing a live movie but no sequel/spin-off? Even, with how ****** Naruto ended we at least knew what Madara and Obito wanted.

Something's up, stay woke.

They're definitely going the boruto route it looks like. They did say the chapter before last that something new was coming or along those lines, right?
The issue with bleach is that it's not selling nearly as well as it did in the past and not enough books for them to think about doing a spin off. Kubo basically got told to wrap it up

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2016/.102636

It's at the 22 spot

Last edited:
I'm watching a series now called Reborn. It seems interesting and kinda funny, but it's too campy for a series about the mafia. Does anyone know if the tone changes later? I'm on eps 3.

Edit: Just realizing now that there are 8 seasons of this ****....where have I been
Reborn started as a comedy series, and then when it's ranking in JUMP was low  switched to an action series. So the tone changes to accompany that shift. The characters are good except for the main character. Dude has to be one of my least favorite main characters ever

So now that bleach is done what shonen jump title is gonna takes its place in "the big three" it used to be naruto bleach and one piece but when naruto finished my hero academia aorta took that spot so I wonder what the next title they'll push in bleach space?
Toriko?
Shokugeki?
Black clover?
World trigger?
Toriko and food wars seem the most likely imo

Last edited:
As bad as Naruto and bleach became before the ended I will really miss that type of anime. You gotta appreciate the character designs and powers etc. out of all the animes and mangas Ive read very very very few have dope character designs and powers like those. My hero academia is really the only one lately that I've seen be able to be just as unique and creative while at the same time being dope as ****.

OP bleach and Naruto are really one of a kind

Shokugeki!!!

Lol mr.wavez you really need to step away from that jump shonen bubble. There are hundreds of manga with either equal or better story lines and charachter designs than bleach and naruto.

I like all 3 dont get me wrong but only OP out of the big 3 is even in my top 3

Last edited:
So now that bleach is done what shone not jump title is gonna takes its place in "the big three" it used to be naruto bleach and one piece but when naruto finished my hero academia aorta took that spot so I wonder what the next title they'll push in bleach space?
Toriko?
Shokugeki?
Black clover?
World trigger?
Ill say World Trigger but others are not a fan of the show

So now that bleach is done what shone not jump title is gonna takes its place in "the big three" it used to be naruto bleach and one piece but when naruto finished my hero academia aorta took that spot so I wonder what the next title they'll push in bleach space?
Toriko?
Shokugeki?
Black clover?
World trigger?
Well Bleach hasn't been in the big 3 in years. But now it's more or less

One Piece
Assasination Classroom
Haikyuu

But since I'm guessing you mean strictly action shounen series. It's

One piece
One punch man
My hero academia

Last edited:
Shokugeki!!!

Lol mr.wavez you really need to step away from that jump shonen bubble. There are hundreds of manga with either equal or better story lines and charachter designs than bleach and naruto.

I like all 3 dont get me wrong but only OP out of the big 3 is even in my top 3

Like what bro? I watch a lot of other anime. The bleach and Naruto story line is meh overall but the character designs and top notch.

Bleach powers>>>>>>
I think the zanpaktou thing was one of the dopest things I've ever seen in an anime...with the bankai, shikai etc. just well thought out. Just the way the characters are drawn is lit. And then they're shinigami so that's dope as well.

Toriko is one of my favorites, but it looks like its in it final arc right now, so I doubt it will move into the big 3.

Last edited:

One Piece
Assasination Classroom
Haikyuu

One piece
One punch man
My hero academia

Well I'm not talking strictly action ,when I say big three I mean shonen jumps regular cover boys more or less For years almost every cover has been naruto ichigo and luffy I wanna say *** class took bleach's cover space for awhile but now that it's finished too I'm curious what'll be pushed next

well thought out with the Zanpaktous but not well utilized after SS arc. They completely fracked up a lot of them.

told us 2 stories about Zarakis it was a mess.

even character design tho i love how there were a ton of characters to know and love (in almost any shonen manga) but not enough focus on other characters which was sad.

Naruto had a dip in quality story, but it was still better reading that weekly during its last year than it was for bleach.

i honestly cant even remember the bleach chapter where i was like... yea it's about to get LIT.... POSSIBLY when zangetsu finally met hollow ichigo.. but even then it didn't turn out the way I had hoped.

even HM arc's characters were cool but showing there powers was stupid.

Copy cat zaraki was stupid. copy cat mad scientist was stupid. mis used Stark and the dead king guy. they gave Halibel a bit of justice so that was coo.
making ULQ look like a devil ...meh.

the more i think about it the madder i get knowing i wasted time reading bleach and mad i even considered it still a part of big 3 even after SS arc.

One Piece
Assasination Classroom
Haikyuu

One piece
One punch man
My hero academia

Well I'm not talking strictly action ,when I say big three I mean shonen jumps regular cover boys more or less For years almost every cover has been naruto ichigo and luffy I wanna say *** class took bleach's cover space for awhile but now that it's finished too I'm curious what'll be pushed next
I would've said MHA but that's seemed to lose a lot of steam. So I'm interested to see what they do with it going forward

I can't name you any chapters cuz I watched the anime of bleach mostly in the beginning. I think I started reading after SS arc.

But I remember plenty of lit episodes!

The one where Ichigo breaks rukia out of the execution stand and confronts byakuya while talking down those three vice captains with ease :x :x one of the best bleach scenes

Ichigo vs renji pt 1 and 2 :pimp:

Ishida vs mayuri :x one of the most lit fights I was salty as hell he didn't get to kill him.

Ichigo va grimjoww cmon we all know that's one of the goats

When shinji goes to save hiyori and the other vizards from getting transformed and ends up getting transformed himself. Best flashback for real

Renji vs byakuya :x :frown:

Man there was plentyyyyyyyyy lit scenes in bleach, and y'all know I talk trash about bleach any chance I get

So now that bleach is done what shonen jump title is gonna takes its place in "the big three" it used to be naruto bleach and one piece but when naruto finished my hero academia aorta took that spot so I wonder what the next title they'll push in bleach space?
Toriko?
Shokugeki?
Black clover?
World trigger?

Toriko is really good. I actually look forward to reading new Toriko chapters than any other manga right now

Don't get me wrong. Rescue rukia arc (main part of SS arc) may be one of the best arcs in Manga/anime history. Everything about it was LIT. Just everything after was meh.
Hm could've been soooo much better.. but all those transformations were trash except halibel

Toriko?
Shokugeki?
Black clover?
World trigger?
I believe Toriko will be ending soon, so I wouldn't include that one. Shokugeki and Haikyuu are some of my favorites, in terms of popular jump series. Look at the author comments and rankings and see what is consistently coming in the top 3 and you'll see what the next big series could be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom