The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

1) So FUG needs an Irregular to kill Jahad, because when Jahad became king of the tower he made a contract with the guardians that doesn't allow regulars and rankers to kill him. Basically all the heads of the were given immortality by a guardian during they're climb since they were there first people to ever enter the tower. However 1, the head of the Hendo family was cursed, as the guardian didn't want to give him immortality, unless he decided that all his descendants and their children would have shortened lifespans, which he agreed to.

Baam as in irregular is not bound by the rules of the tower, remember. So he can kill Jahad. That's why FUG wanted to use him or during the workshop battle melt him into the thorn so they could have a weapon with the power of an irregular. 

Now remember there are only 5 irregulars in the tower, Baam, Rachel, Enryuu, Urek, and Phantanium. Phantanium being the strongest being in the tower. He's not active, but when he first came into the tower and reached the 134th floor that Jahad rules, he killed a bunch of the Jahad rankers and destroyed the castle before leaving. Rumor is Headon's been searching for Enryuu but can't find him. Rachel wasn't chosen by the tower, but fell in as Baam pushed the doors open, so she doesn't have any special gifts and is weak. 

Fug wants Baam at first, just due to his irregular status, but realize he is super gifted. Plus most of the higher ups believe he died on the floor of tests, so they're not aware of an irregular roaming the tower giving FUG the element of surprise with Baam.

2) We don't know much about Wangnan other than that Hwa Ryun called him the worst mistake of the 10 families and that he carries a Jahad ring. The only other character we've seen with such a ring is Karaka. Theories right now is that one of them could be the Prince of Jahad, but nothing is for sure. We also know Baam's cave that he was locked in had the Jahad symbol making it possible he has some connection to Jahad as well.

3) The floor guardians require regulars to make contracts with them in order to use Shinsoo. The ones who don't are members of the 10 families, because they're grandfathered in by the contracts their family heads made and irregulars. The floor of test guardian mentions that Baam making a contract with him is like shackles, we don't know why, but if the crown game is any hint, the shinsoo seems to move to protect Baam on it's own if there's not contract. The guardians are the rulers of the shinsoo on the floor, which is why they require the contract. It's just a system that was in place before anyone even entered the tower. The guardians were thought to be the gods of the tower until Enryuu killed one on the 43rd floor. The guardians can make other contracts outside of just Shinsoo use, which is how the family heads got immortality by making additional contracts and Jahad made a special contract so that no one in the tower is allowed to kill him, except as mention irregulars, who do not have to abide by the rules, because the tower itself chose them, not Headon.

4) Karaka is one of FUG's full fledge slayers, so he is considered a God within the organization. He was also mentioned by Ha Jinsung, Baam and Karaka's teacher, and one of the top 100 people in the tower that Karaka is climbing the ranks quickly. This coupled with a splinter within FUG siding with him, he has a lot of power in FUG. There are 11 slayer positions in total, 5 of the slayers are "missing", the 2 active slayers are Karaka and the founder of FUG Grace Mirchia Luslec, and then 4 open spots. We now know White is one of the missing slayers, as is Yama who has sided with Karaka. So while Luslec wants Baam alive and is the most powerful person in FUG, Karaka in theory would be the one of the more powerful people in FUG.

5) Urek has taken an interest in Baam and Baam has taken an interest in Baam, so it would make sense for Urek to come back, especially once they get to the 77th floor, which is the floor Urek owns. He got the floor by passing Arie Hon's special test. It is where he headquarters Wolhaiksong. He also will probably be pretty instrumental in the story either from the 77th floor up or after Baam becomes a ranker, as Urek is the only active irregular in the tower besides Baam and Rachel. Plus Urek is friends with Yuri, so we may see him sooner if she sticks around. Either way he has a role to play. 

6) Kaiser may have a contract with the guardian and is being forced to stay on the floor by the 10 families, since they use that floor to dispose of threats and people they dislike. Otherwise Lero-ro, the guy who looks like Pikachu, said that once people in the tower learn to control Shinsoo, it slows their aging and can allow them to gain eternal youth, control over the elements, immortality,etc. it's basically limitless, which is how everyone in the tower is so old, for example Anak and Androssi are both estimated to be around 300 and Yuri being 500. It is also why Urek climbing the tower in only 50 year is considered extremely fast. Shinsoo  can even be used for food supremely talented Shinsoo users like Enryuu are said to be able to create life using Shinsoo. So those climbing the tower are able to live so long due to Shinsoo, except for those in the Hendo family, who only live 100 or so years the remaining life span is transferred to the family head, due to his immortality contract with the guardian of the 100th floor. 
Makes sense makes sense thanks

DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A NEW MAGI SERIES OUT.

BINGE WATCHED THE WHOLE THING THE PAST FEW DAYS. VERY GOOD.
u talking bout the adventures of sinbad one? if so, i binged it too. and it was cool, but this is my first magi series. the story feels unfinished, is this how each season of magi usually goes?

DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A NEW MAGI SERIES OUT.

BINGE WATCHED THE WHOLE THING THE PAST FEW DAYS. VERY GOOD.
u talking bout the adventures of sinbad one? if so, i binged it too. and it was cool, but this is my first magi series. the story feels unfinished, is this how each season of magi usually goes?

YEA THE SINBAD ONE IS THE THIRD SERIES. IM ASSUMING THIS SERIES IS A MULTI PART. YOU SHOULD WATCH THE FIRST TWO SERIES. THANK ME LATER :smile:

ANYONE WATCHING FINAL FANTASY BROTHERHOOD? BOUT TO START IT
Brotherhood is cool. All it is is backstory for the characters in the game and why they are with the main Protag. Funny thing is that it still has more story than most of what's out right now. :lol:
What I really want to see is Kingsglaive, but ll the theaters in Cali are just a bit too far for me to go... :lol:

Since there's been a lot of bleach talk, here's a video chronicling the fall of bleach

Goes into the daily routines of manga authors, editors interfering etc

Essentially this guys argument is that Kubo was mainly the guy with badass art and kinda stumbled upon a great story for the first few arcs. Then as time went on, his deficiencies as a story teller started to show. Couple that with short deadlines, and arcs start to repeat themselves, the artwork declines and readers check out

Also it randomly explains the title. Something I never knew

Last edited:
Since there's been a lot of bleach talk, here's a video chronicling the fall of bleach
Goes into the daily routines of manga authors, editors interfering etc

This video was great, and absolutely accurate. It's pretty a combination of what we all have been saying in here the past week, with the addition that i iddn't think about before. but the main thing that makes most shonen great (or any story in general whether it be a real book or comic) is the Main characters motivation of why he's doing what he's doing.

All we got from Ichigo is that he wanted to protect his friends. He didnt like fighting but he didn't not like fighting which was a lazy explanation.

sucks it had to go down the way it went tos ee it from 3rd place for almost 4/5 years to last place in Jump this year is sad.
LOL i think it was discussed in here that only NT was crapping on Bleach after the HM arc (lol seems like everyone was)

Also didn't know Hueco was pronounced (Hu A -Co ) I was saying (Hu- so) lol

Also like i said a few post ago. SS Arc is easily the top 5 Arc of any manga / Anime in history.

It's funny because a lot of the things he mentioned I find also apply to One Piece but it's still insanely popular

I don't care for the main character, too many characters are introduced. It's gotten stale IMO. The world is interesting and the premise was always great but I checked out a long time ago

I can't agree with you there. OP may be a bit OVERwhelming, but certainly not doing anything that was mentioned in the video. Exact opposite IMO.

OP has been a constant progression each arc, when one person progresses everyone else progresses. the world is expansive everything is tied together very nicely.

Dressrossa was bunz and typical One Piece Syndrome

Straw Hats arrive on an island

lots of running around and useless, non plot-advancing comic dialogue

Villain is a douche

2-bit side characters are introduced by the dozen who likely will never hold any true plot relevance

Villain has a group of so-called elite fighters who are supposed to be the cream of the crop but all get washed

Flashback to show how much of a douche the villain is

Chopper is useless

Usopp is sawft the whole arc and then gets swole for one chapter

Zoro literally has no flaws and logically has all the right to challenge the main villain himself but never does

Luffy gets mad because some girl he just met got violated by the villain

Women cry because they're weak lesser beings

Villain boasts about this and that

Everybody believes in Luffy, the man who will be Pirate King

Luffy punches out the villain

Everybody on the island simultaneously has a massive party

Straw Hats leave

World Government and Marines harumph harumph what are we gonna do about this Straw Hat Luffy fella, he's becoming a real troublemaker

Yeah the worldbuilding is on point for OP tho, can't even knock that. And this Vinsmoke/Linlin arc is promising and Zou was good too.

Last edited:
tumblr_oc9vkfobfT1r0bjtfo1_540.png

even let you land in da neck booty

but you chose da purple head that's still probably not going to give you any play at da end :smh:

Last edited:
DressRosa was a set up arc, obviously and very needed.

I know you provided before this arc and alabasta were similar, but this was needed to flex the new world powers. whether it was the same formula or not. the story was still deep and intense. pulling a lot of history for characters. great side stories. so same formula different story still amazing and dynamic.

we also got a lot more inside to powers and how they're used.

Dressrosa is like two arcs in one the coliseum and the birdcage but it's problem like a lot of manga arcs in general is week to week reading Long arcs like dressrosa is better on a read through than a week to week basis it's fun to see these cool new side characters fight but if that's all we get that week it can feel like there was no story progression if that makes sense

After this last ep of Re;Zero, Subarus unconditional love for Emilia is just making less and less sense. After seeing how Crusch just rallied the troops and put an end to the white whale, he still thinks that Emilia who has no real accomplishments should be ruler. Thats just not good story telling. He's come across the best girl in Rem and most qualified roller in Crusch, yet he still thinks Emilia is better somehow

After this last ep of Re;Zero, Subarus unconditional love for Emilia is just making less and less sense. After seeing how Crusch just rallied the troops and put an end to the white whale, he still thinks that Emilia who has no real accomplishments should be ruler. Thats just not good story telling. He's come across the best girl in Rem and most qualified roller in Crusch, yet he still thinks Emilia is better somehow
I forgot all about Emilia since this whole whale hunt started the more interesting love triangle is Subaru, rem, and the dragon,

About to Jump on this Mob Psycho wave

Re:Zero
If I ever see you in these streets Subaru you still finna run me my one!

Also didn't know Hueco was pronounced (Hu A -Co ) I was saying (Hu- so) lol

Fam, what? :lol:

Do you even Spanish?

After this last ep of Re;Zero, Subarus unconditional love for Emilia is just making less and less sense. After seeing how Crusch just rallied the troops and put an end to the white whale, he still thinks that Emilia who has no real accomplishments should be ruler. Thats just not good story telling.

To be fair, he's more or less acknowledged how irrational his passion is :lol:

I thought that him looking qualified leadership in the eye and still riding for his infatuation was ridiculous too, but I guess it would be understandable for him to place his feelings for her over the well-being of a kingdom he pretty much fell into by chance though.

ANYONE WATCHING FINAL FANTASY BROTHERHOOD? BOUT TO START IT
Brotherhood is cool. All it is is backstory for the characters in the game and why they are with the main Protag. Funny thing is that it still has more story than most of what's out right now. :lol:
What I really want to see is Kingsglaive, but ll the theaters in Cali are just a bit too far for me to go... :lol:

I'M ACTUALLY SURPRISED THERE IS NOT A REGULAR FINAL FANTASY ANIME SERIES. IT SEEMS LIKE THE PERFECT FRANCHISE TO HAVE A DEDICATED ANIME.

but you chose da purple head that's still probably not going to give you any play at da end :smh:

THIS.

MORE THIS.

I HONESTLY DON'T GET HIS PROBLEM. WAS IT EVER EXPLAINED OR SHOWN WHY HE IS SO RIDE OR DIE FOR EMILIA EVEN THOUGH THOSE FEELINGS PROB AREN'T MUTUAL?

EACH EPISODE THEY SEEM TO MAKE EMILIA LESS QUALIFIED TO BE LOVER OR RULER :lol:

I HAVE NEVER HATED A MAIN CHARACTER MORE THAN I'VE HATED SUBARU, THOUGH EREN AND NARUTO ARE VERY CLOSE.

Last edited:

THIS.

MORE THIS.

I HONESTLY DON'T GET HIS PROBLEM. WAS IT EVER EXPLAINED OR SHOWN WHY HE IS SO RIDE OR DIE FOR EMILIA EVEN THOUGH THOSE FEELINGS PROB AREN'T MUTUAL?

EACH EPISODE THEY SEEM TO MAKE EMILIA LESS QUALIFIED TO BE LOVER OR RULER :lol:

I HAVE NEVER HATED A MAIN CHARACTER MORE THAN I'VE HATED SUBARU, THOUGH EREN AND NARUTO ARE VERY CLOSE.
Nope. Besides she's the first girl he meets

The real reason is that the author likely has plans for Emilia on the future since she is seemingly like the witch, but he has no idea what to do with her in he time being. So he can't completely disregard her. So Subaru has a confusing obsession with her that's never really explained, but he can't move on from her. Making her irrelevant

Ima need meliodas to stay dead a couple more weeks so we can see more of escanor flourish

Ima need meliodas to stay dead a couple more weeks so we can see more of escanor flourish
He has to save his Bae though. :lol:
I'm happy to see him again. But now I want to know if Elizabeth is a descendant of the goddess clan, or they just trained her in those powers. And I still want to know what clans Merlin and Escanor belong to.

MOB PSYCHO IS PRETTY DAMN FUNNY. ONE IS PRETTY GOOD AT FUNNY AND SATIRICAL ANIMES WITH ONE PUNCH MAN AND NOW MOB PSYCHO, THOUGH I MUST SAY, MOB IS PRETTY MUCH SAITAMA AND TENGA IS METAL BAT :lol:

Back
Top Bottom