The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Tower of God
So the 10th great family is the Lo Po Bia family. I wonder why SIU decided to hold out on confirming this when Ren from the Lo Po Bia family was introduced back on the floor of tests. 
It would be interesting if Ren was the boy the main family used to trick Kaiser. He is considered to be a genius in the family as well. He then climbs the tower and gets his position in RED due to his help catching an "unworthy princess". 

I'm realizing Jyu Viole Grace actually probably has a terrible reputation in the tower. I mean people fear him because he's a FUG slayer candidate, but as a candidate, he has no major feats we know of that are spread through the tower. People know him for failing at the workshop battle and running when having to face Mad Dog there. Obviously we know differently but in the story that's the perception. Turning down 1 on 1 fights against top regulars during floor fights, etc. He's probably seen as a bully who takes out weak regulars and just has FUG's support. Then Baam himself has no reputation in the tower, either.

So we know that Baam can learn special skills, unless they are 10 family specific skills, like Ran's lightning. Baam was able to become a Wonsula after fighting mule love on floor 20 and was able how to use Daniel's necromancer skill. I wonder if this arc he learns how to become and animu. I really want him to start developing his own fighting style and skills, maybe one that combines aspects of the different things he's copied. 

Also, I hope this arc forces Baam into some tough choices regarding Kaiser, Androssi, and his own goals. I think it's also starting to frame his views of how the 10 families and how they operate in the tower, giving him a more unique perspective. One that has him considering FUG's point of view. Right now he seems to be leaning towards joining Wolhaiksong, Urek's group, as we know he's wearing his Wolhaiksong shoes. I think one of the most interesting aspects will be seeing how Baam's views and perspectives change as he progresses through the tower as he came in as a completely blank slate, with Rachel being the only person who had the opportunity to leave any mark before now, and we know how terrible a person she is. 

I feel like Kaiser is gonna fall for Baam. My mans already juggling yuri and androssi. What's another princess level girl?

I feel like Kaiser is gonna fall for Baam. My mans already juggling yuri and androssi. What's another princess level girl?
He's also got Ewha from the Yeon family. He's just gonna collect a girl from each of the 10 families, although Idk what Androssi's family ties are from before she was made a princess.

seven deadly sins: kinda wanted to see what she was gonna do but it's fine

Tokyo ghoul: this is the fight I was most waiting for

My hero: so we got two new guys one for Bakugo and one for deku

One piece : "every fight all I know is to go all out"

so no one can explain bleach final chapter? it made that little sense? 
laugh.gif

so no one can explain bleach final chapter? it made that little sense? :lol:
the way I see it, there's too much missing to try to make a coherent explanation. It honestly left me with more questions than answers. All I want to know from the last chapter is if Chad wins the boxing title or not. :lol:

Chad even being allowed to box is unfair. All his fights should be first round KOs. It's like the flash running in the olympics.

Anyways I know I've said it before but yall REALLY need to read Gosu The Master. **** is soooooooo good right now.

Chad even being allowed to box is unfair. All his fights should be first round KOs. It's like the flash running in the olympics.

Anyways I know I've said it before but yall REALLY need to read Gosu The Master. **** is soooooooo good right now.
I second the gosu thing.
I mean, hitting a guy so hard that you accidentally fix a crippling, life threatening illness and accidentally make him into another master is so awesome. :lol:

Gosu is on my to read list. Will probably start it today or tomorrow.  

For anyone who like sports series, there's a good korean webtoon called Wind Break about bike racing. They spend more time getting into fist fights then racing, but when they do race it's good. Series is pretty interesting, but the chapters are short.

Also, Ace of Diamond 2, seems like there may be a turning point now for Sawamura to finally make a charge for the Ace. It seems like Furuya is falling apart. It seems like after this last game they might set up something for Sawamura and that first year to become a new battery, depending on how Miyuki acts and I want to see if this causes the coach to change any since he basically cost them the game, but riding Furuya when he didn't have it. Plus Sawamura left him speechless and I believe threw a no hitter during his 4 innings. 

I second the gosu thing.
I mean, hitting a guy so hard that you accidentally fix a crippling, life threatening illness and accidentally make him into another master is so awesome.
laugh.gif
The thing is he created a monster and he's STILL stronger than him. Dude is trying to kill him meanwhile he's sitting back figuring out a way to just knock him out
eek.gif
mean.gif

Closest fight we've seen so far was round 2 against the sword guy but both of them were in terrible condition for that fight so I don't even count it.

Gosu is on my to read list. Will probably start it today or tomorrow.  

For anyone who like sports series, there's a good korean webtoon called Wind Break about bike racing. They spend more time getting into fist fights then racing, but when they do race it's good. Series is pretty interesting, but the chapters are short.

Also, Ace of Diamond 2, seems like there may be a turning point now for Sawamura to finally make a charge for the Ace. It seems like Furuya is falling apart. It seems like after this last game they might set up something for Sawamura and that first year to become a new battery, depending on how Miyuki acts and I want to see if this causes the coach to change any since he basically cost them the game, but riding Furuya when he didn't have it. Plus Sawamura left him speechless and I believe threw a no hitter during his 4 innings. 
I need to catch up on AOD. I stopped reading shortly after the transition to 2. Thankfully it's not that many chapters.

i havent been up on a lot of new mangas lately

but i started reading up on Gosu really early on this year

excellent material

everyone here (if they havent yet) should read up on it

i like how its on a chinese setting instead on the usual japanese we're all used to

kinda reminds me of watching old 70s and 80s kung fu films back in the day

Bleach used to be my favorite up through the Ulquiorra fight. After that they dragged on the fake karakuta town arc & rushed the final fight fight with Aizen. Plus they made the top 3 espadas look too weak after making Ulquiorra seem so strong

Ichigo vs Grimmjaw...... :smh: :pimp:

Ichigo vs Ulquiorra..... :smh: :pimp:

Ichigo vs grimmjaw 1 when. Grimm was giving him them hands was prolly one of the best animation and fight in that arc. Set the tone up like oh snap. HM is about to be LIT....then....it wasnt

Seems like this fits for this week

Glad to see Urouge get some shine. Most people thought he was the weakest supernova, but he seems to be doing pretty well for himself. His devil fruit does lend itself well to fighting stronger opponents. I'm surprised Big Mom's crew thinks he just died in the forest. 
Is Pound about to lead them out of the forest. Oda drew the apple juice waterfall 3 times this chapter to show that it is the only static thing in the forest, basically showing it's how you get out. 

So far this arc has made Nami seem like the dumbest person in the group, which is impressive in it's own right since the group consists of Luffy, Chopper, Carrot, and Brook.

I'm wondering if Luffy is able to use G4 in more ways than just bound-man or if he has another level. I'm also wondering if he can start developing better control over G4, since it seems for these top tier fights he won't be able to do much without it. 

People always thought urouge was the weakest because he had a 108 million bounty but 108 is a sacred number in multiple different religions and him being a monk it's just a play on that (zoro also uses a attack called a 108 pound Phoenix) but I'm not surprised how far he made it especially with his devil fruit

People always thought urouge was the weakest because he had a 108 million bounty but 108 is a sacred number in multiple different religions and him being a monk it's just a play on that (zoro also uses a attack called a 108 pound Phoenix) but I'm not surprised how far he made it especially with his devil fruit
Yeah I always liked Urouge. I'm hoping he gets to play a bigger role soon.

CRINE @ that urouge vid :rofl: :rofl:

I NEEEEED an explanation as to how my dude kid and basil Hawkins got whipped by big moms subordinates. Oda cmon

CRINE @ that urouge vid
roll.gif
roll.gif

I NEEEEED an explanation as to how my dude kid and basil Hawkins got whipped by big moms subordinates. Oda cmon
Basil never fought Big Mom's commanders. Kid, Apoo, Bege, and Urogue did individually it seems. Kid and Hawkins went down against Kaido himself most recently. The thing is it doesn't say how recently Kid lost to one of Big Mom's guys just that it happened in the past 2 years. It could have been a year ago or right when Kid got to the new world for all we know. Last we heard about Kid though prior to his lose was that he sunk some of Big Mom's ships then switched targets from her to shanks. 

Maybe Oda will go into it in more detail but I doubt it.

Remember when God of Highschool was about highschool kids fighting each other in a tournament?

Remember when we saw the MC more than once every 3 months? Pepperidge farms remembers.

Back
Top Bottom