The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

man i just finished the baratie arc.

i love this damb show lol.

its very predictable....the weekly villains....flashbacks...etc...but i cant stop lol.

sanji backstory was really cool.

ive gotta say....currently this show along with rick and morty and stranger things are my favorite shows right now.

i love this show.

and it makes me excited that there are like 700 more.

:lol:

Ash really ain't ish tho!

Don't skip any arc in one piece it's all a journey, in fact I recently went back to fishman island and rewatched it and it hits harder escpecialy with where we are at right now as a society also "bad" arcs need to be judged on a complete read through instead of week to week basis cause if we went purely on week to week skypiea would of sucked, especially considering dressrosa is like two arcs in one

Last edited:
Don't you dare skip any of those. I still don't understand why you hated them so much. B

DONT SKIP ANYTHING UNLESS ITS FILLER

its very predictable....the weekly villains....flashbacks...etc...but i cant stop lol.

ive gotta say....currently this show along with rick and morty and stranger things are my favorite shows right now.

i love this show.

DONT WORRY BRO IT GETS LESS PREDICTABLE VERY SOON

Can someone hook me up and a KissAnime or kissmanga equivalent for marvel comic books?

Is there such a thing?

Last edited:
One Piece

Brook using his brain for once.Too bad he doesn't actually have a brain to use. :lol:

And luffy looks deceased. :lol:

i love this show.

Watch Hunter X Hunter. The author is a genius. It's better because:

Morally gray characters--no true "villains". The "villain" of one arc is responsible for at least half a million deaths but you still somehow cry for him :frown:

Togashi oftentimes tells the story from the perspective of the "antagonists"

Tension--characters are injured, maimed, killed, and not for shock value. Characters you like. Almost on GOT level.

Fantastic dialogue, awesome narration that dives deep into character motives, just great writing. Character development like a mug.

An open world that is fantastical but draws intense parallels to our own modern world, and tons of political commentary

The main character at first glance appears to be a typical shonen little boy protagonist--but is actually a very disturbing deconstruction of the entire concept. HxH is more seinen than shonen.

The "heroes" can be just as bad or ruthless as the "villains"

Awesome detailed system of super powers and it's developed so no single character is perfect.

Awesome fight scenes and animation

WATCH IT

Yeah HunterXHunter is literally the best shounen out there. I'm not going to argue with OP fans because I don't have the energy for it right now, but HXH is a story where everything matters in an interesting world with likeable characters. Although Gon kinda is a little too good and perfect. Much like all shounen protags. And the villains are really well done

Although I will say the powers system makes no sense so try not to think too much about it. Basically the powers are going to end up doing whatever makes the plot move forward

Manga

Chrollo and Hisoka fight and Chrollo blows him up. Yet somehow Hisokas bungee gum revues his organs or some stupid ish. It makes no sense. But neither does nen

Last edited:
Yeah HunterXHunter is literally the best shounen out there. I'm not going to argue with OP fans because I don't have the energy for it right now, but HXH is a story where everything matters in an interesting world with likeable characters. Although Gon kinda is a little too good and perfect. Much like all shounen protags. And the villains are really well done

Although I will say the powers system makes no sense so try not to think too much about it. Basically the powers are going to end up doing whatever makes the plot move forward

Manga

Chrollo and Hisoka fight and Chrollo blows him up. Yet somehow Hisokas bungee gum revues his organs or some stupid ish. It makes no sense. But neither does nen

Nah the limitations and capabilities of Nen are pretty well thought out. It's very "give and take"--as in, you can maybe develop this ability or get good at doing this, but on the other hand another capability of yours will suffer or there will be a potentially fatal weakness to balance out the strength.

Kurapika's powers are an awesome example of the precedent Togashi wanted to set with Nen.

Hisoka's example, without getting into spoilers, fits into the same precedents set at the beginning of the manga. It's just that the properties of his nen allow for something like that to happen much more easily.

The basic nature of Nen persisting in that manner + Hisoka's specific power = failsafe. Don't count on it happening again tho.

Last edited:
Nen is like the Sharingan. We know what it is and can do, but that doesn't stop the author from making stuff up out of thin air to fit into a story and make it move forward.

Honestly let's just call it wish fulfillment as in it'll let you do what you wanna do

Hisoka had to lose and die. Because chrollo is stronger. But he's a great character so you can't get rid of him.

Last edited:

While I love hunter x hunter I don't think I could call it my personal favorite or I will say it has the best anime adaptation escpecially when you take the bulk of info from the manga and makes it easier to digest plus there's no filler which makes it a smooth watch through

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it my favorite either but I respect Togashi a ton as a writer for it. It's concise, no fat, well thought out world, characters that aren't annoying. Like more manga authors need to take a look at his style( not his schedule because yea we know how that is)

He can add characters and plot lines without adding bloat and the story is always moving forward

From what I understand Togashi is seriously ill but it's played down as "laziness".

Allegedly he was at the point where he was immoble and could not even move from a lying down position due to the pain

From what I understand Togashi is seriously ill but it's played down as "laziness".

Allegedly he was at the point where he was immoble and could not even move from a lying down position due to the pain
Oh I'm not saying he's lazy. I know he had back issues. What I'm saying is he needs to stop drawing and let somebody else take over the art and he just do the story.

Normally if an author has an interesting story but can't draw for **** the editors would have another artist do the art. But I suppose that Togashi is to big of a name for that to be suggested

Togashi's art is fantastic when done all the way through. Never got the whole "let someone else do the art" argument; it wouldn't be HxH without Togashi's distinctive style. I've read the tankobon versions of Greed Island and Chimera Ant arcs and they are beautiful. Togashi is one of those eccentric artists and doesn't hire assitants like literally ever other mangaka, he feels as if even when he can't do it all the way under his own power, even with illnesses, he still won't compromise as an artist.

Anyone who's read YYH knows that Togashi is top tier when it comes to drawing ****

Last edited:
I totally disagree. I don't think his art for HXH is good at all. Here's 2 random panels I pulled

If by distinctive you mean not good, then so be it. But the art isn't good and it wouldn't be acceptable if it was coming from anybody else with less prestige. Editors in Japan would send this back to anybody else

Last edited:
Lol there was parts in the ant arc that were drawn so bad I couldn't even understand what was going on :lol: I was mad at myself for even reading the manga when i could have just waited for the anime and it wouldn't be halfway spoiled

I totally disagree. I don't think his art for HXH is good at all. Here's 2 random panels I pulled

If by distinctive you mean not good, then so be it. But the art isn't good and it wouldn't be acceptable if it was coming from anybody else with less prestige. Editors in Japan would send this back to anybody else

Not being a fan of the art style is one thing, or hating when he's sick and the art is scribbles. But objectively dissing Togashi Da Gawd as an artist? Nah B. Challenge accepted.

My Google game skrong, b.

Not being a fan of the art style is one thing, or hating when he's sick and the art is scribbles. But objectively dissing Togashi Da Gawd as an artist? Nah B. Challenge accepted.

My Google game skrong, b.

DAMN SON. THAT ART IS STRAIGHT FLAMES.

Back
Top Bottom