The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

yeah so this did if for me

immm probably gonna watch all 800 lol

I totally disagree. I don't think his art for HXH is good at all. Here's 2 random panels I pulled

If by distinctive you mean not good, then so be it. But the art isn't good and it wouldn't be acceptable if it was coming from anybody else with less prestige. Editors in Japan would send this back to anybody else

Not being a fan of the art style is one thing, or hating when he's sick and the art is scribbles. But objectively dissing Togashi Da Gawd as an artist? Nah B. Challenge accepted.

My Google game skrong, b.
The story of HxH make up for the bad art. I'm not denying he couldn't draw in the past, but in his current condition it's not goodI'm not disputing he was a good artist in the past. His condition is making the art terrible. If you can read the latest stuff before he went on hiatus and say it was good then let's just agree to disagree because your a fan and don't wanna admit it that it's not good and incoherent recently

ANYONE WATCHING BLUE EXORCIST?
Not a fan of it so far. Very little has happened up until this point. I don't even remember if I liked season one, it was so long ago

Last edited:
IMO once you hit the sabaody everything kicks into high gear it's one of my favorite arcs

definite turning point, things actually feel dire and how vast the OPverse is really sets in. actually, the world building is one of my favorite aspects of OP and how people and events are connected

The story of HxH make up for the bad art. I'm not denying he couldn't draw in the past, but in his current condition it's not goodI'm not disputing he was a good artist in the past. His condition is making the art terrible. If you can read the latest stuff before he went on hiatus and say it was good then let's just agree to disagree because your a fan and don't wanna admit it that it's not good and incoherent recently

But several of the HxH images I posted are from the most recent chapters....:lol:

Tower of God
A lot of stuff in this chapter.
Finally we see Garam Jahad. She was the 1st princess to get 2 13 month weapons until Yuri got Black March and Green April. She fled with Enne Zahard and later housed Anak until she became a regular. So it seems she's another princess rebelling against the status quo of the tower, so we'll probably learn a lot from her. Also the translation was kind of rough when she was speaking. It didn't really flow well. I think she was talking about not helping Yuri and her being the persistent one, not Baam, and that Yuri's group may die but is on their own. Then she says she's going to meet Baam.

The whole soul issue is kind of odd. Hope it gets clarified. So if you have no soul, you can't die, but does it prohibit you from going to other floors? Otherwise, why wouldn't a regular take out their soul, and go up the tower without fear of death? What are the additional consequences? Also did Baam get to keep his soul/all the souls Albeda gave him since he's fighting the gatekeeper now? (NVM once the guardian started attacking the fish stopped trying to take the souls and they returned to Baam)

Also the light Baam saw when they entered the floor was probably a soul calling out to him

Khun's Enna Core power up does not seem sustainable at all. Seems to be SIU has set it up to be temporary until Khun becomes a ranker or maybe he has other plans for Khun. 

I really want to see what Baam does with this black hole technique. I think he's only gotten the base of it, but it can be expanded as he better understands it. Basically he can finally develop his own fighting style. I think people forget that he's basically a baby in the tower. He's been in the tower a handful of years and had not fighting experience at all previously. He's learned everything from other people and doesn't even know himself really. On this floor he's supposed to learn about himself, which hopefully comes with developing his own fighting style, which could easily incorporate all that's he's learned from others. 

I wonder what the scale of this arc is since it'll be the one to close out season 2 and SIU has mentioned his health hasn't been great lately. Will it be as long as the workshop battle or the hell train? I definitely can't see it being short like the NHS. There's way too much story to tell here. 

Hopefully more people start reading this series, so we can have more discussions on it. Although I have been inconsistent on posting in the thread lately.

Are you guys still anti-Ghost in the Shell movie because of the cast or have the trailers changed your mind? I think it looks pretty good. Looks like the Geisha house scene is in it.

I've been struggling to find an anime i'm into for the last 4-6 months. Was randomly browsing the adult swim on demand section and checked out Dimension W. Liking it so far.

Are you guys still anti-Ghost in the Shell movie because of the cast or have the trailers changed your mind? I think it looks pretty good. Looks like the Geisha house scene is in it.
I was in that same boat, but the recent trailers got me interested. I was going to see it regardless, but now with more interest than not. :lol:

Tower of God
A lot of stuff in this chapter.
Finally we see Garam Jahad. She was the 1st princess to get 2 13 month weapons until Yuri got Black March and Green April. She fled with Enne Zahard and later housed Anak until she became a regular. So it seems she's another princess rebelling against the status quo of the tower, so we'll probably learn a lot from her. Also the translation was kind of rough when she was speaking. It didn't really flow well. I think she was talking about not helping Yuri and her being the persistent one, not Baam, and that Yuri's group may die but is on their own. Then she says she's going to meet Baam.

The whole soul issue is kind of odd. Hope it gets clarified. So if you have no soul, you can't die, but does it prohibit you from going to other floors? Otherwise, why wouldn't a regular take out their soul, and go up the tower without fear of death? What are the additional consequences? Also did Baam get to keep his soul/all the souls Albeda gave him since he's fighting the gatekeeper now? (NVM once the guardian started attacking the fish stopped trying to take the souls and they returned to Baam)

Also the light Baam saw when they entered the floor was probably a soul calling out to him

Khun's Enna Core power up does not seem sustainable at all. Seems to be SIU has set it up to be temporary until Khun becomes a ranker or maybe he has other plans for Khun. 

I really want to see what Baam does with this black hole technique. I think he's only gotten the base of it, but it can be expanded as he better understands it. Basically he can finally develop his own fighting style. I think people forget that he's basically a baby in the tower. He's been in the tower a handful of years and had not fighting experience at all previously. He's learned everything from other people and doesn't even know himself really. On this floor he's supposed to learn about himself, which hopefully comes with developing his own fighting style, which could easily incorporate all that's he's learned from others. 

I wonder what the scale of this arc is since it'll be the one to close out season 2 and SIU has mentioned his health hasn't been great lately. Will it be as long as the workshop battle or the hell train? I definitely can't see it being short like the NHS. There's way too much story to tell here. 

Hopefully more people start reading this series, so we can have more discussions on it. Although I have been inconsistent on posting in the thread lately.
It would be interesting to see how the soul thing affects Wangnan and Karaka

I'll go see Ghost in the Shell if they have a matinee showing. I'll pay $4.50. I never go to the movies.

It would be interesting to see how the soul thing affects Wangnan and Karaka
Yeah, that as well. I would expect Karaka to just kill the gatekeeper. I wonder about Wangnan and Rachel's group, although Hoaquin is with them right? He has a weird connection with souls as well. 

Back
Top Bottom