The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

The Promised Neverland
Holy crap. Mama is brutal.
eek.gif
i thought she broke her back at first like paralyzing her

i thought she broke her back at first like paralyzing her

It looks like she's shipping them separately and not together like they all thought. I wonder how this is gonna change things now.

Just started jojo dub.
Aint nobody safe

Speedwagon get the award for most useless person...... Ever

Sooo im not really into anime but one piece got me.

Started watching the series like "this is mad childish/corny" but could not stop.

Currently on ep 24.

Seen the movie with baron omatsuri and thought it was awesome.

I understand the huge popularity in japan.

Sooo im not really into anime but one piece got me.

Started watching the series like "this is mad childish/corny" but could not stop.

Currently on ep 24.

Seen the movie with baron omatsuri and thought it was awesome.

I understand the huge popularity in japan.

KEDP GOING YOU AINT SEEN NOTHIN YE
That's the best thing about OP compared to naruto and bleach, while they got worse as time went on, OP only gets better

Last edited:
Just started jojo dub.
Aint nobody safe

Speedwagon get the award for most useless person...... Ever
The dub? I have a feeling a lot of stuff is going to get lost in translation. :lol:

And Speedwagon is far from useless. He's the Joestar family stand after all. :lol:

KEDP GOING YOU AINT SEEN NOTHIN YE
That's the best thing about OP compared to naruto and bleach, while they got worse as time went on, OP only gets better

I'm addicted.

the length of each episode is like the perfect length lol.

i like the depth they put into the characters, with the backstories and stuff.

usop and zoros backstories were really really good.

im a fan.

I'm still fairly new into it but i think its just really cool.

the only other anime series I've seen is attack on titan and neon genesis evangelion.

those were also really good.

Last edited:
CP9 and the rise of Sogeking :smokin

I took a big break from OP. Got back to it and caught all the way up to them going after Big Mom, had to take another break.

The rush of reading a manga in one go (like i did for Death Note, Gantz, etc) is unparalleled.

Anyway, I can't remember if there was an anime movie thread so posting this here

:smokin

Last edited:
I'm addicted.

the length of each episode is like the perfect length lol.

i like the depth they put into the characters, with the backstories and stuff.

usop and zoros backstories were really really good.

im a fan.

I'm still fairly new into it but i think its just really cool.

the only other anime series I've seen is attack on titan and neon genesis evangelion.

those were also really good.

Skip Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa. Trash. Or rather, read those arcs in the manga. The anime experiences a severe dip in quality after Fishman Island.

Latest arc started off fuego but is currently kind of rocky. It's looking like another Dressrosa situation where Oda has a bunch of ideas but doesn't know where to take it and therefore it gets sloppy

I'm waiting for the final battle of this arc to make a for sure judgement. I feel like the last time that Oda actually delivered on character hype was Marineford, otherwise it's a lot of fights being off-paneled or a lot of telling and not showing.

Zou arc is lit tho. Big Mam and the ____ Family are :pimp: as characters.

Also Hunter x Hunter >>>> OP so check that out.

Last edited:
Whats the best op movie?

I seen secret island and just saw dead end adventure

Those were both really good

Skip Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa. Trash. Or rather, read those arcs in the manga. The anime experiences a severe dip in quality after Fishman Island.

Latest arc started off fuego but is currently kind of rocky. It's looking like another Dressrosa situation where Oda has a bunch of ideas but doesn't know where to take it and therefore it gets sloppy

I'm waiting for the final battle of this arc to make a for sure judgement. I feel like the last time that Oda actually delivered on character hype was Marineford, otherwise it's a lot of fights being off-paneled or a lot of telling and not showing.

Zou arc is lit tho. Big Mam and the ____ Family are
pimp.gif
as characters.

Also Hunter x Hunter >>>> OP so check that out.
the same Big Mom that this ***** Monkey D claimed Beef with?
eek.gif

wasn't your main reason that it was too close to alabasta

Keep in mind that although the anime completely botched it further, I'm solely talking about the manga in the below

1. Too close to Alabasta

2. Rebecca--typical weak and helpless female character who exists to cry and for fapping purposes "uwaaaaahhhhh Luffy save me and my entire country even tho we just mettt"

3. Too many cliffhangers of crazy **** about to go down next week only for Oda to focus on meaningless side **** and then have the crazy **** go down off-panel. This is still happening now.

4. Trafalgar Law is a Mary Sue and there was a horrendously unnecessary amount of focus on him. His name was the icing on the cake. Oda obviously realized that or we'd still be seeing him now

5. Luffy saying he's going to kick doflamingos *** and then nothing happening. Oda cliffhanged a DIRECT confrontation at least twice and then nothing happened.

6. Zoro is perfect--has Zoro lost a fight or even been injured since the timeskip??

7. No tension as is typical of One Piece and the reason that Marineford is the undisputed best arc (Water 7 too)

8. Lots of running around, things happening, but nothing actually happening. Characters run around to accomplish X, don't acomplish it, Y happens and left on a cliffhanger, next week Y didn't actually happen or happened off-panel, more running around, x gets accomplished yay

9. Doflamingo's supposedly elite crew are scrubs and drop like flies

Cool things:

Luffy vs Mingo

Lucy

Fujitora

Cora

The flashbacks

Doflamingo's backstory

What little dedication there was to the actual fights as opposed to running around, comic relief, two-page cliffhanger spreads that go nowhere, etc

Whats the best op movie?

Strong World and Film Z are the best hands down. Don't watch Film Z if you're not caught up because it will spoil you.

Strong World would spoiler future members of the Straw Hat crew.

I think those are the only 2 I've seen and I enjoyed both. I think I saw the chase the balloon one as well.

Kingdom I understand your gripe but some of that is what makes one piece good as well such an open world with open interpretation.
Laws story was by far one of the saddest /best back stories in Op so far. (I'm not current with the Zuo arc since they saved the elephant from burning).

Doffys back story was great as well.
Rebecca wasn't completely useless though. She held her own for awhile. She just wasn't crazy powerful I won't fault her for that
Dani in that arch :smokin
That arc was more touching than tension but that was ok with me.
Zorro and Luffy are pretty much 1a. And 1b. If luffy beating top people I expect zorro to be crushing lesser people. Waiting more for another sword person to fight him. Him vs fugitora is what I'm waiting for.

I just didn't see much wrong with it. Maybe I'm just a Stan for OP.

I'm catching up on OP right now and on the Skypeia arc, almost finish with it tho. I'm gettin closer to my favorite arc Ennies Lobby! Didn't see Water 7, can't wait to get there tho

Whats the best op movie?

The last three OP movies are all worth watching. They are called the One Piece FIlms - higher budgets and with input from Oda himself

Back
Top Bottom