The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

One Piece

We finally see Komurasaki. Cool. *Cues up Golddigger by Kanye* :lol:

I'm almost positive that Komurasaki is Momo's sister. I wonder what she was really getting all that money for. Maybe she's using it to help her mother or something.
Also, I'm really curious to see who Kid fought from Shank's crew. Maybe Shanks wants everyone to be like him. :lol:

This week's chapter of My Hero Academia was no joke.

I feel real bad for Deku. He's been training and working on making OFA his own, and right when he's gonna show everyone the fruits of his labor OFA decides to go out of control. That must be incredibly frustrating for him. I just hope that Ochako didn't inadvertently put herself in harm's way by jumping in like that trying to save him. I'm real curious to see who that eye in the shadow belongs to. Maybe it's one of the previous users of OFA or something.

One Piece

We finally see Komurasaki. Cool. *Cues up Golddigger by Kanye* :lol:

I'm almost positive that Komurasaki is Momo's sister. I wonder what she was really getting all that money for. Maybe she's using it to help her mother or something.
Also, I'm really curious to see who Kid fought from Shank's crew. Maybe Shanks wants everyone to be like him. :lol:

If I had to guess it'd be Lucky Roux. Will be interesting to find out. I like kid a lot though. Still waiting for Killer and the rest of the Kid pirates to pop up. I wonder how this prison break is gonna go and if Caribou will play a role in this arc. He still has the info on Shirahoshi if he hasn't given it up yet.

I thought last week Komurasaki could be momo's sister. Maybe she's using the money to pay Kyoshiro for protection or to convince him to take on Orochi? If it is Hiroyi it could be just what she's done to survive over the years and that's who she's become. I'm sure we'll go through a redemption plot line for her. Though it'd be nice if Oda leaned into her being villainous. Do you think Momo's mom is still alive if Komurasaki is using the money to help her mother or do you mean like a foster mom?

I really don't want to see her and Sanji interact, I think that'd end up being super boring, just a repeat of Sanji and Viola. I'm also pretty tired of Sanji overall currently.

Luffy looks buffer this arc and his interactions with Kid are great. I'd like some more focus on that maybe, depending on where it could go in the prison. I'm sure we'll get plenty of it once they're out.

How you guys feeling about jump force?
I really liked the ones on DS, but I can't see this one being great. almost looks like the naruto games which are fun but this being big and 3d I can't see liking too much. really depends how many more characters they ad

Man this chapter of Soma was so bad. The author is going more over the top, yet it gets more and more boring. They don't even try to explain the mechanics of the cooking really anymore. Series has become a parody of itself.

This week's chapter of My Hero Academia was no joke.

I feel real bad for Deku. He's been training and working on making OFA his own, and right when he's gonna show everyone the fruits of his labor OFA decides to go out of control. That must be incredibly frustrating for him. I just hope that Ochako didn't inadvertently put herself in harm's way by jumping in like that trying to save him. I'm real curious to see who that eye in the shadow belongs to. Maybe it's one of the previous users of OFA or something.

This chapter was insane. I was honestly expecting this to be a more standard training / hero development arc and more focused on how Shinso used his abilities to enter the hero course, but this development is wild. I thought the whole "dream" thing was interesting but wasn't sure how it would be manifested...never expected this though. Definitely a reminder that we still know so little about OfA. I'm still undecided on how I feel about it because there hasn't really been any allusion to other complications like this before the dream sequence...I really would like to understand why All Might didn't experience any of this himself, even IF his body was able to take on 100% from the beginning. If they explain this as being part of a side-reaction to using 100% for an extended period with Eri even though he wasn't ready for it, or perhaps as some sort of reaction to AfO (the ability's creator, since he was the one who merged them) or some other logical explanation that acknowledges the fundamental differences between All Might and Deku's situations then I'll be satisfied. I haven't been disappointed yet so I'll reserve judgment for now. Can't wait for the next few chapters though.

Should i catch up on MHA so i can do my quarterly rant?

200.gif

SO if all of killua family uses men, and get knew his grandpa used dragon dive why did he have to learn what nen was with gon

Main theory is that it would have allowed Killua to have too much control over his life, which Illumi (and his father somewhat) did not want. Illumi told Killua that he didn't need a Hunter's License, and that when he did need one he would tell him. This was likely an allusion to the fact that once a Hunter receives their license, they are also taught nen by one of the random Association teachers. Illumi didn't want him to learn nen until he felt he had enough control over him.

WELL I finished the hunter x hunter anime last night . Having mixed feelings. The dark continent looks like it could have a lot of potential but I want Gon and killua together. Even with alluka. Plus the way this dude writes maybe I’ll never see them together again (sad face)

Back to one piece. I am at saobody archipelago. Now I love OP don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t get pretty repetitive and not deep enough for me sometimes. Still tryna find something to give me those hunter x hunter feels. With creatures lol. A lot of the ones you guys suggested I couldn’t find on Hulu or Crunchyroll. Might look at nextflix tonight

Back to one piece. I am at saobody archipelago. Now I love OP don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t get pretty repetitive and not deep enough for me sometimes. Still tryna find something to give me those hunter x hunter feels. With creatures lol. A lot of the ones you guys suggested I couldn’t find on Hulu or Crunchyroll. Might look at nextflix tonight

You're at my favorite arc. Actually this stretch of the series is the one that took it to a new level. It was already #1, but this upped the popularity even more. One Piece has deep themes and subplots it's just rarely the main focus.

If you're really into creatures, Toriko is all about that. Anime adaptation of it is pretty rough, but it's all about creatures. Maybe world trigger? I haven't seen it, but I think it has monsters.

Toriko actually is pretty fun so far. Lotta creatures and it cracks me up how excited they get when they eat. It makes me want to go hunt some rare ingredients (at Kroger).

Toriko actually is pretty fun so far. Lotta creatures and it cracks me up how excited they get when they eat. It makes me want to go hunt some rare ingredients (at Kroger).

Yeah the Toriko story is fun and solid, I'm just not a fan of the anime compared to the manga. The anime waters things down a lot and wasn't seen as a great adaptation.

Back
Top Bottom