The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

not sure how I feel about Kuma being jewelry Bonnie dad. Feels so random and they look nothing alike? Also, katakuri vs aokiji soon?
Been the running theory for years now once it was revealed she was mad about what Vegapunk did to him way back in Saboady.

The other theory was she was his mother.

Last edited:
Been the running theory for years now once it was revealed she was mad about what Vegapunk did to him away back in Saboady.

The other theory was she was his mother.

I don’t remember her mentioning kuma at all during that arc. Prob wasn’t paying attention

She was super upset at the Reverie when she saw Kuma as a slave as well and it showed they were from the same kingdom and she had taken over as queen there too. In Saboady she mentioned she'd never forgive someone and was mad about Kuma when she saw him at Marineford as well.

n18fp25ey5s91.jpg

Kim Jungi was so cool how he just kept on drawing

-Urasawa Naoki

danger style danger style paying tribute to the GOAT

Its funny when you compare the big 3.

Naruto had a beginning and middle but Kishi clearly bull ****ted the end with the *** pull alien villain.

One Piece despite its length Oda has an ending.

Bleach had a beginning and a bit of a middle but Kubo had no real end. Bleach had a favorable comparison to Yu Yu Hakusho but when the Aizen plot got extended for other time wasting villains like the arrancar it got blah d as all he could keep doing was giving Ichigo power ups and everybody else's abilities. I'm surprised he didnt have full on Quincy powers by the time Kubo made the quincies the final villains.

Its funny when you compare the big 3.

Naruto had a beginning and middle but Kishi clearly bull ****ted the end with the *** pull alien villain.

One Piece despite its length Oda has an ending.

Bleach had a beginning and a bit of a middle but Kubo had no real end. Bleach had a favorable comparison to Yu Yu Hakusho but when the Aizen plot got extended for other time wasting villains like the arrancar it got blah d as all he could keep doing was giving Ichigo power ups and everybody else's abilities. I'm surprised he didnt have full on Quincy powers by the time Kubo made the quincies the final villains.
I actually watched Bleach first since I liked the character design better than the other two and the concept was interesting. But for one reason or another, I started Naruto soon after and never looked back. I didn't like One Piece's animation so I never got into it.

I actually watched Bleach first since I liked the character design better than the other two and the concept was interesting. But for one reason or another, I started Naruto soon after and never looked back. I didn't like One Piece's animation so I never got into it.
That's pretty much the same order for me only I also started reading the manga for each as well soon after.

I was really in to Bleach and then I got hooked on Naruto (everything up to Chunin exams is just really good). The anime were so good I couldn't wait any longer and started reading the manga. With One Piece I had always started with the manga first so I missed out on the 4Kids era and had to go back to check that. It wasn't good so it wasn't until Skypeia that I started watching the anime and even then I didn't have like a reliable site to watch (or as much time) so I stopped after Thriller Bark and took awhile until I could binge the entire thing before the time skip.

By then I dropped the Bleach manga and anime, dropped Naruto cuz of all that filler after the Naruto vs. Sauske fight and then the manga after the time skip, and didn't even know the Bleach anime got canceled.

That's pretty much the same order for me only I also started reading the manga for each as well soon after.

I was really in to Bleach and then I got hooked on Naruto (everything up to Chunin exams is just really good). The anime were so good I couldn't wait any longer and started reading the manga. With One Piece I had always started with the manga first so I missed out on the 4Kids era and had to go back to check that. It wasn't good so it wasn't until Skypeia that I started watching the anime and even then I didn't have like a reliable site to watch (or as much time) so I stopped after Thriller Bark and took awhile until I could binge the entire thing before the time skip.

By then I dropped the Bleach manga and anime, dropped Naruto cuz of all that filler after the Naruto vs. Sauske fight and then the manga after the time skip, and didn't even know the Bleach anime got canceled.
When I saw in a YouTube video stating that Naruto was like 40% I was shocked that I had the patience to watch all of that. I think at the time, I wasn't too knowledgeable about fillers since I didn't read Manga, hell maybe I was okay with it in my younger days. It did get ridiculous in the war arc, but at that point I was so invested in the characters that I had to watch it until the end. Luckily these days it seems that more series use better quality animation into less episodes so it doesn't veer too far off into the mundane side stories. I was actually thinking about getting into Bleach so I could catch up, but I think I watched a condensed recap on YouTube or something.

One thing that throws me off is that I don't hear complaints about One Piece having alot of filler which is pretty admirable when you consider how much content they have to work with as well. I just can't get into the goofy proportions.

When I saw in a YouTube video stating that Naruto was like 40% I was shocked that I had the patience to watch all of that. I think at the time, I wasn't too knowledgeable about fillers since I didn't read Manga, hell maybe I was okay with it in my younger days. It did get ridiculous in the war arc, but at that point I was so invested in the characters that I had to watch it until the end. Luckily these days it seems that more series use better quality animation into less episodes so it doesn't veer too far off into the mundane side stories. I was actually thinking about getting into Bleach so I could catch up, but I think I watched a condensed recap on YouTube or something.

One thing that throws me off is that I don't hear complaints about One Piece having alot of filler which is pretty admirable when you consider how much content they have to work with as well. I just can't get into the goofy proportions.
Yeah, Naruto fooled me for a good bit with their filler but all the tension was gone and I noticed a lot of one and done stories or just lame arcs.

Bleach actually had okay filler which in another way is a bad sign that the source material may not be that good.

One Piece had filler early in that was bearable but a strategic break made it so the anime would never catch up to the manga again. All that padding for time by extending fights and episodes is all on them. Only recently has the anime ascended to top tier.

Last edited:
So I checked out Akiba Maid Wars on a whim and holy crap, was that first minute not what I was expecting. :wow:
Definitely watching it after that. :lol:

This is the story of my life with anime
All my friends got into bleach first and dropped it for Naruto (they got me into Naruto) and they never got into one piece because of animation (I got into it tho) :lol:

Started rewatching bleach.. lawd I had to just skip some shh
I was thinking about starting it over too since it has been so long.
Looked up how many episodes of filler there was out of curiosity and apparently out of 366 episodes 164 are filler..... just under half of it was filler

Back
Top Bottom