The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

If the live action OP makes it to this point, I know this song is gonna hit different in live action...

I completely forgot what this was about. Might have to go look it up.

Between Sand Land and this, it feels like the anime industry might be leaning more on these one shots/small run series from big mangaka to fill in their lineups. I like it, and I'm surprised it hasn't been more of a thing already.

IMG_4264.jpeg
IMG_4265.jpeg
IMG_4266.jpeg

danger style danger style I already got the physique

I was thinking about this chapter and I know some people don't like Garp's portrayal, but I think it's great. He won the battle. Lots of battles in One Piece are about ideology and his ideology won out.

He successfully bet on the future. Looking at Kuzan crying at the end, I feel a big part of his tears is regret that he couldn't be the future of the marines in the way Garp hoped for his 1st protege. Now I think Kuzan has an alternative goal and wants to bring down Blackbeard, but I think this is him being conflicted that the route he had to take forced him to fight his mentor in this way rather than support him or let him retire or even let Garp pass on his will to him. Instead Garp's will gets passed on to Koby and a new generation of Marines. However, Garp saying "All of you are the future of the Navy" could be a secret message to Kuzan as well.

One other thing, I had forgotten Tashigi was there. Smoker however isn't. I wonder if Tashigi is also supposed to represent Smoker here or if he was intentionally excluded.

Back
Top Bottom