The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

If not murder she'd get involuntary manslaughter. She had no intentions on killing him but her actions that she knowingly took did lead to his death. Might get some time off or some sympathy once they figure out what dude was doing. He basically kidnapped those people and assaulted them on the regular.
Yeah but its not so much what she's actually guilty of and more what can you convince a jury she's guilty of.

As for his crimes, not sure when it takes place but digital/virtual ppl are not real and have no rights. I can't kidnap and assault Spider-Man.

Any DA with the facts sans confession would go for murder 2. Some may not believe her truth. Its a little out there to believe she was mysteriously blackmailed to steal some small DNA samples from a mini fridge.

Only his DNA sequencer to copy them within the game may corroborate some of that story.

Remember tho, she was givin' him some play till ol girl from Chewing Gum told her to dial it back. That's why he decided to add her to the game. She started iggin' him
Yeah he was digging her and he can't read social clues so that's why he thinks she's playing him.

But his idea of acring on the game is obviously messed.up.

Yeah but its not so much what she's actually guilty of and more what can you convince a jury she's guilty of.

As for his crimes, not sure when it takes place but digital/virtual ppl are not real and have no rights. I can't kidnap and assault Spider-Man.

Any DA with the facts sans confession would go for murder 2. Some may not believe her truth. Its a little out there to believe she was mysteriously blackmailed to steal some small DNA samples from a mini fridge.

Only his DNA sequencer to copy them within the game may corroborate some of that story.

But you're using the logic that it's not possible to transfer a consciousness and that they wouldn't be able to track down the ship full of sentient players. They may be able to track the IP address to who messaged her and locate their ship and once they can talk to them they could prove it.

But then again we are playing a game of if's and they can fall with whoever goes last

But you're using the logic that it's not possible to transfer a consciousness
No. I'm not.

Just going by the show, that possible. I didnt put that in to question.

But I'll use the word consciousness if it makes things clearer. Does a cloned/copied consciousness have the same rights as a living human being? Can a cloned/conscious be kidnapped? Or assaulted?

As far as I know other than the Black Museum ep dropping the tidbit that it is illegal to transfer a consciousness in to things like stuff bears with limited speech patterns I'm not aware of anything like "consciousness law". I think you're assuming these copies/cloned that only exist in a game would be treated the same.

and that they wouldn't be able to track down the ship full of sentient players.

They may be able to track the IP address to who messaged her and locate their ship and once they can talk to them they could prove it.
That's possible just not probable. Its an online game where millions of ppl connect to. The whole part where they survived and saw the vastness of virtual space was portraying that there were endless possibilities on where they could go.

Plus they're no longer in dude's pocket universe. They are tethered to no ip address. Also given that they thought they would die cuz the game's security program routinely erases rogue code if somebody went searching for them they'd probably look like they were a part of the game. That would actually hurt their case for being considered sentient.

Ok, I hadn't gotten to that one yet. I felt like Safe & Sound & AutoFac did a good job with all those topics as well. Crazy Diamond seemed like it tried to do that, but just fell flat. Really flat.

Safe and sound was good even though I kinda expected the twist once he started yelling at her but after seeing it and thinkin about it I really don't like how they made the black dude and asian family out to be terrorists

Like i guess they had to play it up for the twist but in retrospect its like saying were a TV show thats going to project the same stereotypes that plague the real world in this made up world where the white Ppl win anyway

Safe and sound was good even though I kinda expected the twist once he started yelling at her but after seeing it and thinkin about it I really don't like how they made the black dude and asian family out to be terrorists

Like i guess they had to play it up for the twist but in retrospect its like saying were a TV show thats going to project the same stereotypes that plague the real world in this made up world where the white Ppl win anyway

Same. Once they mentioned the mom was a political figure and apparently 'radical' (see: Strongly believes in her way of life) and her and the main city official apparently didn't see eye to eye, that they would try to get her someway. I do like the way they set it all up for her to become a terrorist herself.

Did you ever assume that she was just going crazy and hearing voices because of her family history?

I wasn't a fan of that either. Anyone here could be a terrorist. Why them??? But maybe that's commentary on the government itself constantly using the minority as the scapegoat through propagnada, and look at who ended up actually being a terrorist....*thinking emoji*
Now that I think about it, they doubled up on that one. With her getting her wristbands she's now 'safe' and presumed NOT a terrorist, but we see how that played out.

Watched The Commuter last night, I gotta go back and watch that one again. It was good, but I felt like I missed some things.

Same. Once they mentioned the mom was a political figure and apparently 'radical' (see: Strongly believes in her way of life) and her and the main city official apparently didn't see eye to eye, that they would try to get her someway. I do like the way they set it all up for her to become a terrorist herself.

Did you ever assume that she was just going crazy and hearing voices because of her family history?

I wasn't a fan of that either. Anyone here could be a terrorist. Why them??? But maybe that's commentary on the government itself constantly using the minority as the scapegoat through propagnada, and look at who ended up actually being a terrorist....*thinking emoji*
Now that I think about it, they doubled up on that one. With her getting her wristbands she's now 'safe' and presumed NOT a terrorist, but we see how that played out.

Watched The Commuter last night, I gotta go back and watch that one again. It was good, but I felt like I missed some things.

yea thats true and a good point how the bracelet represented "safety"

and in the end it becomes mandatory

but what does it say about family and conformity that she essentially sold out her mother?

also what did they say about dude being sterile? is that like a prerequisite or something?

i had the impression there was no such thing as stds either

i cant really remember the details of the commuter ill have to rewatch it

that was the guy who rode the train to fantasyland right?

yea thats true and a good point how the bracelet represented "safety"

and in the end it becomes mandatory

but what does it say about family and conformity that she essentially sold out her mother?

also what did they say about dude being sterile? is that like a prerequisite or something?

i had the impression there was no such thing as stds either
Yup, but there didn't seem to be any real penalties after she took it off. She just isn't awarded the 'safety' of those that have it.

Man I thought the same thing too. She turned on her moms so quick, like legit trusted no one except Ethan. She seemed to be a very easily manipulated girl bc she wanted to be in the 'in-crowd' (to get bracelets, to smash Ralph Tresvant, become a terrorist) but I don't how someone doesn't push back more. Did Ethan tell her not to accept the bracelet back? I would've totally taken it and told him to prove to me what he was saying before I created a bomb at home because my classmates and mom were going to blow up the city. Not great detective work from her end :lol:

I got that impression too, after that one girl told her 'to just have fun here. You're safe'. Seems like they've tested any diseases & possibility of an unwanted pregnancy that may occur.

i cant really remember the details of the commuter ill have to rewatch it

that was the guy who rode the train to fantasyland right?
I just feel like I missed some key events. Honestly this 'spoiler' isn't even necessary.

I started watching the Hoodmaker and stopped after 30 min and haven't been able to get back to it.

episodes are hit or miss
started watching Electric Dreams a week ago, think I'm on the 8th episode. I wouldn't even compare it to Black Mirror, the only one so far I've watched that is remotely comparable to BM is "Real Life". Episodes are basically straight to the point contained narratives.
Not really that thought provoking, but I enjoy it

It started being talked about in here so I got to googling and I see Phillip K. **** and I know that name and racked brain trying to figure out from where or what.

Said **** it and just decided to watch an ep. Wasn't the best first choice. Seemed like a really immersed short story.

Last edited:
Yeah if Phillip K. ****'s name wasn't on it, I wouldn't have checked it out.
I love Minority Report(both story and film and they are ridiculously different) and The Adjustment Bureau(short story, movie doesn't do it justice)
so they got me in with that. Also apparently these are stories that were written by him but never published, so my interest was definitely piqued.
They also have a pretty wide range of well known(to me) actors that will pop up out of nowhere

i thought electric dreams was good and a nice lil compliment to BM

more shows like this in general is good imo

another show thats not so much technology but more kinda dark humor is inside no 9

seasons are short too only 6 episodes

episodes are hit or miss

Agreed. The episiodes are very hit or miss. Hood Maker & Crazy Diamond round out the bottom of my episode ranking Master Zik Master Zik . Those two were easily the most disappointing, and I may need to watch them again to try to understand wtf was actually happening. I would highly suggest Real Life, AutoFac, Kill All Others & Safe & Sound. The 4 of them have the most resemblance to a BM ep and are the best IMO.

inside no 9

Where can I stream this?

BM fans, I highly suggest Electric Dreams on Amazon Prime

FTFY, although 'Prime' is in the embedded image. :wink:

Last edited:

https://www.hulu.com/inside-no-9

hulu has the first two seasons

season 3 aired and season 4 is currently airing

darkly comedic

all the episodes somehow revolve around the number 9

some are funny some are sad some cross the line but youll never go wrong with inside no 9

knocked out the rest of electric dreams (as others have said hit or miss, but the high points are really good) and the netflix show dark (BANGER!)

DARK seemed to be akin to Stranger Things, at least that's what I got off glance.

It's actually nothing like stranger things imo

great show, masterful storytelling.

stranger things isn't too far off a comparison, in fact it's pretty spot on when you think about it; right down to the ominous industrial facility...they are both based around a small town with some mysterious supernatural element that only a few are aware of; the approach dark takes is fundamentally way more interesting & varied though...can't wait for the next season!

stranger things isn't too far off a comparison, in fact it's pretty spot on when you think about it; right down to the ominous industrial facility...they are both based around a small town with some mysterious supernatural element that only a few are aware of; the approach dark takes is fundamentally way more interesting & varied though...can't wait for the next season!

to me it's far off.
Dark doesn't even try to play up the nostalgia factor or it does in extremely small bits. All the kids aren't necessarily teaming up to stop whatever it there is to stop either, hell they aren't even all friends.
While Stranger Things is more like Goonies
Dark is more of like Donnie Darko than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom