The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

you are right, they are definitely distinct...just don't think the comparison is crazy as far the core premise is concerned; a supernatural happening(s) in a small town that few are acutely aware of and others are only scratching the surface of & trying to 'solve'...the particulars of each story are of course very different, but maybe i'm over simplifying...

been meaning to get to donnie darko tho,

for sure
I remember when I tried to tell my wife about it(i hadn't watched it either) and I told her it was about the strange events that happen to kids in a close knit town in Germany and sure enough she said "So its like Stranger Things" :lol:

I think I'm just over anything that comes out now that takes place in a small town and centers around kids and some extraordinary events being compared to ST. I mean if IT wasn't a novel and then a remake beforehand and its first release was the current version, people would've compared that to ST.

The funny thing is I'm sure someone who produced IT and saw the success of ST was like "Now's our chance to remake IT."

stranger things isn't too far off a comparison, in fact it's pretty spot on when you think about it; right down to the ominous industrial facility...they are both based around a small town with some mysterious supernatural element that only a few are aware of; the approach dark takes is fundamentally way more interesting & varied though...can't wait for the next season!

Yeah, I was just going for overall premise. Supernatural mystery, missing kids, kids being the main characters/focal point. But I get what you mean dhart48 dhart48 , it's def not a apples to apples comparison. ST seems to be a bit more on the comical side of things while still having a very heavy sci-fi theme. DARK seems......well dark.

I think I'm just over anything that comes out now that takes place in a small town and centers around kids and some extraordinary events being compared to ST. I mean if IT wasn't a novel and then a remake beforehand and its first release was the current version, people would've compared that to ST.

You aint lying tho. :lol:

I gotta go back and watch the original, dodged that movie like the plague. I just didn't need an Blair Witch x Mars Attacks movie in my life. But the new one seemed cool and has me intrigued.

Just finished BM. Really interesting plots and scenarios that seem far off yet so familiar. Interesting Dynamic.

China Will Ban People With Poor ‘Social Credit’ From Planes and Trains
The new restrictions, which start in May, can last for up to a year
632557332.jpg.0.jpg

Passengers at Nantong Railway Station on January 23, 2017 in Nantong, Jiangsu Province of China.
Photo by Xu Congjun/VCG via Getty Images

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/16/17130366/china-social-credit-travel-plane-train-tickets

Starting in May, Chinese citizens who rank low on the country’s burgeoning “social credit” system will be in danger of being banned from buying plane or train tickets for up to a year, according to statements recently released by the country’s National Development and Reform Commission.

With the social credit system, the Chinese government rates citizens based on things like criminal behavior and financial misdeeds, but also on what they buy, say, and do. Those with low “scores” have to deal with penalties and restrictions. China has been working towards rolling out a full version of the system by 2020, but some early versions of it are already in place.

Previously, the Chinese government had focused on restricting the travel of people with massive amounts of debt, like LeEco and Faraday Future founder Jia Yueting, who made the Supreme People’s Court blacklist late last year.

The new travel restrictions are the latest addition to this growing patchwork of social engineering, which has already imposed punishments on more than seven million citizens. And there’s a broad range when it comes to who can be flagged. Citizens who have spread “false information about terrorism,” caused “trouble” on flights, used expired tickets, or were caught smoking on trains could all be banned,according to Reuters.

But the system, as it stands, is opaque; citizens are seemingly just as likely to be flagged for minor infractions like leaving bikes parked in a footpath or issuing apologies that are deemed “insincere” as major credit defaulters like Jia. And it’s often unclear whether they’re on a blacklist in the first place, let alone what kind of recourse is available. “Chinese government authorities clearly hope to create a reality in which bureaucratic pettiness could significantly limit people’s rights,” Maya Wang, senior researcher for the non-profit NGO Human Rights Watch, wrote in December.

episode is gonna be the most watched single episode in netflix history, depending on how many possibilities there are.
I hope the story really delivers on that one, like I'd love another white christmas and that one to be it

Don't know if I love the idea of choose your own story type episode. A little gimmicky.

I'm gonna have to watch The ep on Netflix.

Last edited:
Started binging this over the weekend and got through the first 2.5 seasons plus the White Christmas special. This show is amazing. I’ve enjoyed so many of them it’s hard to pick out favorites

Back
Top Bottom