-The Official Car Discussion Thead-

Any input on battery boxes? My daily driver got the hood dented enough to pop the hood and steal my battery. Trying to find a good way to secure it.

Is there a huge difference between 4-1 headers and 4-2-1 headers?
The numbers just mean the number of pipes. 4-2-1 starts off with 4, converges to 2, ends with 1 before the cat. Same concept with 4-1.

Taken from Honda-Tech:

"4-2-1 will get you a little bit better torque in the midrange.

4-1 will serve you better in the top end."

Also, don't expect a huge gain in power. And they work well with turbos as well

Last edited:
The numbers just mean the number of pipes. 4-2-1 starts off with 4, converges to 2, ends with 1 before the cat. Same concept with 4-1.

Taken from Honda-Tech:

"4-2-1 will get you a little bit better torque in the midrange.

4-1 will serve you better in the top end."

Also, don't expect a huge gain in power. And they work well with turbos as well
I figured. Thanks for the input. 

I figured. Thanks for the input. 
 Yep. Are you planning on putting headers on your car? Also, what car do you have
nerd.gif

I change my mind about my next car every 3 weeks for guys that finance a car for 5 years or whatever do you ever wish you got a different car? Sorry if this thread was more for informational talk.

thinking about this exhaust... any opinions? i dont like how borla/flowmaster sounds. magnaflow has good exhaust systems too but this one sounds bad as hell to me

Hey guys, I drive a 2007 VW GTI , it has just under 75k and i was at the dealer and they told me my transmission is buster... they haven't told me how much its going to cost me , any ideas on how much its going to hurt my wallet? 

Yep. Are you planning on putting headers on your car? Also, what car do you have
nerd.gif
His car is gonna sound like a jet plane.
laugh.gif

Headers are loud man. If you are gonna just do an I/E/H bolt on setup, dont even bother with headers. It likely wont do much performance wise either.

His car is gonna sound like a jet plane. :lol:

Headers are loud man. If you are gonna just do an I/E/H bolt on setup, dont even bother with headers. It likely wont do much performance wise either.

Depends on the car, some cars have really restrictive headers and if you put some aftermarket ones on it really lets the car breathe easier thus creating more power. And yes, they are loud. Was gonna throw longtube headers on my 02 Mustang GT but living in Cali i didn't want to attract more attention to my car from the cops, would of failed smog too.

Hey guys, I drive a 2007 VW GTI , it has just under 75k and i was at the dealer and they told me my transmission is buster... they haven't told me how much its going to cost me , any ideas on how much its going to hurt my wallet? 

All depends, are they replacing it with a brand new one, used, are they gonna rebuild it, etc? See if you can find a reputable transmission shop in your area that services your car. Dealership will have a field day with this since it's a ****** job. If you do find a shop they may be able to rebuild your current one or if you absolutely need a new one you can possibly get a used one from a junk yard. Than again it might be hard to find since its a 2007 VW, still basically a new car and isn't as common as your typical Honda, Chevy, etc. Good luck.

Last edited:

The stealership is gonna bust you over the head, check every mechanic shop available in your area before you agree, where are you located ?

It's gonna cost a minimum of 2k. Sell the car before the warranty expires on the replacement/repair UNLESS you get it done at the stealership, which will cost ya. Even then you might be better off getting rid of it.

Depends on the car, some cars have really restrictive headers and if you put some aftermarket ones on it really lets the car breathe easier thus creating more power. And yes, they are loud. Was gonna throw longtube headers on my 02 Mustang GT but living in Cali i didn't want to attract more attention to my car from the cops, would of failed smog too.
Its nothing without a tune. You can throw it on a dyno before/after headers and it wont be different.

Its nothing without a tune. You can throw it on a dyno before/after headers and it wont be different.
 This. Most people put on Intake, Headers, Exhaust to get more "performance" out of their car and yet neglec the fact that without a tune, your ECU will remap itself to stock

I change my mind about my next car every 3 weeks for guys that finance a car for 5 years or whatever do you ever wish you got a different car? Sorry if this thread was more for informational talk.

kinda regret buying my c63 right now. just saw a 2006 sl65 that was upgraded to the newer 2012 redesigned black series sl65 for a little bit more than what i bought my car for. a lot of people wouldn't buy a car like that, but there's no way i could ever afford a real sl65 black series in the next decade or so so that would have been realy nice to have...i mean it's still an sl65 so win win either way. i'll just keep telling myself that it wouldn't have been a realistic daily driver :rolleyes

It's gonna cost a minimum of 2k. Sell the car before the warranty expires on the replacement/repair UNLESS you get it done at the stealership, which will cost ya. Even then you might be better off getting rid of it.
The warranty just ran out in june...

vwvortex is def the best place to go. I'm sure there's someone there who had the same situation as yourself

The dealer said they are in contact with VW to see if they will fix it for free, a 2007 with 75k and is an automatic shouldnt have the transmission die, im praying they do it for free

Anyone have experience with a leaky Mercedes sunroof?

My regular mechanic doesn't work German often and tried a basic seal, but that didn't solve the problem.

Back
Top Bottom