The Official College Thread Vol. Best College Thread Ever!!!!!

any of you change your majors? i assume plenty of you did but does that set you back from graduating int he typical 4 years?
i committed yesterday to the university of oklahoma in business but i can see myself switched to an engineering major or even law.

school me on law school?

There is no "pre law"major. If you want to go to law school take a major where you can get the BEST POSSIBLE GRADES and maybe throw in a few classes on formal logic.

Law school only cares about numbers. Unless you cured cancer or landed on the moon they do not care what you did in undergrad.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Yo, for those of you looking for that scholarship money and a leg up on your opponents, hit me up. I have access to the test banks and solutions manuals for almost every university/college course. It's very helpful IF your prof uses the text book to teach and takes his questions from the text books test bank. If the prof does not, all this is good for is the best study guide. PM me.
Good looks
pimp.gif
....Anybody take a foreign language course in college? What recourses did you use to fully comprehend the language?

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Yo, for those of you looking for that scholarship money and a leg up on your opponents, hit me up. I have access to the test banks and solutions manuals for almost every university/college course. It's very helpful IF your prof uses the text book to teach and takes his questions from the text books test bank. If the prof does not, all this is good for is the best study guide. PM me.
Good looks
pimp.gif
....Anybody take a foreign language course in college? What recourses did you use to fully comprehend the language?

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

any of you change your majors? i assume plenty of you did but does that set you back from graduating int he typical 4 years?
i committed yesterday to the university of oklahoma in business but i can see myself switched to an engineering major or even law.

school me on law school?
There is no "pre law"major. If you want to go to law school take a major where you can get the BEST POSSIBLE GRADES and maybe throw in a few classes on formal logic.

Law school only cares about numbers. Unless you cured cancer or landed on the moon they do not care what you did in undergrad.

Exactly what he said.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

school me on law school?

Exactly what he said.

Any ideas on how to simply choose a major?....I'm a senior and will soon graduate and I'm just so lost

Any ideas on how to simply choose a major?....I'm a senior and will soon graduate and I'm just so lost

^just curious but how are you going to graduate soon if you haven't picked a major? Do you have enough classes in a specific major to graduate? At this point it seems like you should start eyeing graduate school instead of spending more $$ on undergrad.

^just curious but how are you going to graduate soon if you haven't picked a major? Do you have enough classes in a specific major to graduate? At this point it seems like you should start eyeing graduate school instead of spending more $$ on undergrad.

Originally Posted by geezythagreat

dont get friday classes

Real damn talk.  I just finished my freshman year, so any incoming freshmen hit me for advice.

Originally Posted by geezythagreat

dont get friday classes

Real damn talk.  I just finished my freshman year, so any incoming freshmen hit me for advice.

Originally Posted by vSlackin

google "top paying majors degrees out of college" and start from the top of the list and go down until you see something that interests you. from there, find a school that is known for that major and do your best to get that degree and profit. also you might want to look at the courses required for the major of your interest, you might be interested in math but when you want a math degree they make you take some science courses as well, so look into that.

some people go straight into what they love to do and some people go straight for the money. do what you think is best for you in the long run.

i wish someone told me this when i was a senior in high school.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by vSlackin

google "top paying majors degrees out of college" and start from the top of the list and go down until you see something that interests you. from there, find a school that is known for that major and do your best to get that degree and profit. also you might want to look at the courses required for the major of your interest, you might be interested in math but when you want a math degree they make you take some science courses as well, so look into that.

some people go straight into what they love to do and some people go straight for the money. do what you think is best for you in the long run.

i wish someone told me this when i was a senior in high school.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Originally Posted by SCuse7

is moving off campus to a house or a apartment better then the on campus life?
Depends if you're a first year or a third-year. Are you trying to meet people or getting your stuff together (focused more so academically due to lack of time).
If you're transferring to the university as a third year, go for on campus housing you meet more people that way. It's a bit more difficult having an off campus house and apartment unless you already know folks before entering your university. If you need to get your stuff together, then being off campus will be fine.

However if you're a first year student, I believe it's absolutely necessary to be on campus. Unless the university is literally across the street (can be considered off campus housing) I would still opt for going into the dorms. You'll always have people around, plenty to experience and lots of networking opportunities 
pimp.gif

Hope this helps.
yup, unless you already know a TON of people, do NOT live off campus, its +++#%@+ horrible
tired.gif

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Originally Posted by SCuse7

is moving off campus to a house or a apartment better then the on campus life?
Depends if you're a first year or a third-year. Are you trying to meet people or getting your stuff together (focused more so academically due to lack of time).
If you're transferring to the university as a third year, go for on campus housing you meet more people that way. It's a bit more difficult having an off campus house and apartment unless you already know folks before entering your university. If you need to get your stuff together, then being off campus will be fine.

However if you're a first year student, I believe it's absolutely necessary to be on campus. Unless the university is literally across the street (can be considered off campus housing) I would still opt for going into the dorms. You'll always have people around, plenty to experience and lots of networking opportunities 
pimp.gif

Hope this helps.
yup, unless you already know a TON of people, do NOT live off campus, its +++#%@+ horrible
tired.gif

I'm a Sophomore and I live off-campus but it's only about a 15 minute walk to campus (only because it's uphill it's about a 45 second car drive). I kinda' regret it. I enjoyed living on campus freshman year but wanted a place to throw parties at so me and my boy moved off campus. It's been fun but I feel like I would have met more people had I lived on campus another year. Oh well.

I'm a Sophomore and I live off-campus but it's only about a 15 minute walk to campus (only because it's uphill it's about a 45 second car drive). I kinda' regret it. I enjoyed living on campus freshman year but wanted a place to throw parties at so me and my boy moved off campus. It's been fun but I feel like I would have met more people had I lived on campus another year. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Originally Posted by natelav129

West Georgia NT'ers?

Georgia State, but i know a ton of homies from hs that go there......
I might be attending GA State.

Georgia State > West Georgia ....better school, better women, better parties, etc.

I just finished my sophomore year at Georgia State and all I have to say is TIME MANAGEMENT!

You will be in the heart of Atlanta so there will always be something going on. Don't get caught up in the life and forget about school.

Oh yea, and join a promo team.....partying for free FTW!

Originally Posted by natelav129

West Georgia NT'ers?

Georgia State, but i know a ton of homies from hs that go there......
I might be attending GA State.

Georgia State > West Georgia ....better school, better women, better parties, etc.

I just finished my sophomore year at Georgia State and all I have to say is TIME MANAGEMENT!

You will be in the heart of Atlanta so there will always be something going on. Don't get caught up in the life and forget about school.

Oh yea, and join a promo team.....partying for free FTW!

Back
Top Bottom