The Official College Thread Vol. Best College Thread Ever!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hop

How many of you guys stayed on campus?
nerd.gif

Any tips on dealing with crap roommates, meals, etc...?
No roommate issues and I am two years in *knocks on wood*. But one thing I learn from meals is that if it is not discounted, do not buy too much of it. My school has "points" which is just really money. Seen people who bought items that do not get a reduce price end up going broke in 3-4 months since they buy it too often. Also another piece of advice is that make sure you know if you are attending the main campus of the college or a branch campus. If you do get accepted to a branch campus do your research about the campus. People at my school who give tours about the campus do not tell you the truth about going to this place
tired.gif
. Had to go through two years of a branch campus and some of my most boring days has happen.   

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Originally Posted by Hop

nerd.gif

No roommate issues and I am two years in *knocks on wood*. But one thing I learn from meals is that if it is not discounted, do not buy too much of it. My school has "points" which is just really money. Seen people who bought items that do not get a reduce price end up going broke in 3-4 months since they buy it too often. Also another piece of advice is that make sure you know if you are attending the main campus of the college or a branch campus. If you do get accepted to a branch campus do your research about the campus. People at my school who give tours about the campus do not tell you the truth about going to this place
tired.gif
. Had to go through two years of a branch campus and some of my most boring days has happen.   
Their job isn't to tell you the truth. Its to market the university in a positive light. Its recommended to spend a weekend there on your own if you know someone there to get a real feel of the college.

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Originally Posted by Hop

nerd.gif

tired.gif
Their job isn't to tell you the truth. Its to market the university in a positive light. Its recommended to spend a weekend there on your own if you know someone there to get a real feel of the college.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

Dude, if you do all this and get anything below a B, heck B+, something is wrong with you. This is far and beyond what most college students do. Going to every class and doing average work basically guarantees at least a B- unless it's a REALLY hard class.
You must be a business major or something your not biochem i can tell you that.
Majors: Biology, Biochemistry, Pre-dentistry

Minors: Math, Spanish, Chemistry

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln

If you have any questions for me ask away.  And yes my majors do require a lot of studying.

Most college classes are curved to at least a B-. If you go to every class and do the average amount of work (again, average), you will most likely be at the top half of the curve. If you go to office hours and study what you don't know hard, how the *%%@ wouldn't you be doing better than most people in the class? You're notgoing to office hours unprepared. That's implicit. This man said having a great work ethic guarantees a C in college! C! That's crazy.Guarantee your college's average GPA isn't below a 2 and I guarantee all these people don't go to every class, don't study what they don't know hard, and don't go to office hours regularly.

3 majors and 3 minors... only in Nebraska
laugh.gif
Only in Nebraska?  Actually its because transferring schools set me back a year so if im in school for 5 years anyways I figure I might as well strengthen my application.   (And who wouldnt want to be here for the first season of NEBRASKA in the big 10) Curving has only happened in one of my classes physics.  Currently in one of my classes microbiology the class average is a 70 percent.  That means that the average of the class wont get credit and about half are failing.  He says he is not going to curve the class.  With half of the 200 kids in the class pre-med I would say that this is the hardest class I have taken so far.  Overall I would say that every class is different.  In one of my other classes I have 160/150 points right now and the only thing I have done is shown up for class and the tests.  Some classes will require an immense amount of work and some wont.
One more suggestion that I have for incoming students is to not depend on ratemyprofessor.  I would find people in your area of study and get a list of the easy profs and the ones to stay away from.  And if its gen eds that you are taking then ask your friends who are in that major they will know the good professors.  I would say that rate my professor is unreliable because most of the time people just go on there to complain and they could actually be terrible students. 

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

Dude, if you do all this and get anything below a B, heck B+, something is wrong with you. This is far and beyond what most college students do. Going to every class and doing average work basically guarantees at least a B- unless it's a REALLY hard class.
You must be a business major or something your not biochem i can tell you that.
Majors: Biology, Biochemistry, Pre-dentistry

Minors: Math, Spanish, Chemistry

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln

If you have any questions for me ask away.  And yes my majors do require a lot of studying.

Most college classes are curved to at least a B-. If you go to every class and do the average amount of work (again, average), you will most likely be at the top half of the curve. If you go to office hours and study what you don't know hard, how the *%%@ wouldn't you be doing better than most people in the class? You're notgoing to office hours unprepared. That's implicit. This man said having a great work ethic guarantees a C in college! C! That's crazy.Guarantee your college's average GPA isn't below a 2 and I guarantee all these people don't go to every class, don't study what they don't know hard, and don't go to office hours regularly.

3 majors and 3 minors... only in Nebraska
laugh.gif
Only in Nebraska?  Actually its because transferring schools set me back a year so if im in school for 5 years anyways I figure I might as well strengthen my application.   (And who wouldnt want to be here for the first season of NEBRASKA in the big 10) Curving has only happened in one of my classes physics.  Currently in one of my classes microbiology the class average is a 70 percent.  That means that the average of the class wont get credit and about half are failing.  He says he is not going to curve the class.  With half of the 200 kids in the class pre-med I would say that this is the hardest class I have taken so far.  Overall I would say that every class is different.  In one of my other classes I have 160/150 points right now and the only thing I have done is shown up for class and the tests.  Some classes will require an immense amount of work and some wont.
One more suggestion that I have for incoming students is to not depend on ratemyprofessor.  I would find people in your area of study and get a list of the easy profs and the ones to stay away from.  And if its gen eds that you are taking then ask your friends who are in that major they will know the good professors.  I would say that rate my professor is unreliable because most of the time people just go on there to complain and they could actually be terrible students. 

I agree with buddy who said "always have a DD"

My roommate/cousin is 23 is about to graduate with me May 14th......BUT...Has 2 DUI's under his belt already
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
... IT AINT WORTH IT!!!

-Don't procrastinate (currently procrastinating on finishing my final project, but I'm a senior so I don't give a %+!+  
smokin.gif
 )
-Set up boundaries with ya roommate asap...They may seem cool as hell from the jump, but as the semester wears on they'll try and do things to test their powers...let em knw the dealio before it gets outta hand

-If the opportunity presents itself to go out of state, JUMP ON IT. Best decision I ever made, builds character in you, helps you mature a lot faster and get acclimated to what life is going to be like for the rest of your life post-college and living with your parents.

-Smash ho's...but becareful who.

-Meet a lot of people

-Take advantage of the gym (something I didnt do 
grin.gif
 )

-Move off campus if you could like sophmore/junior year....!+#*% the best 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't believe tomorrow marks my last week of my college career 
embarassed.gif
, Get In do your work and Get Out Fellas... (and Ladies of course 
smokin.gif
) I got in at 18 and i'll be leaving at 21...focus on what you have to do and everything else will come in life...

Good Luck Yall

I agree with buddy who said "always have a DD"

My roommate/cousin is 23 is about to graduate with me May 14th......BUT...Has 2 DUI's under his belt already
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
... IT AINT WORTH IT!!!

-Don't procrastinate (currently procrastinating on finishing my final project, but I'm a senior so I don't give a %+!+  
smokin.gif
 )
-Set up boundaries with ya roommate asap...They may seem cool as hell from the jump, but as the semester wears on they'll try and do things to test their powers...let em knw the dealio before it gets outta hand

-If the opportunity presents itself to go out of state, JUMP ON IT. Best decision I ever made, builds character in you, helps you mature a lot faster and get acclimated to what life is going to be like for the rest of your life post-college and living with your parents.

-Smash ho's...but becareful who.

-Meet a lot of people

-Take advantage of the gym (something I didnt do 
grin.gif
 )

-Move off campus if you could like sophmore/junior year....!+#*% the best 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't believe tomorrow marks my last week of my college career 
embarassed.gif
, Get In do your work and Get Out Fellas... (and Ladies of course 
smokin.gif
) I got in at 18 and i'll be leaving at 21...focus on what you have to do and everything else will come in life...

Good Luck Yall

i'm having a huge dilemma for college right now. i'm in my sophmore year and i am a physical education major. i like phys ed and all that stuff but i'm really scared that i will graduate and not have a job or have a job that has too low of a salary. i'm considering changing my major to applied mathematics or maybe computer science since i'm pretty good at math and the classes seem interesting.

so whats a better road to take?

continue doing phys ed cause i really enjoy exercise and being active but have a low pay and risk not getting a job in this economy or switch majors to hopefully get a job with a better salary and do something that i don't really have a passion for?

i'm having a huge dilemma for college right now. i'm in my sophmore year and i am a physical education major. i like phys ed and all that stuff but i'm really scared that i will graduate and not have a job or have a job that has too low of a salary. i'm considering changing my major to applied mathematics or maybe computer science since i'm pretty good at math and the classes seem interesting.

continue doing phys ed cause i really enjoy exercise and being active but have a low pay and risk not getting a job in this economy or switch majors to hopefully get a job with a better salary and do something that i don't really have a passion for?

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

Going to UCI (Irvine) Fall 2011.  Cannot wait!

All I can say is... prepare for dance teams and Biology/Engineering classes (things UCI is known for according to my friends) 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
But I can answer general questions about UCs and State Universities within California, to the best of my ability.

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

Going to UCI (Irvine) Fall 2011.  Cannot wait!

All I can say is... prepare for dance teams and Biology/Engineering classes (things UCI is known for according to my friends) 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
But I can answer general questions about UCs and State Universities within California, to the best of my ability.

Originally Posted by diew its james

You could always declare your major to be Physical Therapy. Combine your love of exercise with a job that pays well. Seeing that you completed sophomore year, most of your prereqs should be completed already. Speak to the PT department of your school, the school that its in and if your GPA is good enough, transfer into that school. You may have to stay an extra year though.

Originally Posted by diew its james

You could always declare your major to be Physical Therapy. Combine your love of exercise with a job that pays well. Seeing that you completed sophomore year, most of your prereqs should be completed already. Speak to the PT department of your school, the school that its in and if your GPA is good enough, transfer into that school. You may have to stay an extra year though.

its about time we got one of these
pimp.gif
Im finishing up at the community college and will be applying to CSUN (California State University Northridge) for spring 12'

pimp.gif
Im finishing up at the community college and will be applying to CSUN (California State University Northridge) for spring 12'

give equal amount in all your classes

have atleast 3 options of something to smash

depends on your school and what size the dorm is..your shoeboxes will fill up the room so make space

go to free events..free food, t-shirts, and all the chicks go to them

sweats and hoodies will become your bestfriend

give equal amount in all your classes

have atleast 3 options of something to smash

depends on your school and what size the dorm is..your shoeboxes will fill up the room so make space

go to free events..free food, t-shirts, and all the chicks go to them

sweats and hoodies will become your bestfriend

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

pimp.gif

Yo what community college? Im  applying to csun and berkely
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

pimp.gif

Yo what community college? Im  applying to csun and berkely
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom