****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

Just bought some Space Jams that were slightly yellow, off a fellow NT'er:

14162hk.jpg

Seaglowed them today, all day:

14162qu.jpg

Ok....it's been proven that it works but I would like to know if anyone out there is willing to sell me a bottle.... it seems us Canadians ALWAYS get the short end of the stick so let me make this clear.... I want to purchase the bottle from you...I'll pay the shipping but I want it for retail...not 5 etra for gas and all that crap An Nter already took money from me and never sent anything so please help me out PM me or better yet just e-mail me @: [email protected]
Thanks
"Always borrow money from a pessimist cuz they won't expect you to pay it back...."

For the guys that have used bar keepers friend, how long are you letting the paste sit on the mesh before you wash it off? So far, i've worked on 1 shoe and done bar keepers twice on it.(I'm working on Concords) I made a nice thick paste and scrubbed it in good and immediately washed it off. While I've seen some improvement, it's not near what I expected or near as good as some of the pictures i've seen. Any input would be appreciated

AC

I ordered some Sea Glow from "willis9097" ISLAND GIRL Restoration Products on EBAY shipped to CANADA
and it arrived in 3 days. gonna give my concords a try

Since vaious peoples experience with both bar keeper's friend and Sea glow are different I think that the title of this thread should be switched to "Anti-Yellowing Methods" or "Removing Yellowing INFORMATION" because really if someone were to market BAr keeper's friend as an "OFFICIAL" cure I would've at least tried to sue them for the non/negative effects of it's use on my concord's.

Also even before I even tried BKF I read that a few other people's cincird's had dark spots appear.

Also technically BKF doesn't make your mesh white it just covers it up.

And secondly I've also read many comments on how people have used SEA GLOW on thier XI soles and left them out for hours and have not recieved any results.
[/b]
Click HERE
Graphite XIV DS 10.5 $110 Shipped​

does this work with airmaxes too? or will BKF melt the mesh toe box?
WANTED: af1 linens, af1 shrooms, COF "san frans" (sz 7)
supreme high "orange", supreme blazers "black" (sz 8)

I just wanted to make a couple recommendations for using bar keepers (at least on Concords) because thats what I used it on. I found after rinsing the BKF off the shoe (holding it upside down) to minimize any water inside the shoe, that taking a dry towel and patting it on the mesh to remove as much excess water as possible seemed to help, not only with making them dry quicker, but also minimizing the chances of "bleeding" from the black collar material or black patent. Another thing, when drying, I found it best not to expose the shoes to any kind of heat. That means, don't even sit them outside to dry. Just let them sit in your cool house. The heat I believe seems to fascilitate bleeding on the mesh. If you do get any bleeding, which I did get a little of on my second shoe (the one I sat outside to dry) the bleeding can be removed, albeit with quite a bit of "elbow grease"...lol i'll be posting pictures soon of both finished shoes.

AC

Time for me to tell a story so no one else thinks as stupid as I do.

So I have a pair of DS Cool Grey XIs...

Just like KKJordan23 did, I mixed Sea Glow and water... 1:1 ratio.

I never took a pic of 'em before I applied Sea Glow,

But here's a pic of 'em in semi-lighting after 1 day of Sea Glow [2:00 PM - 7:00 PM, applied 3 coats]:

155ti13.jpg

Here's a better lit pic of 'em but not in direct lighting:

155tl5t.jpg

I wanted to do it again... 'cause I wanted them to look like this:

155tquq.jpg

So... I tried to do it. For caution and paranoia like everyone else,

I also taped the portions where the sole and midole meets, and even where the midsole and patent upper meet:

1563b80.jpg

I even pressed hard on the tape into the crevices of the soles and into the areas of the sole/midsole/upper.

2:30 PM - 7:30 PM, I applied 4 - 5 coats of Sea Glow I believe.

You would think with all my prepping and precaution, these things would be flawless, right?

God, was I wrong... I hate myself.

All because I wanted my CG XIs to look as icy as that old Kicksology pic... Here are the consequences I face.

Glue breaking apart and deteriorating:

1564yah.jpg

Left shoe... Midsole and rubber toe separating:

1565shw.jpg

Right shoe... Midsole separating:

1565xll.jpg

Glue deteriorating is actually happening around the entire shoe sadly,

And those parts where the midsole is separating can be stretched out real far,

but I'm obviously not gonna do it just for pics to show you guys... Just take my word for it.

Moral of the story:

You can't always have everything you want... Be thankful that your clear soles are as icy as they are,

'Cause you should always remember there's some bastard out there

who's less fortunate with soles more yellow than your piss after a can of soda.

FOR SALE/TRADE: Flint Grey VIIs (Size 9.5) or for trade with a (Size 9),
'06 Sheed AF1s (Size 9), Foot Patrol Air Stabs (Size 8),
LA Map AF1s (Size 8.5), COF Hype AF1s (Size 8.5), the DMP (Size 8),
and LA Map / Kobe Huarache 2K5s (Size 13)...
WANTED: CrisONE's DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE! Tee (Black/Purple) in Size XL!!

Uh just to let you know that you messed up by mixing sea glow with water!!! Water inactivates sea glow and thus the reason why you have no results. Also you have to wipe around the sole with water to inactivate the seaglow so it doesnt cause the glue to break down.

Back
Top Bottom