THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

airborne aquarium.

pimp.gif

Probably the best track 
pimp.gif

i reallllly like this dude, he's super lyrical....wiz can learn more then a few things.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i dunno his story too well though, what happened between him and lil wayne?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i reallllly like this dude, he's super lyrical....wiz can learn more then a few things.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

wayne wasnt letting him do him

they wanted currensy to rap about guns money and being hood and all that bs

plus they kept pushing his album back. so currensy took it upon himself to boss up and do his own thing. so he got on his grind dropped a thousand mixtapes. thee end

more to it but yeah cliff notes version

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Album delays... no shine... same old bs

http://www.amazon.com/Mus...p/B000J233OY/ref=mb_oe_a
tired.gif
kinda like da current roster of young money
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

naw but to be fair birdman and lil wayne lets da entire young money/cash money members do them...i dunno how curren$y didn't feel like he couldn't

do exactly what he doing now except do it under da young money umbrella...i mean he's droppin mixtapes and doing shows..he could've benefited

from da branding/cosignin of being on a click.

naa he was always that N that did songs with wayne, he would of always been in his shadow. probably would of ended up being a mack maine. drop a mixtape every once a while/run lil wayne errands/never drop a album in this lifetime.

and to mention it lil wayne was jocking currensy style the whole time he was with them.

kinda like da current roster of young money
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

naw but to be fair birdman and lil wayne lets da entire young money/cash money members do them...i dunno how curren$y didn't feel like he couldn't

do exactly what he doing now except do it under da young money umbrella...i mean he's droppin mixtapes and doing shows..he could've benefited

from da branding/cosignin of being on a click.

"..thought the album was comin after 'Where Da Cash At'.."

Again, Curren$y has dropped 4 albums (come next week) now since leaving YM where he never dropped.  Jets International is his brand and it is gaining momentum.  He did benefit from YM by gaining more fans but he wasn't eating...

Simple as that

^Not to mention, YMCM aint really start to bubble til last year & this year.
Curren$y was wit them when Remy Ma was still hot, some 3-4 years ago, way before C3 even.

Surprised his past 2 efforts didn't have any Wiz on em, not so much as a hook at least. Dudes make dope music together.

We need How Fly II.

But wow, I didn't even get past the first track of Pilot Talk I, so I was really iffy about this one.

Glad to know that this one is dope as hell.

i always thought example was a bad way to start off pilot talk lol. i had a feeling his opening track for pt2 would be way harder, and it was

Pilot talk 1 was better to me, there are more memorable songs (audio dope II, roasted, chilled coughphee etc) but pt2 has a lot of the similar guitar sounds and such. Still a great cd nonetheless but as of now I like the first pt better

The keys on "silence" are soooo cold
pimp.gif

probably cause most of pt1 was out before it leaked.

might take a while for it to grew on you.

Originally Posted by Xavier

naa he was always that N that did songs with wayne, he would of always been in his shadow. probably would of ended up being a mack maine. drop a mixtape every once a while/run lil wayne errands/never drop a album in this lifetime.

and to mention it lil wayne was jocking currensy style the whole time he was with them.
true....word to pippen always being neglected statwise because he was rockin wit jordan

but then again i think he stepped off da elevator before it reached da top floor...and he's rising on his own no doubt, but he's doing it by going up da steps now.

cuz mack maine is definitely not seeing curren$y bars rise...

He did benefit from YM by gaining more fans but he wasn't eating...

Simple as that

i think he was eatin $$ wise but was stifled creativewise....

Originally Posted by Gordonson

We need How Fly II.

But wow, I didn't even get past the first track of Pilot Talk I, so I was really iffy about this one.

Glad to know that this one is dope as hell.
I may be the ONLY Wiz & Spitta fan that did not care for How Fly that much.  Only tracks I took from that tape was Car Service, S.D.L., In The Middle, Surface to Air.

Based on Huey Newton, I fear that Curren$y will dumb it down to not *$#% on Wiz all over the tape.  If we get Prioritize, Breakfast, 187 on a.., Life Under the Scope type tracks then I'd be all for it.  I just dont think Wiz is capable but I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong..

Originally Posted by Xavier

true....word to pippen always being neglected statwise because he was rockin wit jordan

but then again i think he stepped off da elevator before it reached da top floor...and he's rising on his own no doubt, but he's doing it by going up da steps now.

cuz mack maine is definitely not seeing curren$y bars rise...

He did benefit from YM by gaining more fans but he wasn't eating...

Simple as that
i think he was eatin $$ wise but was stifled creativewise....

i see your point ninjahood

sorta like drake under wayne right now, you know he signed to young money just to get his name out there more.
in a couple of more years u know drake is going to bounce and do his own thing.

and i agree he was good money wise but wayne wanted him to be a studio gangster. thats not currensy lol

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Surprised his past 2 efforts didn't have any Wiz on em, not so much as a hook at least. Dudes make dope music together.
From what I understand, Wiz was suppose to be on Seat Change, thought I even heard it on one of those Wake & Bake vids or whatever they're called. But yeah I'm surprised he isn't on EITHER album also.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

jive or whatever label wiz is on is blocking him from being on the albums

Atlantic.

I kinda feel like Wiz is on a decline though... I'd like a hook, but not a verse. idk why... Maybe i just listened to Wiz too much the past year

im glad wiz isnt on the album. dude is boring, not deep at all and uses the same rhymes over and over and over... old wiz was lyrcial but dude found a niche with stoners

Back
Top Bottom