THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

pimp.gif

where can i cop tickets to the Jet Life tour in LA at the El Rey?? is there a certain site yall are picking up your tickets at??

Originally Posted by Dunk These

where can i cop tickets to the Jet Life tour in LA at the El Rey?? is there a certain site yall are picking up your tickets at??

I don't think any tickets have been released yet.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by Dunk These

I don't think any tickets have been released yet.
they drop on the el rey website on the 26th.

that cookin soul mixtape is dope...
On his Covert Coup EP with The Alchemist

“I got to know Alchemist through beats. I reached out to him on Twitter about some beats. When I went to L.A. to finish the Warner Brothers Deal, I went to Al’s studio, and that was the first time I met him. We were on the same page. We were just in there rolling up, smoking, and I felt like I was around somebody I had been around forever.

“It was a good time, we got a lot of same !! in common. [In the studio] there was like four or five hours of !!ery. Just a lot of rambling, because it’s two high people. A lot of talking about missile silos and being safe in case there was any type of civil unrest, that kinda stuff because you gotta be prepared for anything. We were drinking a lot of triple ginger, apple, lemon juice. Some kind of crazy concentrate that you’re supposed to mix with water but we were drinking it straight.

“Once we recorded a song, I wanted to give it away on the Internet. And he was like, ‘Let’s record a backup record so that we still have one.’ Then it was like, ‘Wait, let’s keep that one and record another one.’ And it grew into, ‘Okay, I’ll come back tomorrow and knock out four more joints.’ One day in New York at Stadium Red, we did two more. And the next thing you know we had ten records and a project.

“When you’re friends with somebody you gotta figure out how you’re gonna pick some money up with them. He’s my friend, he understood what I was trying to do. And I was able to convey to him that what I was trying to do could be done more effectively with his beats. And he believed in what I was trying to do so much, he knew if that was what was going to put it at this level, then here you go. That was an alley-oop right there. Everybody in the industry knows how much an Alchemist beat costs. To get a double digit number of Alchemist beats for free is a sacrifice made.

“We’re putting it out for free on April 20, a little 4:20 thing. We just can’t call it a mixtape because it’s all original music. Smoke DZA, Fiend, and Freddie Gibbs are all on there. It’s just ten records, more of the same of what I do. I want to release an instrumental version too. I think Alchemist needs to put those beats out.

Looking forward to all of his upcoming projects. Definitely going to be a good year for music.

He didn't speak on How Fly 2...

Back
Top Bottom