the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

Originally Posted by amel223

I'll admit it...Floyd is the bigger draw...

The word is still getting out on Pacquiao with non-filipino Americans. But it is getting out...

This was a conversation my sister said she overheard at school (white and spanish ppl talking):

"So did anyone watch the Pacquiao-Cotto fight last night?"

"Cotto - who?"

"Pacquiao-Cotto."

"Na...Cotto must've owned the new guy though."

"New guy? He TKO'ed DLH and he knocked out Hatton. And he just owned Cotto."

[Group of ppl just silent for a moment, then one person speaks up] "Really? Wow I never heard of him."

"You must not have filipino friends
laugh.gif
"

The casual boxing fan is still unaware of this dude. He's like the boxing equivalent of Brandon Roy. Smh. I bet the casual boxing fan know who Mayweather is and it's a shame. Pac's camp needs to start promoting this guy hardbody this shouldn't be the case by now.

If someone has never even heard about Pacquiao by now then they have obviously been living under a rock
laugh.gif
. From around my way more people knew about Cotto after the fight.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by Informerx

Originally Posted by you go boy

mayweather has more to lose than manny thats for sure... but i still think if this fight were to happen PBF will win this... he will not get into a brawl which manny wants and is good at it... PBF willl win on a decision and get off on points.... he will go the 12 rounds and outbox manny.... manny will throw more munches but floyd will land more punches.... this guys D is impeccable and will win that way... hes not going to go punch for punch with manny if thats what your expecting... all PBF cares about is coming out flawless and winning...he will go the 12 rounds and play serious D on manny and counter punch.... this guy mayweather knows what hes doing... he doesnt need a knockout to win as long as he wins its all good which he will do.....

You said the same thing over and over in different wording.

laugh.gif

that post looks like one of my exam answer papers from back in the day
smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Barry (London)

Any truth to the rumor that Mayweather wants to take a stay-busy fight before May? The British press says he has a date to fight here next year, with nameslike Matthew Hatton being tossed around. But that cannot possibly be correct, can it?

Dan Rafael (1:39 PM)

There isn't going to be an interim fight. Stop with that nonsense. Pacquiao-Mayweather is going to be negotiated to be the next fight for both men

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

mayweather has more to lose than manny thats for sure... but i still think if this fight were to happen PBF will win this... he will not get into a brawl which manny wants and is good at it... PBF willl win on a decision and get off on points.... he will go the 12 rounds and outbox manny.... manny will throw more munches but floyd will land more punches.... this guys D is impeccable and will win that way... hes not going to go punch for punch with manny if thats what your expecting... all PBF cares about is coming out flawless and winning...he will go the 12 rounds and play serious D on manny and counter punch.... this guy mayweather knows what hes doing... he doesnt need a knockout to win as long as he wins its all good which he will do.....

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Homeboy wrote his response using a telegraph.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Barry (London)

Any truth to the rumor that Mayweather wants to take a stay-busy fight before May? The British press says he has a date to fight here next year, with names like Matthew Hatton being tossed around. But that cannot possibly be correct, can it?

There isn't going to be an interim fight. Stop with that nonsense. Pacquiao-Mayweather is going to be negotiated to be the next fight for both men

I've heard May 1st, 2010

I'll be 26 that night

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

He has a far less impressive PPV history which is the sole basis of the PPV split negotiations.

PPV history is used as a basis for future performance. Manny's fan base has grown exponentially since the DLH and Hatton fights and after Cotto it's not slowing down. Manny did a number bigger than anything Floyd did. So because Floyd did better numbers in the past it negates what Manny did recently? Why?

I don't really understand how it can be any clearer.

Floyd fought DLH, Hatton and JMM.

Manny fought DLH, Hatton and JMM.

Floyds fought sould almost 2 million more PPV buys than Manny did against the same fighters.

Thats all you can use to compare and make a fair assessment anything else is pure speculation. Stop being a fan for a second and use logic.

Cotto sells out MSG consistently and has his own fanbase, this was also one of the best fights that could be made in the sport and had crazy hype behind it...1.25 s good but people were predicting close to 2 million and its didn't even come close to that.

Floyd vs Cotto would have had better numbers. Floyd may have more haters than fans but both pay to see him come fight night.

HUEYP dropping knowledge
pimp.gif

i agree with everything youre saying
Mayweather is a smart smart man. He promotes a fight like no other. Part of his marketing scheme is to talk +++*. Many people hate him for that and wanna seehim get his #@# kicked, so they go pay to see the fight hoping he gets knocked on his #@#. He talks a ton of +++* that stirs things up, therefore causing moredrama/interest for the fight. It's a business! Mayweather definetly deserves more than a 50/50 split. I'm not saying something ridiculous like 65/35that was reported earlier, but a 55/45 would be fair for both sides.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Barry (London)

Any truth to the rumor that Mayweather wants to take a stay-busy fight before May? The British press says he has a date to fight here next year, with names like Matthew Hatton being tossed around. But that cannot possibly be correct, can it?

I've heard May 1st, 2010

I'll be 26 that night

laugh.gif
Old !$+.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Barry (London)

I've heard May 1st, 2010

I'll be 26 that night

laugh.gif
Old !$+.

*turns up Forever Young - BP3*

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Homeboy wrote his response using a telegraph.

i know it was kind of redundant but i just wanted to go in detail
laugh.gif

PacMan Vs Pretty Boy in JUNE 2010 would settle BEST POUND for POUND , Just need too decide PURSE & PPV Split ,@ which Weight & Gloves 8 or 10 ounces...

Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Spring 2010 is pretty much a done deal...

laugh.gif
@ all the dudes here who were eating up all of PBF's trash talk.Dude is a BUSINESS MAN. He's been hyping up the fight for weeks now. Aint no way in he.ll he was gonna turn down all that money.

laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

^ dude thought it was gonna be at msg or yankee stadium
laugh.gif
Ummm, New York New York is a hotel in vegas.

Not sure why you would book a hotel if the location hasn't been chosen (unless I've missed something).

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

^ dude thought it was gonna be at msg or yankee stadium
laugh.gif
Ummm, New York New York is a hotel in vegas.

Not sure why you would book a hotel if the location hasn't been chosen (unless I've missed something).

No weight no gloves no location chosen, from what i read

Floyd wants 10 oz and the fight @ 154 according to Freddie

Wow cannot wait for this fight. Definitely gonna be one of the biggest fightest in years possibly since the heavyweights division was big with Tyson, Lewis,Holyfield.

Back
Top Bottom