ThE Official G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie Thread vol my childhood has been DESTROYED AGAIN. March'2013

my body is ready....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by blakep267

Brought back storm shadow, hes just too bad %#! to let go. Im really pumped for this

Also helped that dude is supposedly a very big star in Korea. 
yeah...I know I've seen him somewhere.   edit: that's the guy from "I Saw the Devil"

Looks way better than the first, but I'll probably wait for this one to hit the $2 theater.   

This sequel seems more like a reboot 
laugh.gif
. Thought the 1st one was so-so as well and this trailer leads me to think the sequel will be way better than the 1st. I almost want to pretend the 1st movie never happened since this upcoming one looks promising and has a pretty good cast. 

Originally Posted by jonwin

This sequel seems more like a reboot 
laugh.gif
. Thought the 1st one was so-so as well and this trailer leads me to think the sequel will be way better than the 1st. I almost want to pretend the 1st movie never happened since this upcoming one looks promising and has a pretty good cast. 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The first one was awful, not to mention I did the double date thing to hold my friend down and my chick couldn't even speak english
30t6p3b.gif
.. Terrible all around that night. Thanks goodness I didn't spend money on that ticket though.[/color]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by RFX45

I was just watching the first one last night and there was just too many bad actors. Tatum i just terrible in delivering line, Marlon was the best actor in that bunch.

roll.gif
I mean i seen the first one but wow.... As outrageous that may sound, you're probably right

He was.  But don't discredit the man, he's legitimately put in solid performances, word to requiem.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Originally Posted by solarius49

I just dont like the scale of the action. Like in both of these they are destroying cities, i think the franchise would be better served by scaling down a little

9bbtde.jpg
  did you watch the cartoons?
Of course I did, but that doesnt change the fact that scaling back the size of the action would make the movies better. Even if Cobra was doing Al Qaeda sized attacks it would be better for the films
and knowing is half the battle

i would agree with you if the movie was plot driven and had actors that stood out for their acting, but you and i know this aint the case. This is meant as a summer time action packed blockbuster.

Ok but you gotta admit that COBRA should be shooting lasers

Based on the trailers you could assume that he does early on

@swendro they did in part one based on this trailer is hard to tell if that's going to change throughout the movie.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

So...Does Channing Tatum die in this movie? If so, I want to bring the GF to see that scene.
Don't read the spoiler unless you don't care about the plot....
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
He dies within the first 15, maybe 20 minutes. A helichopter blows him up

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

So...Does Channing Tatum die in this movie? If so, I want to bring the GF to see that scene.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
This is awesome. 
laugh.gif
 She's going to be disappointed, just like she found out Bradley Cooper was gay in Valentine's Day.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
This is awesome. 
laugh.gif
 She's going to be disappointed, just like she found out Bradley Cooper was gay in Valentine's Day.
if she is sad, you wont get any poon after the movie................dont do it bro!!!!!!!
grin.gif

I say its going to be sorry like the first one. IMO, they should either 1) follow the story line of the comic books and do a movie 2) Or just do animated version of gijoe and do it just like "G.I.JOE Resolute". If you never seen G.I.JOE Resolute you will be blown away. Its exactly to me how G.I.JOE should be done.

Well !*%# me.

[h1]Paramount delays 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' release until 2013[/h1]
By Ben Fritz and Geoff Boucher
May 23, 2012, 3:30 p.m.

Paramount Pictures has delayed the release of its sole summer action movie,"G.I. Joe: Retaliation," from June 29 until March of next year, an unexpected shift that leaves the studio without a big-budget "tentpole" hitting theaters in 2012.

The move surprised even the film's director, Jon M. Chu, who early this week still expected the movie to open next month.

In an interview Monday with The Times, the 32-year-old director expressed excitement about the impending release date and a new trailer, and sounded like a filmmaker who felt he had already cleared the toughest hurdles of post-production.

"It's been a crazy journey but we're almost there," he said. "I'm excited for people to finally see it or even finally get a glimpse. I'm really excited about it."

However, Paramount's decision is also surprising to many in the movie industry for several reasons:
  • It was done just five weeks before the film was set to hit theaters. Paramount has already spent millions on marketing and promotion touting the June 29 launch, including a Super Bowl commercial, trailers, posters, a presentation to theater owners at Cinema-Con in April and a website that now lists an incorrect opening date.
  • It leaves Paramount with an extraordinarily light release schedule in 2012. Following the decision to delay December's zombie thriller "World War Z" to next summer, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" was Paramount's only 2012 event movie with a budget of more than $100 million. The other five major studios all have several such pictures.
  • Paramount's 2013 schedule is now comparatively packed with big movies. Along with two other movies delayed from 2012, the aforementioned "World War Z" and "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters," the studio is also releasing a new "Star Trek"  and a reboot of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" animated franchise.
Studios typically try to have roughly consistent release slates each year to provide investors and parent companies with predictable costs and returns.

Paramount decided to delay "G.I. Joe" to convert it to 3-D, said a person close to the studio who was not authorized to be identified discussing the matter publicly. The conversion could help to boost box-office receipts for "Retaliation," particularly overseas, but such a decision is typically made far earlier in the production process.

In 2009, Paramount delayed the Martin Scorsese-directed thriller "Shutter Island" with about the same amount of warning. Studio Chairman Brad Grey said at the time it was a financial decision. No significant changes to the picture were made before it debuted in February of the next year to solid results.

"G.I. Joe: Retaliation," which cost about $125 million to produce and is being co-financed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Skydance Productions, is a follow-up to 2009's "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra,"  a so-so box-office performer that cost about $175 million.

Paramount executives had been optimistic the sequel would be successful, even in 3-D, because they made it for less money, while adding well-known stars Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis to the cast.

March has become a popular destination for studios looking to open tentpoles outside the summer. This year,"The Hunger Games"grossed $392 million in the U.S. and Canada after opening in March.

Next year March will also see the releases of Walt Disney Studios' "Oz: The Great and Powerful," 20th Century Fox's "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" and Warner Bros' "Jack the Giant Killer," though those pictures all open before the release of "G.I. Joe" on March 29, 2013.

Paramount is scheduled to release "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted"  in June, on behalf of DreamWorks Animation. However Paramount has no money invested in that movie's production.

http://www.latimes.com/en...20120523,0,1480806.story

Back
Top Bottom