ThE Official G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie Thread vol my childhood has been DESTROYED AGAIN. March'2013

Eh looks corny. This franchise has so much more potential smh

Last edited:
Soooo I'm guessing they decided to let Duke live?

From what they show in that trailer compared to what I've already seen

He's still dead.

I think this movie was just delayed due to The Avengers and TDKR. They can't compete with those.

I actually forgot all about this movie..

LMFAO word me too. never saw the first one, and honestly, from an action standpoint this looks fun. transformers quality story wise (not saying much)..

but the rock is that dude :pimp: his action movies have been solid imo

From what they show in that trailer compared to what I've already seen

He's still dead.

I think this movie was just delayed due to The Avengers and TDKR. They can't compete with those.
What makes you think he's still dead? I only think he's still alive because of that last little scene of the trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe there's nothing new and this movie is supposed to drop in a couple of months. Oh well, at least Cobra Commander & Storm Shadow look cool

Will prolly go see it..but there's NO HYPE on this whatsoever..the first one was trash except for Sienna Miller :evil:

Just got back from seeing it. Pretty solid, decent I though the Rock would literally be in every scene, but there was a good amount of screen time for everyone else, especially Storm Shadow and the President/Zartan.

It wasn't like the first movie, where it was designated towards kids and the studio decided to throw in some curse words and crude humor. It was straight forward good action scenes with some cheesy jokes, just how I like it. I don't go to these movies for a life changing experience. If you want that, then take your behind to church.

I saw it in 3D and it wasn't anything special. Can't believe the movie was delayed 9 or so months for that.
On a side note....There was an extended preview for Jurassic Park 3D and man I might just have to see it, it was the scene where they first encounter the T-Rex while in the Mercedes ML's in the rain, it was only a few minutes of it, but man 3D Imax will be the truth it was truly mesmerizing to see a favorite childhood film converted into Imax 3D. IMO its not a gimmick to me anymore.

And The Man of Steel Trailer, seeing it in theaters for the first time in Imax 3D with the full sound. There was something about it that felt special to me, I'm excited for it. And the Iron Man 3 trailer in 3D was so illy too.

Sorry. Didn't mean to take away from the thread topic, but man, those were definite highlights from my experience.

Oh, and Adrianne Pallicki imo, is beautiful and so is the actress that played Jinx, Elodie Yung.

Last edited:
What's the over under on how long into this movie Channing Tatum dies? When the first trailer hit you wouldn't of even thought he was a part of this movie, now the marketing has shifted to make girls interested. :smh:

What's the over under on how long into this movie Channing Tatum dies? When the first trailer hit you wouldn't of even thought he was a part of this movie, now the marketing has shifted to make girls interested. :smh:

In the original version from a year ago he dies within 15-25 minutes. I haven't seen this new cut yet so he might actually survive.

Last edited:

In the original version from a year ago he dies within 15-25 minutes. I haven't seen this new cut yet so he might actually survive.

That's what I heard as well. Did they re-shoot more scenes with him? Looking forward to watching it this weekend. I just want the memory of the last one erased from my mind :smh:

That's what I heard as well. Did they re-shoot more scenes with him? Looking forward to watching it this weekend. I just want the memory of the last one erased from my mind :smh:

Nope, according to the director, they did no reshoots. The delay was all for the 3D conversions, which I think is BS. The movie also goes right on line with what FrankMucus was saying. All you see is Tatum in the beginning and after 2 missions in the first 15-20 minutes. Boom. He Dead.

Oh, and guys, save your money, don't watch 3D. Imax? sure. But 3D/Imax3D wasn't worth it, the close quarter combat fight scenes were a mess in 3D.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom