ThE Official G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie Thread vol my childhood has been DESTROYED AGAIN. March'2013

just got back from it. I liked it alot more than the first. Good start to the pre-summer movie rush

yea channing didnt do anymore reshoots. But i think that it worked out for the better. He still cant portray a soldier. he comes off as weak next to the rock

Why did they change Snake Eyes's suit??

:x

its more reminicsent of recent suits. No more weird lips on his mask

Last edited:
this movie was corny.  Everything felt rushed.  CGI was on point, it literally looked like London was destroyed.  Saw cobra commander and immediately thought who he would ban first.
Movie is basically Transformers.  Leader kept frozen.  Break him out, proceed with plan to dominate world.  Megatron/CobraCommander escape for another movie
Also no need to stay after the credits, there is nothing

That's what I heard as well. Did they re-shoot more scenes with him? Looking forward to watching it this weekend. I just want the memory of the last one erased from my mind :smh:

Nope, according to the director, they did no reshoots. The delay was all for the 3D conversions, which I think is BS. The movie also goes right on line with what FrankMucus was saying. All you see is Tatum in the beginning and after 2 missions in the first 15-20 minutes. Boom. He Dead.

Oh, and guys, save your money, don't watch 3D. Imax? sure. But 3D/Imax3D wasn't worth it, the close quarter combat fight scenes were a mess in 3D.

just got back from it. I liked it alot more than the first. Good start to the pre-summer movie rush

yea channing didnt do anymore reshoots. But i think that it worked out for the better. He still cant portray a soldier. he comes off as weak next to the rock

Why did they change Snake Eyes's suit??

:x

its more reminicsent of recent suits. No more weird lips on his mask

Thanks for the lookout!

this movie was corny.  Everything felt rushed.  CGI was on point, it literally looked like London was destroyed.  Saw cobra commander and immediately thought who he would ban first.

I somewhat agree, way better than having everything else drag. They could've easily made this a longer movie, but didn't, they kept it under an hour and 40 minutes which isn't bad.

Typical action movie tbh. And yea, the plot is just like a TF film, I saw hints of Battleship (yea, I saw it. For free.99 though). It was straight forward for the most part...except...only part I didn't really enjoy was Storm Shadows' side/origin story, it was so random, but benefited to the story a tad bit. All in all though, pretty decent way to start off Summer Blockbuster season early.

Oh and looks like this flick is on pace for a $50 million opening weekend and had strong screening performance last night. There will be another one....

...Cobra Commander gets away and early plot points from Retaliation will show that Destro will have a bigger role next time. He was only this one for like a couple minutes./spoiler]

Movie was fun and pretty much on par w/ the cartoons far as plot
I started laughing when roadblock hit the button at the end and the satellites blew up, why would you put a self destruct in your "take over the world" machine?
laugh.gif
 I will say this tho flint brought nothing to the table and RZA should never ever ever ever ever ever get another movie role he was terrible

I this a sequel to the first one? A lot of different chracters.  

nvm I see that it is a sequel.

I had the same feeling after watching the 1st one. I remember saying this movie has a good story waay better than transformers 2. Ill probably watch the pt 2 this week.

When Snake got on the zip line during the mountainside battle scene I was like 'Sky Commanders"!!! 80's cartoon fix and all :smokin

Definitely enjoyed this one. Looking forward on how they follow this one up.

Is it possible they bring back Duke for the next movie? I mean, he did "die" and comeback in the animated movie.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it.
And I'm an 80's baby.
Had hundreds of Joe figures.

Take the movie for what it is.
A movie. Based off characters we know.
Hell, i made my own movies with the toys when I was 7-8 yrs old.

Saw this on Friday...I liked it, nothing special but I wasn't expecting an oscar nominee...great action movie and I'm not mad I spent my money on it, unlike the first one :x

This movie was dope to me.

Sure the zipline scene might have been unneccessary...but dang that was an awesome scene.

Just take it for what it is and enjoy.

The mountainside/zip line scene that I thought was an homage to another 80's cartoon (Sky Commanders), was actually from the comic book adaptation. One of my friends who followed the Marvel comic adaptation just confirmed this. I guess Chu really is a big Joe fan then.

same problem as first. writing was rushed. story development wasn't well done, and it felt like a 4 hr movie. movie was def trying to be another transformers, word to the megan fox double lol. (ill def pipe no question but :x at her pancake butt :smh: really offensive)

overall the movie failed to put together a compelling conclusion, def felt rushed, and made terrible use of cool characters.

Last edited:
seen the first one, wasn't a real big fan of it and never caught gi joe cartoons but will be catching retaliation today. kinda late but since i have nothing else to do and get free movies i might as well check it out. my biggest problem is that i dont know who the characters are :lol: :rolleyes

Last edited:
The script from Beauty and The Beast screenwriter Evan Spiliotopoulos is said to focus on the early days of the silent, masked warrior, as he attempts to join the ranks of the Ninja Clan known as Arashikage.

The Snake Eyes movie will be a part of a new shared universe, which will also incorporate other Hasbro proprieties such as Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM. Paramount has already set release dates for Micronauts(Oct. 16, 2020), Dungeons and Dragons (July 23, 2021), and an "untitled Hasbro event film" which will arrive on Oct. 1, 2021.

i had some mask toys when i was a little boy

the flying car with the blonde guy

but they should just reboot gi joe. its been way too long for anybody to actually give a **** about a spinoff or reboot

storm shadow > snake eyes

they made snake eyes so bulky in the movies

Back
Top Bottom