THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

let's do work
pimp.gif

nice win. huge game from porter and sims. took the lead and never looked back.

revenge tour 2012 continues tomorrow vs. cincy.

JT3 should never be allowed to call a timeout at the end of a game. NEVER.

Hollis, please take your talents to the NBA.

I can't remember the last good game Hollis had. He is playing terrible. NOT the right week for Jason to play like crap, either.

I do not know how you do not close that game out. It's incredible how similar that was to the first meeting.

III trying to draw up a quick score on offense is laughable..does not know anything outside of his comfort zone.. Henry/Otto bailed him out at the end of regulation and the 1OT.

What an awful loss.

a heartbreaking implosion by a team that was temporarily staved off by the efforts of one man: henry sims. hats off to him and to otto porter, who made the big jump shot after jump shot.

we had the game in the bag and two things cost us the win. the gross number of turnovers AND the complete inability to hit free throws.

i despise hollis. he's a complete waste on this team, an absolutely one-dimensional player who takes selfish, careless shots and plays NO defense. the dude is supposed to the best three point shooter in the big east and we hit like what...two 3-pointers the whole game? JTIII should have benched him in the 2nd half and subbed in lubick to help defend yancy gates, who was unstoppable in the paint.

leads to another thing. our defense was nonexistent in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd half as well as during both overtimes. couldn't secure rebounds, couldn't box out, allowed second chance points. couldn't secure a lead because of that.

clark, you were a ghost in this tournament. and your execution in the final play of 2OT was pathetic. you took 10 minutes to drive the ball. you chose to dance around and milk precious seconds off the clock and forced henry to take the long range shot. fix it.

I can't hate on Clark. The man has carried this team in so many ways this year. Early on he realized what his role was and did it beautifully.

Next time JT3 tries to call a timeout to draw a play up I want to see Othella take him out.

Allen- Do we have any PGs on the radar for next year? What is the deal with Tyler and Moses?

Also, The next time we make the front end of an important 1 & 1 will be the first. How the @$@# can this team not accomplish that when every other team can, boggles my mind.

Can live with getting outplayed..which did happen in the OT's...but that game just had no business getting to that point, this was absolutely terrible. Especially given what could have been at stake tomorrow night. Sickening.
PG..nope they turned down Semaj Christon who is now an athletic 6'3 creator (uh, exactly what  we need) and 5 star to take on DSR, who is a combo guard. This team really has no chance to create easy baskets from a PG and it's crippling. Moses supposedly is just about ready for full-contact practices, no word on Tyler. 

cincy has no chance against cuse. a friday night semifinal game against cuse would have been epic for the ages. and we let that opportunity slip away.

i feel sick.

I just finished watching the game because I had class & my recording ended after regulation
indifferent.gif
. Then I go to yahoo sports to see we lost in double ot
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. All I know is if we dnt get to @ least sweet 16 ima be hot. When the last time we won a tourney game? (although we did get matched up with vcu last year). Before that we lost to Ohio 1st round & before that I dnt remember I believe we were in NIT. I think the last time we won a tourney game was the year we lost to davidson in 2nd round. SMH.

man awful. i said it to downy and lmb after the game...y'all KNEW it was going to be some whack @$% play to get that final shot. sims (and this isn't a knock on sims, who was a monster today) for the long shot? are you kidding me? whether or not the designed play broke down or not, god damn. sims from way out is the play we're putting the game on the line for? unacceptable. eff the time out after their go ahead basket...push the *%#$%%* ball up the court while their defense isn't set. but again, you knew III was gonna call a timeout and draw something up that had FAIL written all over it. typical.

hollis...master of the unnecessary. can't stand him right now.

k3stacks- thats correct, last tourney win was UMBC in 2008.

no wins in the tourney this year would be unacceptable. we HAVE to get to the second weekend.

Thing that nobody factors in, this is likely as much John Thompson JR's recruitment this weekend as it is III's.

yup, hopefully he gets through to the guy. no BS. you come to the hilltop to become a man and that's what our program does, especially as a big man. sounds like nerlens needs development, he'll find that with this team, free from the distractions and controversy that would plague him at places like kentucky or cuse or uconn. look at our recent track record. hibbert, jeff, ewing jr, monroe, even dajuan, as much as i didn't like him. if you come here already talented, we can still help you develop. but if you come here with limited talent (i.e. hibbert), with hard work and dedication, you can become an All-Star. you get to work with former players (i.e. Sims working with hibbert and jeff), talk with Pops, and develop your skill set as well as your maturity. this is the place to be.

hopefully he pulls a Monroe and decides to commit immediately after his visit. monroe knew this was the right place, knew our team is a family. get it done, nerlens.

Back
Top Bottom