THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

Saw this off Google...This is from 2 years ago (2010) when he was 15, so obviously a LOT of things change during that time, that early in a kid' recruitment process, but at least we've been in his head...

A snippet from Fox Sports saying that the Hoyas are at the top of Noel's list:

"Then, you’ve got the 6-foot-10, 200-pound Nerlens, the next big thing to come out of Papile’s BABC program. Nerlens will head to Tilton (N.H.) in the fall and move into the Class of 2013.

Nerlens, 15, is a long and active big man out of Everett High (Mass.) who plays hard on both ends of the court. He said he already has offers from Syracuse and Florida and likes Pittsburgh and Providence, but he admitted Georgetown is at the top of his list due to the success of the Hoyas' former big man, Greg Monroe."

"Georgetown has a history that speaks for itself, and I just love their offense. They really do a great job with their big men. " - Nerlens Noel

dude's haircut is awesome
laugh.gif

I love that if this year you mess up or play lazy - your %$! is hitting the bench immediately. Didn't think III had that in him.
We've needed him to do this for the past couple years. Real question is, does he keep this up next year? or does he do this if we weren't so young?

I'll just go ahead and say I don't expect Nerlens to come, we don't have a good track record with high top fades.
laugh.gif

nice to come out and take care of business. & thank god the lids on the baskets came off the in the 2nd half.

Encouraging for Markel to knock down some shots, if nothing else..if he can just give that it'd be a nice addition with how the team has been on offense lately.

So happy Nate finally got T'd up for pulling himself up on the rim....waiting for it all last year so at least they got him during a blowout -- and now hopefully stops it.

Happy to see Bowen get in there and get a hoop.

good to have everyone knock down FT's consistently again.

I don't think that USF team is very good, but they do have a ton of size and beat teams in this league..so to open that thing up and win by 30..pretty good stuff. (it's also a team I think the past Hoya teams with Austin/Chris would have struggled with, especially with the biggest game of the year up next)

another game to see what these young guys are made of. would be happy with a kansas type game.

lets go orange.

Playing with house money tonight, I don't think a loss hurts other than the fact it's Syracuse and it's never okay to lose to them. But a win would put the team in real contention to win the conference, make the double bye a lock and push the seeding for this team into the 2 range. And it'd mean beating Syracuse. And getting a signature win on a national stage with everyone (including Nerlens Noel) watching. I think it'd be the best Big East regular season win of the III era. not as significant as Louisville in '08 for the league title, but better. 

Just want the team to play hard, take care of the ball, keep the floor balanced -- and get back on defense. Do those things and give yourself a chance. 

We need a PG to supplement the FR class. that's it. Starks aint cutting it.

This spring and the next recruiting cycle are crucial. The FR are going to be really, really good.. they just need 1 or 2 more pieces to push them over the top.

excited for the finish to this year, though..

Jason has been everything I hoped him to be this year. Henry - just has limitations that showed up last night, too bad. guy just can't finish at the rim.

thought Nate should have ate into some of Henry's minutes, he was doing fine..III just doesn't trust Nate now. too bad, could have won that with him in place of Henry.

better performance last night than Saturday (when only Nate and Greg showed)

Defense was better and some timely shots. playing @ the Dunk is never easy, so to get a win that was never in doubt is a pretty good step for this coming down the home stretch.

Nate is starting to round in to form, he and Markel are the two guys that can elevate this team. I think the FR are still going to look like FR at times and can't expect TOO much from them and the SR's and Hollis have been good this year but still going to have their limitations. Nate/Markel have, for the most part, stunk. They play well, they really make the team better.

Good to ensure a split of the road games, but a win and sweep on Tuesday really would be big & no reason they can't do it.

gotta come back strong and get this game. the loss at seton hall was an inexcusable fart of a game. that won't fly this late in the season, this close to the tourney. can't stop now.

it's Senior Night. final home game for both Jason and Henry. these are two tough games to close out the regular season. let's get it.

Want them to come out just like they did vs Nova and show the press. HAVE to try to speed the game up tonight or else it's going to be a real grind and luck has been on ND's side all year.

Nice to have a real meaningful late February game again.
*also do not care if Markel starts, or quite frankly -- plays. 

Hard to believe this it, this year really flew by.
Henry & Jason were great on Monday and proud of those guys..that's how you go out at home and so far, how you play your SR season. (and Greg..uh..he's going to be good) 

428980_955401944695_1410106_40857164_1263942246_n.jpg

Time to finish this thing on a high note and finish in 2nd place. 

You know what..good. This team needs to prove they can play and win vs styles they struggle against and Pitt and UC are just that.

As LMB said yesterday to me, we might as well start thinking positive man.... Gonna be nice to win it all on Saturday.

Allen- You going to any of the games?

I plan on going Thursday so long as they take care of business. Friday, too hopefully.

you guys?

I'll head up after the win on Friday night. We should meet up for a beer.

(man i hope this comes true
laugh.gif
)

i wasn't down with playing st johns for a THIRD time. no point. i wanted pitt, that was a bad loss. i want this win bad.

Back
Top Bottom