The Official Houston NT Summit Feb. 22nd! Hoops @ 1pm! Live Cafe @ 4pm! Enter Here!

Well Houston 1st off all I want to thank Kadoma for putting this together, he's a beast with the H-Town sneaker events! If you are 100% sure you arecoming, please RSVP by replying to this topic with the number of people who will be coming (including yourself) and Kadoma will reserve a seat for your party.All Niketalkers and their people are welcome, the more sneaker heads, the better. For those of you who may not know, we will be having a NIKETALK summit SundayFebruary 22nd. FYI this is not going to be one of these big mainstream summits with 1000's of people and admission fees. This is an NT summit! Ifyou've got some heat you want to show off, bring it! We encourage everybody to wear your heat, bring your heat to display, sell, buy and or trade. Thatswhat an NT summit is about, SHOES! The hoops part of the summit will be at the Labranch outdoor court across the street from the Toyota Center, and the cafeportion of the summit will be at Live Sports Cafe on 407 MAIN ST in Downtown Houston. More details by KADOMA below.
Kadoma wrote:

1-3pm Hoops at the Outdoor Court on LaBranch across the street from Toyota Center.
Play or watch a couple of friendly games of basketball. Everyone is welcome to play; females, kids, any skill level. This is an NT Summit, if your looking to seriously hoop it up, there are several other gyms and courts in Houston where you can do that. If we can get enough guys to play a more serious game we might do so, but dont plan on it. Bring your own drinks and basketballs if you got em. If it rains, most likely we will not play. Feel free to wear your heat, or bring a few pairs to buy, sell, or trade.

4-7pm Chill at Live Sports Cafe 407 Main St. watch Rockets at Bobcats.
After basketball we will be going to Live to catch the game and get some refreshments. If you are going to attend the party at Live, please support the cafe by ordering food or drink. In respect for Live I ask that you do not loiter. Last thing they want on Rockets game day is a bunch of dudes standing around looking at sneakers not buying anything. I will reserve a table based on the screen names that RSVP here. If you do not have a seat at the main table it will be beacuse you did not RSVP, or RSVP in time. Feel free to wear your heat, or bring a few pairs to buy, sell, or trade.

Yeah, there hasn't been a NT summit in a long time. There have been sneaker summits going on, but they're beyond NT, now.

Russ whats good son? i havent seen u in a minute. Yeah i heard about that summit last month but i missed it. So nobody really has personal nt summits like weused to do back in the day?

I'm down.
laugh.gif
I've never been to a summit.

I'm a Houston NT'er also. A couple of my friends are on here also.

Nawfwest all day everyday. Eisenhower High School.
smokin.gif

So, you mean like AJMasta, Russ, Mr. Force, Kadoma, Bruza, some other cats I can't remember, and me, HOOPS? Yeah, I'm down.

I'm not sure how many actual NTers are in Houston. I remember at the first summit, there were people that I hadn't seen post. It was easier to getattention because these things were all handled in General Forum. I remember the 2nd summit, still all NT, was a decent size: aound 20 or so people? maybemore.

The city has developed much more, so it would be a lot easier. Back when the first summit went down, there was no mainstream sneaker culture.

yeah the 1st summit was nice, babydill and nikeshoeaddict (was tommy his name?) had some serious heat. and yeah there was only 20 the 2nd time but back in theday sneaker summits werent so commercial as they are today, it was more of a local thing, with nothin but real sneaker heads. i miss those days. but yeah imdown, i dont think it has to be anything too big i got 3 or 4 collectors i coukd bring and sure the rest us can do the same. if we can get enough people, likeat least 20 or 30 and everyone brings some heat we'll be st8

PLAYOFF12, you must be accustomed to these modern "sneaker summits" as opposed to the OG "NT summits." These days, the "summit"events have nothing to do with NT. Everywhere else, a "summit" is a congregation of members of NT - not a social gathering/marketing extravaganza forevery 2 bit hypebeast with a Hundreds t-shirt and a pair of dunks. It originated as a means for putting a face to an SN. The evolution of these summits is adouble edged sword - on one hand, you can fill larger venues, on the other is the quality vs quantity debate.

I don't disagree with the current summits since they don't incorporate the NT name (just the term that NT coined in the sneaker culture), but I justdon't find them to be as enjoyable.

The myspace page for the current summit organization has pictures from those first two summits that were NT-based if you wonder what it was like PLAYOFF12. Itwas interesting to look back on them.

Russ tha G - I'm not tryna talk down or anything, I've only been collecting since 2004 so I never been to an NT summit. I've looked at the oldpictures from the NT-based Summits before and it looked pretty chill but I didn't think it was only like 20 people. But yeah I agree with you, these H-TownSneaker Summits are filled with hypebeasts, posers, and random people that don't even collect shoes.
smh.gif

If yall end up having an NT only summit, I'm down. I can bring about 2 or 3 people with me, but we don't have any major heat.
laugh.gif
Just come to chilland check out yalls heat.

Whats up AJ Masta?
Long time no see man!
Im down for another NT only Summit!

How about Sunday, Feb. 22 @ LIVE Sports Cafe 407 Main?
Rockets @ Bobcats play at 4pm.

It would be dope to have another Bball Summit too.
Last time it was $3 to $5 a person and we got the full court for 2 hours @ West Houston Indoor.
If we get enough heads down to play maybe we could reserve the court from like 1-3pm? and then head to Live afterward?

Whats good kadoma! yeah it has been a minute, i think the last time i saw u was at that same spot downtown huh? Well that sounds good to me, lets do this. illprobably come thru about 4 or 5 deep with some other collectors around the H.

What's happened is one one hand, some of the younger NTers have grown personally and professionally and don't haveas much disposable time for summits, let alone NT, and on the other hand, like mentioned, sneaker culture has grown from a love and hobby to a competitivesport. Shoes that you could cop for $200 on ebay four or five years ago won't go for less than $450 these days.

If you haven't been to an OG NT summit, then you probably would be in for a surprise. It's basically just a smallgroup of peeps chillin, prolly play some video games, sip on a lil somethin (if you're of age) and check out the pics the next day. No raffles, DJspinning records, pop up boutiques, etc. And empty promises from myself on setting up the next hoop summit...
frown.gif

Damn where is Live Sports Cafe and West Houston Indoor? I'm all the way in the Northwest side of Houston, I know it has to be far.
frown.gif

I'm really looking forward to a Hoop Summit though.
smokin.gif

Come to think of it, if the weather is nice we could ball outdoors for free.
I recommend SPOTTS PARK on S Heights Blvd and Feagan.
If its full we can go an exit or two west on I-10 and play at COTTAGE GROVE PARK.
You should be able to Google Map these locations.
Everyone should try to bring two tees a white and a black for teams.

LIVE SPORTS CAFE has been very hospitable to us in the past, and I dont want to ruin that relationship.
As always bring your thirst and appetite. Buy a drink, snack, or meal and show your support for LIVE.
Im sure the last thing they want on game day is a couple of dozen dudes loitering around a prime Cafe table location looking at sneakers.

The NT chill-get-togethers are cool and all, but I would much rather play ball. Playing that one time a few years back was a lot of fun. Either way, I'mdown to chill or ball or both. We also could go to the court next to the Toyota enter. I go down there at night every once in a while

I haven't played basketball in years, but I'd be down. I work just a few blocks from that outdoor basketball court downtown that HOOPSboy was talkingabout. I'm up for anything that's on a weekend.

Back
Top Bottom