The Official iPod Post - *Please read the first post.*

Quote:
Has anyone tried that Handbrake Lite????

Works GREAT for me. Maybe your processor just can't handle it. Have you done much ripping/burning before?

Quote:
Kaimel Rule

Thanks for posting the pics. That looks like a great case - glad to see there is more to choose from that just agent18

Champs of XVII, XXII, and XXVI
Member #21 - The most "Classless" NT'er​

Quote:
Works GREAT for me. Maybe your processor just can't handle it. Have you done much ripping/burning before?

Well I ripped Saving Private Ryan and when it was done, it couldn't even run on Quicktime. Do you know if certain DVDs don't rip right? I am using a G4 Powerbook btw..........

E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: Fongstizzle

Member Since January 26, 2003

ok, i took my blk 30 gig ipod in to get checked out by the apple people, because it would show that the music was playing, but wouldnt be playing any music at all (does it sometimes but not all the time, and i have to turn it off and on about 5 times just to get it to work again). so they erased all the memory and "made it like new" and told me it should work. well i took it home and tried it again....same result. so i went back, just wanting a new ipod cuz i think mine is broken, and now they erased everything again and said it might be something with my computer, for me to take in my tower :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
so they can check it out. so this time i take my ipod over to my girlfriends house. her and her brother have the same ipod and they work fine. so i put music on my ipod from my girlfriends laptop and it still does the same thing. so i reset my ipod and erase everything and go to her brothers computer and put music on and try it again.....same thing happens. so i am gonna go back tomorrow for a third time wanting a new ipod.....what are they gonna do, ask me to take in my tower, my girlfriends brothers tower and my girlfriends laptop????

EDIT: HandBrake Lite actually DOES work. I just ripped "The Uncredibles" and it came out fine. The tricky thing is, even though it says it's a 100% done on ripping a DVD, you still have to wait a good couple of minutes till it's actually done.

Oh also, when using HandBrake Lite, only rip Full Screen dvds. Watching a widescreen vid on an Ipod is havoc on the eyes.....

ive watched widescreen on the ipod. it looks fine. i use videora to convert them to mp4s and adjust the settings to make it look right.
Free Shoes.

Kaimel Rule
i was at frys on sunday and was thinking about copping that case. after seeing yours im most def copping now. it looks pretty sweet.

anyone know any good bit torrent sites for rap/hip hop/ reggae? how whats your main source for music besides buying cd's??

Quote:
ive watched widescreen on the ipod. it looks fine. i use videora to convert them to mp4s and adjust the settings to make it look right.

Co-sign, but I use HandBrake Lite. Either way, widescreen is NOT a problem.

Anybody excited about the new products announced @ CES and MacWorld?

Champs of XVII, XXII, and XXVI
Member #21 - The best safety in the NFC​

If you have a 60gb do NOT download the new update, it @#%$ up the video

could be true for the 30gb as well

also you cannot hold down menu to turn off the backlight, it now goes to the main menu instead. :/

is there any way to format wma's into quicktime movies since thats what u need for ipods...

sorry if this was asked before..im too lazy to sift through 20 pages.....

KingJames you never got back to me.

Thanks.

Everytime I put a disk in my Handbrake Lite says "No Valid Title Found"

I can't put a DVD on here to save my life.

My-T.

Quote:
Anybody excited about the new products announced @ CES and MacWorld?

What are they?

". THEY AREN'T THAT SPECIAL AND THEY'LL BE ON EBAY, SO GET A JOB."

WEARING MATCHING TEES IS LAME. WEARING A TEE SHIRT YOU MADE YOURSELF IS THE LAMEST OF ALL."

^^^^^^Go to Apple.com. New MacBook and iMacs with Dual Intel chip. Plus I think an boat load of accessories for the Ipod vid.

Quote:
Everytime I put a disk in my Handbrake Lite says "No Valid Title Found"

I can't put a DVD on here to save my life.

That sucks. I am goign Handbrake crazy right now. I just ripped another DVD, which makes it like 5 in 2 days. Ever try just deleting the program and redownloading it? Other then that, I no idea how you could fix it.......

I'll be psyched to see what they have for the ipod video. I just got it and have almost all 6 Star Wars movies and the Clone Wars cartoon episodes on it...just Empire and Return of the Jedi left to go. For some reason when I convert Episode II it loses the sound about 5 mins into the movie. I haven't had problems with any other DVD's....guess I'll just have to borrow a copy from one of my friends and try with that copy.

BTW, this thing is ridiculous. I walk around with a boatload of songs and all of the Star Wars movies on me at all times... :wow:
eek.gif

And Law and Order episodes? :wow:
eek.gif

I love this thing. The only accessory I bought so far is the Agent 18 case which I am REAL happy with.

". THEY AREN'T THAT SPECIAL AND THEY'LL BE ON EBAY, SO GET A JOB."

WEARING MATCHING TEES IS LAME. WEARING A TEE SHIRT YOU MADE YOURSELF IS THE LAMEST OF ALL."

for all you guys ripping dvds...approximately how much memory does a 2 hour movie take up?

I just did the widescreen version of "The Incredibles" (1 hour and 55 min) and it's about 553 MB.

And then I did "Saving Private Ryan" (2 hours and 49 min) and it's about a 1.78 gigs. I have no idea why 52 minutes of film would make file so much bigger. So I want to say all videos come out different sized when ripped.....

@#%$!!

I deleted my songs in my my documents, thinking they would play in iTunes. But it couldn't find the trace. I have it on manual update. And they are already on my iPod video, but can I upload them back on my comp from the pod?

Thanks

I am a good poster, don't ban me.

How can I put some chapelle skits from my chapelle dvd to my video ipod? seriously, I've had this Ipod for about a month and i'm still clueless when it comes to video.

Does any one know any programs that renames and tags video files so i can organize them?

Also whats better Videra or PSP Video 9?

How the hell do you stop a song or movie, do i just pause it??
Wanted
Ds vii frenchies, viii chrome, xi any color all sz 10
Trade or Sell
Ds xiii flints sz 10
Email: [email protected] Bay Area Meet up

Ok so how come when i upload albums/songs into iTunes, the album artwork isn't showing thus won't show as well when i upload them to my iPod? Anyone? Thanks! im using the new 30g vid iPod btw.
-------------
aim: buttahlikeparkay

Chad Johnson on being covered: "It's just impossible,'' Johnson said, with a straight face. "It's not who I'm playing. It can't be done, and I've come to that conclusion. If I had to stop myself, I probably wouldn't be able to do it, either.''

i know i maybe reachin a lil but is there any way that you can create a screen saver on the black 30 gb ipod or at least set one up...

MAJOR!!!​

Nah, last I heard the hackers haven't figured it out yet. I wanted to do that as soon as I bought mine.
Oh you pregnant ma? Word! Thats the truth?/ What? You dont want an abortion!/ Fine we'll get a Rae Carruth

Back
Top Bottom