The Official iPod Post - *Please read the first post.*

While my ipod was connected to my comp and itunes, I deleted the songs out of my itunes cause I needed some space. Then I went to my recycle bin and restored the files. They havent went back into itunes, and I dont know where they are, but the problem I am havin is, a few of the songs in my ipod wont play. the file is there on the ipod, but when its hooked up to itunes u see the "!" next to the song.

Is there a quick way I can fix this, or do I have to upload the songs again?

^^ I think you would have to upload the song again, or at least locate it since the "!" means that it can't match the song with a file.
I know I don't pray much, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

i have a question...can files formatted for play on the PSP play on the iPod, or do I need to reformat them because they have different resolutions?

also, i just wanted to say that i got the agent18 case for the ipod today and i am really pleased with it. i have the bose sounddock and if you just take out the dock adapter altogether (people with the sounddock should know what i'm talking about) the ipod fits in with the case on (i have the 60 gb).
Free iPod Nano

Dead Stokc It seems like we are having the same problem. I need to update mine, but I deleted songs to save some space. So I guess we need to use this anapod thing to load them back on?

Also, I have a 100 gb drive on my computer that isn't running, becasue the Boot. Ini is gone. The drive now is only 30 and is basically full, does anyone know how to re write these things? PLEASE HELP!!

I am a good poster, don't ban me.

I just bought a 30GB iPod video (white one) today, It's awesome. I had no problems with transfering songs to it, my only problem is with the photos.

*EDIT*

Nevermind, I figured it out.

thanks for the help.

Ok I have just one question. I plan on buying a ipod video this weekend (30gb). I didn't read all these pages but I wanted to know if the stories are true about them having problems for no reason and them breaking down easy. Do you guys think I should buy one from apple.com so I can have a warranty behind it instead of buying one on ebay for cheaper. Any info is very much appreciated.

USB or firewire? Pros and cons? I have a PC, and have USB ports, NO firewire. My used Ipod came with firewire cords only, am I better off to buy a USB cord or firewire card and why?
people to your house, bad people
[/quote]-Joe Frasier-[/b]​

DO NOT USE FIREWIRE. ipods do not support firewire data transfers anymore. it only works for charging
~and you're welcome

what about if its an old ipod, mine is a 2nd gen 10 gig with the touch wheel and monochrome screen.

and thanks guys

^^
If its a 2nd gen, it will only work with Firewire as it doesn't have a Dock Connector.

so do they have a firewire to USB cable (FW at ipod and usb at comp side)? I realize these are not fun questions and that mine is an old unit but I do appreciate the help gents I have NO idea about this thing, my brother gave it to me out of nowhere and his music is KILLING me

To make a long story short, you're much better off just getting a Firewire card for ~$25 and using that. I would avoid any of those Firewire to USB adapters. Plus, if you ever do any video editing or use an external HD you'll have a Firewire connection already.

thanks, i will go buy one today.

I owe u guys for the info.

if i can do anything (i.e. first born) then gat at me

hey

i have the mini 4gig and its almost 6 months of the 1 yr warranty
if i take it to the apple store, since the mini is discontinued do i get the 2 gig nano? cause that would suck balls. would it be possible to like put in an extra $100 and get the video?
thanks
[/url]​

I bought the InMotion iM3c speaker soff ebay, brand new and unopened. But the actual speakers don't turn on in the front, so I can only charge my ipod with them. I can't really return them. Anyone know what I should do. Anytime i seem to call Altec Lansing customer support, they're always busy. Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote:
Ok I have just one question. I plan on buying a ipod video this weekend (30gb). I didn't read all these pages but I wanted to know if the stories are true about them having problems for no reason and them breaking down easy. Do you guys think I should buy one from apple.com so I can have a warranty behind it instead of buying one on ebay for cheaper. Any info is very much appreciated

yeah anyone my chick wants one as well so i was going to buy it for her b-day i dont have to pay for songs correct i can just get them off my computer right

Do i need to Unlock the volume on the US version of the Ipod Video 60gb, in order to make it lounder? If yes what's better and wont mess up my ipod? Thanks

GoPod or EuPod or Imod
Wanted
Ds vii frenchies, viii chrome, xi any color all sz 10
Trade or Sell
Ds xiii flints sz 10
Email: [email protected] Bay Area Meet up

I don't know if this was posted but, here's the link to get a new ipod all sizes 10% off from Apple...you do have to be a college student or employee

Discounted Ipods

Plus...FREE shipping

OK I got another stupid question, but I think I'm getting closer. As advised I went out and got a firewire card (was a good move) and for the record I have Win 2k and a 2 gen 10 gig ipod. I was given said ipod free from brother, his music is on it and I want to be able to remove SOME of it, but not all of it, then add what I have in itunes. I can't even figure out how to view whats on the ipod from my computer right now, any ideas?

I have a quick question....can you use the Apple Student Discount in the Apple Stores as well or just online?

Quote:
I was given said ipod free from brother, his music is on it and I want to be able to remove SOME of it, but not all of it, then add what I have in itunes. I can't even figure out how to view whats on the ipod from my computer right now, any ideas?

When your in itunes and you hook up your ipod, you should see a ipod icon to the right with the ipod name you gave it. When you select it, you should be able to see the library of songs that's on the ipod. Then you have to go to the ipod options (should be located on the bottom right corner of your itunes.....should look like a ipod icon) and select to manualy update your songs on your ipod. After that, you can delete and add your own music to your library.........
E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: Fongstizzle

Member Since January 26, 2003

Back
Top Bottom