* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Did son really call Haters one of Jays worst songs?o_0

This s_ is absolute flames.

Hoover...Hova...Had girlies in gurdles weighin more than they supposed ta.

*SLAMS FIST ON DESK AND WALKS AROUND THE OFFICE DISGUSTEDLY*

_ said he stretch work...yoga & knock pounds off like Al Roker. SMH

I hope somebody paid homage to the homie Cake's request...
Okay, and those aren't even good lines. Both of those are terrible, actually. Kanye's hook is horrible. The beat is worse than anythingTimbaland brought to the table. But I should've known some of the young cats would like it.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by vezon

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Its actually pretty resilient that Raekwon's album is only 1 week from release and still hasn't fully leaked... that must mean engineers, producers maybe even some label execs don't have the album.. tight grip status

or maybe nobody cares to leak Rae's album.
indifferent.gif

What's wrong, honey?

84436bd0480f13887bbb5b671857e19cf2e5e59d.gif

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Did son really call Haters one of Jays worst songs?o_0

This s_ is absolute flames.

Hoover...Hova...Had girlies in gurdles weighin more than they supposed ta.

*SLAMS FIST ON DESK AND WALKS AROUND THE OFFICE DISGUSTEDLY*

_ said he stretch work...yoga & knock pounds off like Al Roker. SMH

I hope somebody paid homage to the homie Cake's request...
Okay, and those aren't even good lines. Both of those are terrible, actually. Kanye's hook is horrible. The beat is worse than anything Timbaland brought to the table. But I should've known some of the young cats would like it.

Your name is "Stringer." Credibility void.

Sidebar: I like how Jay "ain't talking about dame" in the first verse only to explicitlydetail Dame's finances later in the song.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by MissinPieces

tired.gif

It saddens me that most of yall dont get the concept/message of this CD and he clearly states it throughout
smh.gif

D.O.A, Off That, On To The Next......

He's clearly telling "us" as black people to get "OFF THAT" dumb s*** we've been brain washed by "Rappers" as "Cool"

ie. Selling drugs, busting guns, sipping cris, riding rims, rocking throwbacks(when that era popped),
big clothes, fighting in the club, making it rain, doing songs/merging with other genres.....

Its funny how Hov fans claim he never passed the torch and he goes and does a song with not 1 but 3 "Freshmen"
eyes.gif

Ill def be copping this along with that Cudi on the 15th

i agree

Sidebar: I like how Jay "ain't talking about dame" in the first verse only to explicitly detail Dame's finances later in the song.
My name on Niketalk. Right. And this is coming from the guy who thinks he matters/is connected because he stays on Twitter and rap blogs. Please.Give it up already guy.

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Sidebar: I like how Jay "ain't talking about dame" in the first verse only to explicitly detail Dame's finances later in the song.
My name on Niketalk. Right. And this is coming from the guy who thinks he matters/is connected because he stays on Twitter and rap blogs. Please. Give it up already guy.

*Currently locking myself in the car and crying, with the windows up.*

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

I remember kanye wanted haters for 808s...he shouldve kept it on there and freed up a spot for a better song.
that's one of the album's best 3 songs
embarassed.gif

I'm guessing the people who actually like "Hate" are in the younger demo of rap fans who eat up the Drake/Wayne/Soulja Boy $*+%. The verses havethat lazy Kanye/Wayne feel to them, Jay's flow is good but the lines are very impressive. The hook might is absolutely garbage. There's just no savinggrace of this song.

Instead of people just saying they dont like Jay-z.....

i have read some of the most IDIOTIC things in this thread.

*Currently locking myself in the car and crying, with the windows up.*
Please make sure you're in a garage and the car is running.

::

Just got to the album last night with only having heard D.O.A. and Run This Town beforehand

I don't get the hate for "Off That" and I'm not even a Drake fan, only heard his 2 singles and theYoung Money Every Girl joint from him.
It's an uptempo Timbo beat...all that it needs to be. I guess there's a message in it too but either way it's aight
LOVE "Venus vs Mars" beat is dark and nasty
The only gripe I'll agree with most of yall is that maybe Jay isn't the best artist for those 2 beats... they would probably be better for Kid Cudi....the latter would be ripped by The Clipse too

-"What We Talkin About" - Love the feeling of urgency in the synths...like something important is on theway... the Dame/Jaz-O lines are enough to keep me interested
laugh.gif
....notreally caring for the singer, he really doesn't do anything that anyone else could do. The only song I know by that band is "Walking on a Dream"

-"Thank You" - I appreciate The Clipse reference... so Jay listens to their music huh?
pimp.gif

-"Empire State of Mind" - only problem with this song is that one instrument during Jay's verses...likean electric bubble... doesn't fit at all IMO...listen how it's not there during Alicia's chorus

-"Real As It Gets" - LOVE the production/strings... think I remember liking Jeezy's second verse

-"Already Home" - Maybe I need to bump this more but I'm not feeling it like everybody else, kinda boresme, not blown away by Cudi's hook like yall...tell me what it is that I'm not seeing here...

-"Hate" - Crazy beat...again, maybe the only 'problem' is it should be given to Cudi or anyone otherthan Jay

-The Pharrell joint don't impress me at all...did Jay pick a lackluster Pharrell production? or did Pharrell only submit a lackluster production? meh

-"Young Forever" - love it for the beat and Mr.Hudson hook [dude can do NO WRONG in my eyes] sounding justlike Sting... don't like that Kanye put that damm distortion scratch effect tho

aaaaaaaaand as for the Swizzy joint?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
It's the only song that's gonna be blasting out my car this week
ON TO THE NEXT ONE ON ON TO THE NEXT ONE ON TO THE NEXT ONE ON ON TO THE NEXT ONE ON TO THE NEXT ONE ON ON TO THE NEXT ONE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ZSong

-"Thank You" - I appreciate The Clipse reference... so Jay listens to their music huh?
pimp.gif

yo, I smiled when he said said, "keys, keys, open doors"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Alicia hook on "Empire State of Mind" made me shed a tear.

Hook is angelic as *#%%.

ie. Selling drugs, busting guns, sipping cris, riding rims, rocking throwbacks(when that era popped),
big clothes, fighting in the club, making it rain, doing songs/merging with other genres.....
At one point in time all that symbolized Hova. And doing songs/merging with other genres. He has MGMT on this album and Chris Martin on his pastalbums. Musically it's a really good album the 2nd half just isnt "Hov" to me

Originally Posted by ZSong

pimp.gif

yo, I smiled when he said said, "keys, keys, open doors"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Alicia hook on "Empire State of Mind" made me shed a tear.

Hook is angelic as *#%%.

Hov got this _ goin thru all kinda emotions
roll.gif

J.Cole
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif

Im big on what hunger can do for you when rapping........Rappers before huge success>than after 80% of the time
site college dropout, wayne after hot boys left and before now, and now J.Cole who now has the accomplishment of having the best verse on a Hov album
pimp.gif

Yea yall bugging Already Home is the best track on this album. It's official. Better than ESOM and w/e else you thought was in the running. Even though Isaid a lot of songs on this without a specific topic is mentioning the same shhh this song separates itself from the rest. I don't even think yall fullycaught all the shhh he just said in that yet. All 3 verses something serious. Still tho no reason to say outlandish statements about such a great song just tothrow it in to some untouchable category.

Dude who said John Legend should've been on the hook is right. I aint even think about it or the other dude that has worked with Kanye, forget his nametho.

Anyway tho, I am tired of some of these over the top posts. Reminder is whack stop lying to yall selves. Same with Hate. SO Ambitious is just nothing special,probably his worse collab with the Neptunes.

Yall dudes said some funny shhh these past few pages.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

At one point in time all that symbolized Hova. And doing songs/merging with other genres. He has MGMT on this album and Chris Martin on his past albums. Musically it's a really good album the 2nd half just isnt "Hov" to me
laugh.gif
He said something about making it rain? Son was justmaking it rain on Kingdom Come on the Usher/P collab.

Oh anybody else notice he aint mention Wayne on A star Is Born? and rightfully so? Dude just ignored his whole existence
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

J.Cole
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif

Im big on what hunger can do for you when rapping........Rappers before huge success>than after 80% of the time
site college dropout, wayne after hot boys left and before now, and now J.Cole who now has the accomplishment of having the best verse on a Hov album
pimp.gif
CO-SIGN
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom