* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by ZSong

::

-"Thank You" - I appreciate The Clipse reference... so Jay listens to their music huh?
pimp.gif

yo, I smiled when he said said, "keys, keys, open doors"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Alicia hook on "Empire State of Mind" made me shed a tear.

Hook is angelic as *#%%.

Hov got this _ goin thru all kinda emotions
roll.gif

Sarcasm and the internet don't mix well.

I have a top of the line 'sarcasm radar' and it detected no sarcasm in your post guy.

Originally Posted by YG HighSociety

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

I'm so ambitious...

I swear, the Jay-Z and Pharrell combo should be another wonder of the world...

...I could hit 2 sistas...
Yea dudes trippin. This the first track I put on today

"_ Prolly thought I fall without ol' buddy
oh buddy what I do is make more money
Dear Teacher, your prolly somewhere near a speaker
Im balling out of control
Can you hear my sneakers?
F%$# Yall!"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I'm sorry but I dont see how this album is as good as some of y'all are making it seem.

3/5

2 or 3 solid joints, but overall... IMO this album is weak. Jay's goin' senile, and seems not to remember if he's from the BK or the UK. he'spast his prime, time to hang up the MIC.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Jay-z career is done. Dude has grey hairs, his credibility is out the window. Dude is a camel
This one of the more insightful reviews of this thread thus far.
pimp.gif

i take nt reviews with a grain of salt...so i will be tuning in and am anticipating good music like i've gotten every trip from Jay-

one thing i do notice is the camel type remarks in every thread
laugh.gif

like do yall really like some rappers or dislike others based on how "cute" they are?

thats some stuff for freud to look into - i mean not liking his music is one thing but it seems dudes always bring up his camel looks, lips or the way hedresses in threads
sick.gif

nerd.gif

Def co-signing [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Master Zik[/color] on "Already Home" being the best track on here, shh is justtoooo smooth!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

People actually read other NTers 'reviews' on albums?
If its in the thread, you just skip over it?
Depending on who's posting it, yeah...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cubsfan455

Jay is back!

Empire state of mind. Alicia Keys kills that chorus.

His best album sense The Blueprint
roll.gif

surely you jest...

Black Album and American Gangster are infinitely better.

This album as a whole is very forgettable.

like do yall really like some rappers or dislike others based on how "cute" they are?

thats some stuff for freud to look into - i mean not liking his music is one thing but it seems dudes always bring up his camel looks, lips or the way he dresses in threads
sick.gif

That's probably my biggest gripe with rap music in general nowadays... it's just like pop music, dudes care way more about the looks of a rapper thanhis actual talent. They are basically the equivalent of Hillary Duff and Miley Cyrus fans in their own silly ways.

Rap in general has been dead for the longest..

i dont know what yall are talkin about... this album is solid... i can easily play the whole cd and probably skip 2 tracks at most which would be the swizzybeat and the song with drake... other than that this album is crazy... i think its the best jay did since black album...

You guys.
laugh.gif

I swear there's nothing like a Jay-Z thread.

I'll rock with this cd for now because it's something new. Nothing on it gives me that
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
"bring that back" factor...but there several cuts thatare pretty decent.

Originally Posted by ZSong

-"Thank You" - I appreciate The Clipse reference... so Jay listens to their music huh?
pimp.gif

yo, I smiled when he said said, "keys, keys, open doors"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hook is angelic as *#%%.

Hov got this _ goin thru all kinda emotions
roll.gif

Sarcasm and the internet don't mix well.

I have a top of the line 'sarcasm radar' and it detected no sarcasm in your post guy.

OK! [emoji]169[/emoji] Juiceman

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

thats some stuff for freud to look into - i mean not liking his music is one thing but it seems dudes always bring up his camel looks, lips or the way he dresses in threads
sick.gif
That's probably my biggest gripe with rap music in general nowadays... it's just like pop music, dudes care way more about the looks of a rapper than his actual talent. They are basically the equivalent of Hillary Duff and Miley Cyrus fans in their own silly ways.

Rap in general has been dead for the longest..

The camel jokes are just jokes. I don't think there suppose to be taken seriously. It's used to take a shot. Who's really saying"Jay-Z looks like a camel I can't listen to his music"????!

But about that line on Already Home I took it as a subliminal at Cam'ron
laugh.gif
Now these %*+%+# is mad? Oh they call me a camel

u-mad1.jpg

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

I'm guessing the people who actually like "Hate" are in the younger demo of rap fans who eat up the Drake/Wayne/Soulja Boy $*+%. The verses have that lazy Kanye/Wayne feel to them, Jay's flow is good but the lines are very impressive. The hook might is absolutely garbage. There's just no saving grace of this song.
How old are you?

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by STR1NGER

I'm guessing the people who actually like "Hate" are in the younger demo of rap fans who eat up the Drake/Wayne/Soulja Boy $*+%. The verses have that lazy Kanye/Wayne feel to them, Jay's flow is good but the lines are very impressive. The hook might is absolutely garbage. There's just no saving grace of this song.
How old are you?

lol

as ive stated before i love horns on the beat, and therefore, Thank You is really a problem

this is definitely a cool album, i wouldn't put it ahead of TBA or AG as far as his albums that have come out since TBA, but it definitely seems to havereplay value

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm sorry but I dont see how this album is as good as some of y'all are making it seem.

3/5

I swear to you, if you're a person that has a picky ear, give it a couple more listens.

Just swap the entire album onto your iPod or burn it onto a CD, play it in the whip and just drive
laugh.gif
. I PROMISE you will grow to like every song becausethere's really nothing wrong with the album. It's more than solid. Those that dislike it, I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting at thispoint.

yo illionaire you hang out with jay and celebrities on the daily right?
laugh.gif

next time you chill with hov ask him what happened to dead presidents 3....

that beat was insane.

Listened to this all the way through in the car, and I've come to the conclusion that this is a hot album(save for 2-3 songs)

On to the next one is THAT DEAL in the whip
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
seriously

the album definitely does get a little weak toward the end, but everything else is nice. Has a nice smooth vibe for the most part

Stand out tracks;

Empire
Thank You
Real as it gets
On to the next
A Star is born
Venus/Mars

I gotta give it to Old man hova, the album is good
smokin.gif

Oh yeah on my CD i don't like to waste space so I added Brooklyn, History, & Jockin' lol

and the songs that leaked are actually growing on me a little
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom