* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i take nt reviews with a grain of salt...so i will be tuning in and am anticipating good music like i've gotten every trip from Jay-
yep

Listened to this all the way through in the car, and I've come to the conclusion that this is a hot album(save for 2-3 songs)

On to the next one is THAT DEAL in the whip
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
seriously

the album definitely does get a little weak toward the end, but everything else is nice. Has a nice smooth vibe for the most part

Stand out tracks;

Empire
Thank You
Real as it gets
On to the next
A Star is born
Venus/Mars

I gotta give it to Old man hova, the album is good
smokin.gif

Oh yeah on my CD i don't like to waste space so I added Brooklyn, History, & Jockin' lol

and the songs that leaked are actually growing on me a little
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by ZSong

::

-"Thank You" - I appreciate The Clipse reference... so Jay listens to their music huh?
pimp.gif

yo, I smiled when he said said, "keys, keys, open doors"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Alicia hook on "Empire State of Mind" made me shed a tear.

Hook is angelic as *#%%.

Hov got this _ goin thru all kinda emotions
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm sorry but I dont see how this album is as good as some of y'all are making it seem.

3/5

I swear to you, if you're a person that has a picky ear, give it a couple more listens.

Just swap the entire album onto your iPod or burn it onto a CD, play it in the whip and just drive
laugh.gif
. I PROMISE you will grow to like every song because there's really nothing wrong with the album. It's more than solid. Those that dislike it, I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting at this point.

This. Reading some of these responses I'm wondering to myself how some of these dudes are listening to the album. Like what more could you possibly wantfrom the man.
It's obvious that most of the guys who aren't feeling the album are Jay haters though. I refuse to believe that a person with ears can listen to thisalbum and call it trash. Like some dudes just seem maaad miserable in life and don't know how to enjoy music. If you put this album on your iPod and justlisten, you WILL enjoy the album. Some of you guys are being way to critical looking for the smallest things to not like the album. Joint is flames.

Album isn't trash. It just gets wack towards the end.
I just get tired of the cockiness, yes we know you're great, you've accomplished things
no other rapper has. You have the baddest chick in the "industry". At the end of the day
just shut up and rap. Give me good beats, because the artistry is already there.

I think "Thank You" is the greatest track on the album.
Now back to some more R&B anticipation.

After a couple of listens, this album is lame. I will give it one more week and I will ad Brooklyn we go hard onto the album in my itunes. Ye's verse onhate might just be the worst verse of 2009.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm sorry but I dont see how this album is as good as some of y'all are making it seem.

3/5

I swear to you, if you're a person that has a picky ear, give it a couple more listens.

Just swap the entire album onto your iPod or burn it onto a CD, play it in the whip and just drive
laugh.gif
. I PROMISE you will grow to like every song because there's really nothing wrong with the album. It's more than solid. Those that dislike it, I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting at this point.

Co-sign...
Soon as i downloaded it, i didnt even listen i burned a CD, and put $5 in the tank and just drove.... windows down, system fully turned up.
i was like this
eek.gif

1st, anybody that says Jay-z fell off lyrically is an Idiot.
2nd, the production on here is not the "Best" from these producers but it is hella solid, most of the beats sound amazing in the whip, and "OnTo The Next one" is dramatically UGLY
sick.gif

3rd, Im mad i heard 5 of the songs already because it ruined the experience of playing the album as a whole.

This is what i don't get about people. Jay has ALWAYS been cocky it has gotten no worse. What exactly do u want him to talk about at this point he'strying to get off all the drug and street talk and he's talking bout his life currently. I feel this album is what he was trying to accomplish with kingdomcome

Already Home=ESOM>______ but once again props to J Cole, The Warm Up was a great look (nh) & I can't wait for his follow up mixtape. Is it just meor does As Real As It Get sound like that USDA song that they ha da video for?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Listened to this all the way through in the car, and I've come to the conclusion that this is a hot album(save for 2-3 songs)

On to the next one is THAT DEAL in the whip
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
seriously

the album definitely does get a little weak toward the end, but everything else is nice. Has a nice smooth vibe for the most part

Stand out tracks;

Empire
Thank You
Real as it gets
On to the next
A Star is born
Venus/Mars

I gotta give it to Old man hova, the album is good
smokin.gif

Oh yeah on my CD i don't like to waste space so I added Brooklyn, History, & Jockin' lol

and the songs that leaked are actually growing on me a little
nerd.gif
Venus and Mars a stand out track? seriously?

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

This is what i don't get about people. Jay has ALWAYS been cocky it has gotten no worse. What exactly do u want him to talk about at this point he's trying to get off all the drug and street talk and he's talking bout his life currently. I feel this album is what he was trying to accomplish with kingdom come

exactly......people nitpickin.......subject matter is not a problem on this album at all.

After a couple of more listens, I just can't get past the mediocre production on this CD. Dudes are gassin' up "Empire State of Mind" to bethe best song ever produced this decade. It's alright, don't start jumping out windows. Like someone before me, I was hoping it would be more grimier.

Only song I find re-playable is "Thank You", the rest.......not so much.

So on to the next one...any word on the 2 bonus tracks from Rhapsody?
I wanna believe that "Unforgiven" with MGMT exists and isn't just part of a false tracklisting

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

Jay is rich and lazy

can't expect a classic
Weren't you one of the dudes saying how the trakcs were amazing before they leaked?, way to stick to your opinion my dude
indifferent.gif
this album isgreat people just want it to be top notch classic @%!% just because it's Jay

Been listening to it since last nite for me Already Home = Heart of the City
And i'm glad those Timbo tracks are out the way they really were the weakest on the album, and if Timbo meant what he said and really didn't give Jayhis best material it just makes Jay look better for making something from (Venus/Mars, and Reminder...esp Off That), and Timb really can't make a bettersong than Jay for himself so idk why he keeps the good stuff for Shock Value 2

my favs:
What We Talkin' About
Thank You
Empire State of Mind
Hate
Already Home
So Ambitious
Young Forever

It's not BP1 or BP2, but it's def better than BP2 as for KC it didn't do it for me aside from the notable tracks, and AG was pretty damn nearflawless idk what some of your are talkin about like Party Life, Say Hello, Pray, No Hook, and Fallin don't exist go back and dissect that one!

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Jay is rich and lazy

can't expect a classic
this album is great people just want it to be top notch classic @%!% just because it's Jay
Isn't he supposed to be the greatest to ever do it? Put up or shut up.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I swear there's nothing like a Jay-Z thread.
You ain't never lied.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

In any case, my favorites are:
  • What we talkin about
  • On to the next one
  • Already home
  • Real as it gets
  • Thank you
This album is saved by the production. Hov's flow is off on some tracks.

StaXX wrote:
This. Reading some of these responses I'm wondering to myself how some of these dudes are listening to the album. Like what more could you possibly want from the man.
It's obvious that most of the guys who aren't feeling the album are Jay haters though. I refuse to believe that a person with ears can listen to this album and call it trash. Like some dudes just seem maaad miserable in life and don't know how to enjoy music. If you put this album on your iPod and just listen, you WILL enjoy the album. Some of you guys are being way to critical looking for the smallest things to not like the album. Joint is flames.
roll.gif

the hell are you talking bout bro?

why whenever someone doesn't like something they're a hater or hate life?
laugh.gif

bottom line is compared to Jay's body of work, this album is very AVERAGE. We are accustomed to above average material from Jay, so AVERAGE justdoesn't fit the bill. He's not even Jordan on the Wizards at this point.

The production is poor overall. Lyrically, it's average. Very few songs really stand out. Plenty of AWFUL tracks (Hate, Venus vs Mars, Young Forever,Reminder). There are some bright spots however (Thank You, A Star Is Born - mainly J. Cole's verse, Already Home).

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Jay is rich and lazy

can't expect a classic
this album is great people just want it to be top notch classic @%!% just because it's Jay
Isn't he supposed to be the greatest to ever do it? Put up or shut up.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I swear there's nothing like a Jay-Z thread.
You ain't never lied.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

In any case, my favorites are:
  • What we talkin about
  • On to the next one
  • Already home
  • Real as it gets
  • Thank you
This album is saved by the production. Hov's flow is off on some tracks.

Jay is rich and lazy

can't expect a classic
Weren't you one of the dudes saying how the trakcs were amazing before they leaked?, way to stick to your opinion my dude
indifferent.gif
I said it's a battle between Relapse and BP3, but Relapse comes on top.

Back
Top Bottom