* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

The Jeezy track is clean to .

Sig check
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

This. Reading some of these responses I'm wondering to myself how some of these dudes are listening to the album. Like what more could you possibly want from the man.
It's obvious that most of the guys who aren't feeling the album are Jay haters though. I refuse to believe that a person with ears can listen to this album and call it trash. Like some dudes just seem maaad miserable in life and don't know how to enjoy music. If you put this album on your iPod and just listen, you WILL enjoy the album. Some of you guys are being way to critical looking for the smallest things to not like the album. Joint is flames.
roll.gif

the hell are you talking bout bro?

why whenever someone doesn't like something they're a hater or hate life?
laugh.gif

Go to any past Jay thread and you'll see. The same guys who claim he fell off and what not are the first ones to post in a Jay thread.
It's blatant hate. Like if you say he fell off why check for the album? Why come into the thread just to say something negative. People in here havealready said it.
You have to take what some NTers say with a grain of salt. If I don't mess with an artist, you wont see me in a thread dedicated to them and it'smostly the same dudes I see. Like we get it, you don't like Jay
laugh.gif
.It gets old.
Some people just let their hate/love for this man cloud their judgment, but good music is good music.

Anyways, I just drove to a meeting with three guys who embody Larry the Cable Guy playing the album.
I look at these dudes and their more hype than I am.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wouldn't stop asking me questions about Jay.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

"catch me at a yankee game, +$*$ i made da yankee hat more famous then a yankee can"

indifferent.gif

sorry jigga.....

but other then that im feelin da album so far...he's not tryin to "force his coolness" like he usually does....so far..i could be wrong
laugh.gif

You seriously gon deny the impact jay had on dudes coppin a new blue yankee fitted? come on now.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Illuztrious wrote:

laugh.gif

He said a line in one of the songs about "if you like the old him then go cop one of his old albums". I'm really at a loss of words on how bad this album turned out to be. Kanye and Jay-Z should never ever work together again while Ye' is in this whole minimal/808 stage. The results are hilarious. And sad.

1. What We Talkin Bout

I really like this beat. Jay-Z ruins it talking about people in the past. If you have so many great things going for you, why are these cats being name checked on your album?
3/5

2. Thank You

Instantly forgettable.
2/5

3. D.O.A.

This beat no longer belongs to Jay-Z.
3/5

4. Run This Town

laugh.gif

0/5

5. Empire State Of Mind

Shame on him for ruining such a ill song title with this track. I expected something much, much darker. It's sill alright tho'.
3/5

6. Real As It Gets

Nope.
2/5

7. On The Next One

I ignored Jay's verses the entire song....that beat is INSANE
eek.gif
. Never ever thought i would say that about a Swizz Beatz track.

8. Off That

alien.gif
Jay-Z/Blueprint 3? We off that...
0/5

9. Star Is Born

He mentioned Illmatic so that's automatically a +1 point.
smh.gif
@ dissing Prodigy again knowing he can't defend hisself behind bars. This sounds like a discussion in the NT music forum tho'.
3/5

10. Venus VS Mars

sick.gif

0/5

11. Already Home

Eh...it's ok.
3/5

12. Hate

Horrible, horrible song. Maybe Ye's worst to date.
alien.gif

-2/5

13. Reminder

NOPE.
0/5

14. So Ambitious

I ride wit Star Trak/Neptunes to the death but this song is horrible.
sick.gif

15. Young Forever

That beat is really, really nice. Dude is having an identity crisis.
2.5/5
I can't wait to come back to this review after i hear the album. Rating Empire and Star is Born so low?

That guy doesnt like Jay that much.....

i'm the biggest Hov fan but your acting as if HE wasnt one of the "rappers" telling us that all of those things were "cool"
laugh.gif

i can see if he is moving away from that image now BUT the way you stated it makes it seem as if hes goin at other people for doing it...if anything he was a bigger proponent for most of it-
When did he tell ya'll to sell drugs? he didn't, he did that, so hopefully ya'll don't have to go through that.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

i'm the biggest Hov fan but your acting as if HE wasnt one of the "rappers" telling us that all of those things were "cool"
laugh.gif

i can see if he is moving away from that image now BUT the way you stated it makes it seem as if hes goin at other people for doing it...if anything he was a bigger proponent for most of it-
When did he tell ya'll to sell drugs? he didn't, he did that, so hopefully ya'll don't have to go through that.

lol was about to say the same thing...lol...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Sig check
pimp.gif
Hell yeah.

Whole album in montega.

Every song.

I think people are reacting out of confusion or hate. Some people might genuinely not like it or just be opposed to anything but that pure boom bap...but ifyou give this a fair chance its impossible not to appreciate.

Hov real jumped out the window and ventured into some different sounds, flows and swagger on this. To me it feels like hes finally matured to the point thathes making music that accurately reflects his current lifestyle. He saying loud and clear that hes not on the block anymore and he putting himself out there asan aspirational success story...brave move to do in this frontingass Hip-Hop climate. He's also briding that gap between the old and the new.

The haters were complaining that he used te AG concept as a cop out tokeep talking about hustling and street s_ ... now the dude goes in with a brilliantly funcelebration of life and the art..and cats are still complaining.

And he was as real as he's ever been on A Star is Born ... He bigged up everybody, even hisformer foes, admitted that he was in awe of Nasir and low key chalked up some partial defeats. Y'all talk about him being cocky...but why no one ain'tmentioning that?

I thought this album was gonna be trash and wasn't feeling the leaks at all...but I have to admit that I was wrong and give it up to dude. This jointdefinitely has the vibe of the OG Blueprint to me.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Sig check
pimp.gif
Hell yeah.

Whole album in montega.

Every song.

I think people are reacting out of confusion or hate. Some people might genuinely not like it or just be opposed to anything but that pure boom bap...but if you give this a fair chance its impossible not to appreciate.

Hov real jumped out the window and ventured into some different sounds, flows and swagger on this. To me it feels like hes finally matured to the point that hes making music that accurately reflects his current lifestyle. He saying loud and clear that hes not on the block anymore and he putting himself out there as an aspirational success story...brave move to do in this frontingass Hip-Hop climate. He's also briding that gap between the old and the new.

The haters were complaining that he used te AG concept as a cop out tokeep talking about hustling and street s_ ... now the dude goes in with a brilliantly fun celebration of life and the art..and cats are still complaining.

And he was as real as he's ever been on A Star is Born ... He bigged up everybody, even his former foes, admitted that he was in awe of Nasir and low key chalked up some partial defeats. Y'all talk about him being cocky...but why no one ain't mentioning that?

I thought this album was gonna be trash and wasn't feeling the leaks at all...but I have to admit that I was wrong and give it up to dude. This joint definitely has the vibe of the OG Blueprint to me.
This is why I made that statement about some dudes just being miserable. Like this sh_ should uplift you.
Maybe because I'm moving into a nice position in life at such a young age it hits home more.
But I refuse to believe that anyone with ears and a real fan of Hip Hop tell me that this album is trash.

I ain't mad at this album.

I need more listens before I can rank it though.

But I can safely say it's not top 3 (Jay-Z-wise) or anything like that for me.

StaXX wrote:
HueyP in LouieV wrote:

Sig check
pimp.gif
Hell yeah.

Whole album in montega.

Every song.

I think people are reacting out of confusion or hate. Some people might genuinely not like it or just be opposed to anything but that pure boom bap...but if you give this a fair chance its impossible not to appreciate.

Hov real jumped out the window and ventured into some different sounds, flows and swagger on this. To me it feels like hes finally matured to the point that hes making music that accurately reflects his current lifestyle. He saying loud and clear that hes not on the block anymore and he putting himself out there as an aspirational success story...brave move to do in this frontingass Hip-Hop climate. He's also briding that gap between the old and the new.

The haters were complaining that he used te AG concept as a cop out tokeep talking about hustling and street s_ ... now the dude goes in with a brilliantly fun celebration of life and the art..and cats are still complaining.

And he was as real as he's ever been on A Star is Born ... He bigged up everybody, even his former foes, admitted that he was in awe of Nasir and low key chalked up some partial defeats. Y'all talk about him being cocky...but why no one ain't mentioning that?

I thought this album was gonna be trash and wasn't feeling the leaks at all...but I have to admit that I was wrong and give it up to dude. This joint definitely has the vibe of the OG Blueprint to me.

This is why I made that statement about some dudes just being miserable. Like this sh_ should uplift you.
Maybe because I'm moving into a nice position in life at such a young age it hits home more.
But I refuse to believe that anyone with ears and a real fan of Hip Hop tell me that this album is trash.

Dudes are always gonna Hate cause its Jay

When you get as big as him at any level you get hate no matter what.

With that said this album is musically a beast. No arguments. Like Huey said its fun and light and dude was able to fuse the old and new. The leaks werent goodsure. But even with that said we all heard them out of context of the album. It would be like taking a speech and just hearing some lines and then judging thewhole thing, you cant do it. The album flows all the beats are nice and all the songs cool.

Im not gonna go say its the best album in that last 5 years or anything. But the album is solid, hell it might be as tight as fort knox.

Damn this album isn't even touching Rae's album whatsoever. I kinda figured that OB4CL2 would be better than BP3 but damn not by this much

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Damn this album isn't even touching Rae's album whatsoever. I kinda figured that OB4CL2 would be better than BP3 but damn not by this much

* Runs to Google *

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Sig check
pimp.gif
Hell yeah.

Whole album in montega.

Every song.

Finally, someone who gets it. I said something to the same effect a few pgs back.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

^ 'The Game is a Foot' is talkin' RECKLESS AS HELL!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

How am I talking reckless? I'm stating MY OPINION of the album.

At this stage of game I appreciate rap music (specifically Jay's music) for reasons that differ from when I first heard it in the years they originally released. I grew up listening to Jay's music the same way everyone else did on here. And just like Jay, I GREW UP too. Back in the 90's when it was all about being gangster and "jiggy", as a teen that was the only thing that appealed to me on RD, Vol. 1 & rap in general. But today I've grown pass all of that and now appreciate stuff that pushes the envelope and inspires creativity and progression in life and in ones' own craft. That is why I like this album so much and the reason I ranked Jay's albums in the order they rank, to ME.

I never said BP 3 was perfect. Everyone appreciates different types of hip-hop and various production styles for different reasons. This album just vibrates on a level that I can identify with more than others and really should be used as a blueprint making rap music. Especially in today's climate.

Im about to head out....and Ima listen to this album & Rae's new !@!! back to back.

Just got thru listening to my G Stretch Money new tape, and my expectations for quality music is high right now....I expect heat out of both.

you know alot of dudes critiquing in here, including me, are huge jay fans right? like i said AG is my favorite album from jay. The Blueprint, Black Album, RDall sounded amazing from the start, and i can still listen to them now.i dont look for pop @#$% from jay. even when he did tracks like "give it tome" he still had his classic flow and presence. the tracks here seem half @#$ed. for someone of jays caliber, venus vs mars is WEAK. haters is GARBAGE.hes following the whole kanye/wayne style of rap.

I don't see what some of yall dudes are claiming about some posters. As someone who's seen as a big Ol Man Jigga hater on here I've seen more Jayfans or impartial posters say this was trash, average, weak, etc.

And I still standby this being a solid album.

There was a post much earlier in this thread saying Jay fans are keeping it real and his stans are being unrealistic.

Album is good when compared to all the other crap that's coming out these days, but then you listen to OB4CL2 and suddenly this album sounds like the crapya'll were comparing it to.

Back
Top Bottom