* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

I tried getting into this album but I can't, I'm just not feeling it.
Only built 4 Cuban Linx 2>>>>>

Yo what are the bonus tracks for this tho?

nerd.gif

This album is a yet another solid effort from the jiggaman nuttin terrible or bad on the cd. I think alot of ppl are basing there opinion on albums of the pastor what they think the cd should sound like or how it isnt the next in my lifetime or rd. i mean the flow and lyrics are still there so it really is basicallya judgement call on content and subject matter and production as i see how ppl will view this album.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

you know alot of dudes critiquing in here, including me, are huge jay fans right? like i said AG is my favorite album from jay. The Blueprint, Black Album, RD all sounded amazing from the start, and i can still listen to them now.i dont look for pop @#$% from jay. even when he did tracks like "give it to me" he still had his classic flow and presence. the tracks here seem half @#$ed. for someone of jays caliber, venus vs mars is WEAK. haters is GARBAGE. hes following the whole kanye/wayne style of rap.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although i just say wayne style ... and jigga is notwayne ... he cant control his words like wayne does with that stop and go flow ... sorry he just cant ... i wish dude would have just stuck to rapping insteadof trying to be whatever the hell hes trying to be

After a few listen 2 What we talking bout im thinking how if outkast was on that beat esp 3000 it would be somethin nasty

you know alot of dudes critiquing in here, including me, are huge jay fans right? like i said AG is my favorite album from jay. The Blueprint, Black Album, RD all sounded amazing from the start, and i can still listen to them now.i dont look for pop @#$% from jay. even when he did tracks like "give it to me" he still had his classic flow and presence. the tracks here seem half @#$ed. for someone of jays caliber, venus vs mars is WEAK. haters is GARBAGE. hes following the whole kanye/wayne style of rap.

Yeah I agree with this dude. Venus Vs. Mars wasn't wack, but it wasn't hittin enough to be on a BP3 album. Hater is a throwaway song imo...besides thatthe song's barely over 2 minutes...

As for the rest of the album...it's good...real good. I do think Jay-Z's topic of conversation has matured to a point such as on "A Star IsBorn". Jay basically strolling down memory lane and giving credit where credit is due. But it's what I'd expect from a Jay-Zalbum...conversational flow...wordplay...a few jabs...and great beats...

Definitely can't rate this over Reasonable Doubt based on how real and sincere that album was for Jay...can't rate it over BP 1....or In My LifetimeVol. 1..but I do think this is worth copping...and I don't care what nobody says..Swizzy made that beat go hard.
pimp.gif

Will give the album plenty of more listens over the next week or so, but after the first few listens:

- First track is garbage. That's one of those tracks that goes back to Jay trying to do too much musically.
- Hearing Off That mastered and in the car made it 100 times better, so liking it a little more.
- More KC than BP, for sure!!
- Forever Young isn't bad, but I really, really feel like I'm listening to a rendition of Beach Chair.
- Venus vs Mars sounds like some music I'd expect from a new LL album. Regardless of where he goes with it lyrically in some bars, I'm not veryimpressed. Brought back the 'Blue Magic' flow though ...
- So Ambitious is damn hot. That's some "old Hov" music right there.
- Empire State of Mind is ill, but really should have a different title. How did Jay NOT think people would instantly think of a classic Nas track with thatname and their past??? Also, why am I riding around Texas blasting this?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- Someone let Hov know that this is not a classic nor a "new classic". This is not the music that older generations grew up listening to.
- He has too many yes men (how do you think Bleek hung around so long?
laugh.gif
).
- Some of the production sounds like it would be better for a Cudi, Drake, or even Kanye himself.
- I'm let down by several of the hooks. How did some of these get by?
- The beat on Run This Town is dangerous in the car.
- Still would've liked to see him kill some of the silly rappers out there that talk mess about him, but his responses on this CD are good. Then again,dude did talk about his wife?!
- Hate is kind of ill, but then parts of it make me cringe.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although i just say wayne style ... and jigga is not wayne ... he cant control his words like wayne does with that stop and go flow ... sorry he just cant ... i wish dude would have just stuck to rapping instead of trying to be whatever the hell hes trying to be

I could not disagree more

"he cant control his words like wayne does" **** with that you sick fam

dude sounds nothing like wayne. Wayne right now is an embarresemnt to not only himself but to the game in general.

Hov nothing like Wayne at all and for the record Jays flow>>Waynes. but lets not go there

if you dont like his flow on this album then thats your right but dont just make %+*% up bro

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

I could not disagree more

"he cant control his words like wayne does" **** with that you sick fam

dude sounds nothing like wayne. Wayne right now is an embarresemnt to not only himself but to the game in general.

Hov nothing like Wayne at all and for the record Jays flow>>Waynes. but lets not go there

if you dont like his flow on this album then thats your right but dont just make %+*% up bro

i dont know why im going back at you because you have no idea what youre talking about but ill try to explain ...

go put on any of his first cds and listen to how he flows on a beat ... back then he would rap so smooth and everything would sound like it fits ... now put onBP3 and tell me he hasnt switched his flow up on the majority of those songs ... ... ... ...

his new style of rapping is garbage ... he is trying to be super dynamic with the way he says his words and how many words he can fit into a bar and it justisnt working ... it slike hes getting lazy and hoping people dont realize it, which apparently is working ...

youre talking about wayne is an embarassment yet BP3 is riddled with wayne-esque flow ... ever since SLU jay has tried to be more poppy and cool beanie ... whynot rap like an old man with a polished flow instead of that choppy unorthodox huffy puffy @%$%? if you cant recognize the difference in jays flow now ascompared to then and how its similar to these "mainstream" rappers then i dont know what to tell you ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Will give the album plenty of more listens over the next week or so, but after the first few listens:

- First track is garbage. That's one of those tracks that goes back to Jay trying to do too much musically.
- Hearing Off That mastered and in the car made it 100 times better, so liking it a little more.
- More KC than BP, for sure!!
- Forever Young isn't bad, but I really, really feel like I'm listening to a rendition of Beach Chair.
- Venus vs Mars sounds like some music I'd expect from a new LL album. Regardless of where he goes with it lyrically in some bars, I'm not very impressed. Brought back the 'Blue Magic' flow though ...
- So Ambitious is damn hot. That's some "old Hov" music right there.
- Empire State of Mind is ill, but really should have a different title. How did Jay NOT think people would instantly think of a classic Nas track with that name and their past??? Also, why am I riding around Texas blasting this?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- Someone let Hov know that this is not a classic nor a "new classic". This is not the music that older generations grew up listening to.
- He has too many yes men (how do you think Bleek hung around so long?
laugh.gif
).
- Some of the production sounds like it would be better for a Cudi, Drake, or even Kanye himself.
- I'm let down by several of the hooks. How did some of these get by?
- The beat on Run This Town is dangerous in the car.
- Still would've liked to see him kill some of the silly rappers out there that talk mess about him, but his responses on this CD are good. Then again, dude did talk about his wife?!
- Hate is kind of ill, but then parts of it make me cringe.

Co sign for the most part first track is kinda different outside of jay z so i dig it. andempire state of mind is ok iuno i just feel like it got 2 much of oldschool east coast vibe like some rakim or some #%@ beat 2 it(probably is the reason y ppl like it) Run this Town kills with subwoofers so does off that. Yeathe hooks r kinda lame but its not like jay is known for this

I don't know about yall, but none of the songs give me the "
sick.gif
" face or make me run it back 3 times.

OG Blueprint, "U Don't Know" I had to hear consecutive times. "All I Need" I had to hear consecutive times.

There are no tracks like this on this album.

Production wise this is BY FAR his weakest album.

Jay is Brett Favre status right now. BP3 is a throw into triple coverage.

"If I don't like it I don't like it that don't mean that I'm hatin...."

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

sick.gif

OG Blueprint, "U Don't Know" I had to hear consecutive times. "All I Need" I had to hear consecutive times.

I agree with this man.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

sick.gif

I agree with this man.

im on the practice field runnin two a days, so i dont drop the ball when its (insert a poor attempt at being lil wayne) my way ... ... ... ... ... not sayingwayne is the first to do that *!%% to words when rapping but jay-z CAN NOT rap like that ... it just sounds awkward hes better than that ...

Ok so on second thought the album isnt AS bad as I originally thought it to be..

Already home and Empire State of mind are dope...

But thats not saying much

And So Ambitious sounds like a leftover track from In My Mind

Back
Top Bottom