* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

So after 2 days of listening I can live with the verdict that this is a decent album....

Not feeling: Hater and Young Forever

Really feeling: Almost Home and On to the Next One

As Real as it Gets seems more like a Jeezy record....

Empire State is smooth, but it doesn't make me go
eek.gif

Bout to go listen to this Raekwon now

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

I don't know about yall, but none of the songs give me the "
sick.gif
" face or make me run it back 3 times.

OG Blueprint, "U Don't Know" I had to hear consecutive times. "All I Need" I had to hear consecutive times.

There are no tracks like this on this album.

Production wise this is BY FAR his weakest album.

Jay is Brett Favre status right now. BP3 is a throw into triple coverage.

"If I don't like it I don't like it that don't mean that I'm hatin...."
I gotta agree with parts of this.

First thing I thought when I finished listening. Like... where are the club bangers? Where's that Dirt Off My Shoulder, Do It Again (Up In The Club), UDon't Know, Takeover, etc. type tracks? Closest is the Swizzy joint or Off That. (D.O.A. has already had it's run).

Safe to say Flex ain't throwing no bombs this time around.

That's not to say this is a bad album though.....

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Random question:

What was the last Jay album that Bleek appeared on?

The Dynasty I think.
That's what I was thinking too. Dynasty dropped in 2000. Hov ain't lie when he said Bleek will always be a millionaire somewhere...

I'm sorry but contrary to what people are saying that swizz joint goes in......

I know it's Hov on the cocky flow but that $%@+ is tough....

Empire State of Mind is dope....Alicia sounded beautiful
pimp.gif

Already Home is coo...Cudi did his thing but why not John Legend?!?

Venus vs Mars is cool but it does sound like a Cool J track...ya'll +!%%+* crazy
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thank You is a good look...I wonder who he was talking bout in that last verse....Budden??

I'm diggin A Star is Born...more for J. Cole though his verse was tough...Hov did his thing though too

Young Forever wasn't bad....music right?? Different Direction? This the Hov you wanna hear?

Hate could have been so much better....just wasn't really feeling the rhyme scheme from either and Ye was a big
smh.gif

The intro was cool....no complaints....gave my review #!% backwards huh?!?
laugh.gif
blame it on the haze
pimp.gif

So Ambitious was listenable smooth #!% vibe....

Off That should have been just that....off that album
Reminder was just that a reminder to us once again
DOA, We Run This Town and the joint with Jeezy were meh
grin.gif
DOA I think cuzI heard it a million times though...when it first came out it was dope....

Looks like Jay took a different route as expected....not a horrible album and it's more enjoyable to listen to then KC....but I expected a lotbetter....it's good though 3.5/5

IMO, this is a great album, and his best since Black Album.

I feel like Jay came correct on this album compared to his past couple of outings. I'm getting the same feeling listening to this album, like when I heardBP or Black Album for the first time.

Not saying that his album is better or worse, only time will tell after its had heavy rotation. But tracks like, Already Home, Young Forever, Empire State OfMind, Thank You are excellent and take me back to a better time......... I guess you could say a pre-Beyonce time.

This #!$ been getting spins over and over again for the past two days.

MUCH MUCH better than Kingdom Come and BP2 but not as stacked as American Gangster.

I threw away Run This Town and Off That. Two horrible @!# tracks
sick.gif

if it hasn't been done already...someone needs to type out that whole 3rd verse off "Thank You"...i'm much too lazy
laugh.gif

that 9-11 reference made me
sick.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Fantastic4our wrote:

QFT

Listened to the album a few more times today, and I only like about three or four tracks.

word. 4-5 tracks for me. Which is a lot more than what I expected.

Originally Posted by djdev19

if it hasn't been done already...someone needs to type out that whole 3rd verse off "Thank You"...i'm much too lazy
laugh.gif

that 9-11 reference made me
sick.gif
eek.gif
Yeah, he spazzed on that
pimp.gif

+@#!%'s though they was ill, found out they was ill(eww)
laugh.gif

H-O-V, I got my own lane already(nobody in it)
HOV-lane.jpg

Somebody in here said this album was missing the double entendres.
eyes.gif

Its full of them.

jesus hov absolutely wrecks empire state of mind
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lights is blinding,
girls need blinders
so they can step out of bounds quick,
the side lines is blind with casualties,
who sipping life casually, then gradually become worse,
don't bite the apple Eve,
caught up in the in crowd,
now your in-style,
and in the winter gets cold en vogue with your skin out,
the city of sin is a pity on a whim,
good girls gone bad, the cities filled with them,
Mommy took a bus trip and now she got her bust out,
everybody ride her, just like a bus route,
Hail Mary to the city your a Virgin,
and Jesus can't save you life starts when the church ends,
came here for school, graduated to the high life,
ball players, rap stars, addicted to the limelight,
MDMA got you feeling like a champion,
the city never sleeps better slip you a Ambien

this man said that Hov is rapping like wayne
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by qaddafi

Lights is blinding,
girls need blinders
so they can step out of bounds quick,
the side lines is blind with casualties,
who sipping life casually, then gradually become worse,
don't bite the apple Eve,
caught up in the in crowd,
now your in-style,
and in the winter gets cold en vogue with your skin out,
the city of sin is a pity on a whim,
good girls gone bad, the cities filled with them,
Mommy took a bus trip and now she got her bust out,
everybody ride her, just like a bus route,
Hail Mary to the city your a Virgin,
and Jesus can't save you life starts when the church ends,
came here for school, graduated to the high life,
ball players, rap stars, addicted to the limelight,
MDMA got you feeling like a champion,
the city never sleeps better slip you a Ambien
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by man listen

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

im on the practice field runnin two a days, so i dont drop the ball when its (insert a poor attempt at being lil wayne) my way ... ... ... ... ... not saying wayne is the first to do that *!%% to words when rapping but jay-z CAN NOT rap like that ... it just sounds awkward hes better than that ...

it's ironic that Wayne copied Jay's flow for the Carter and now Jay borrowed Wayne's flow for the third Blueprint.

If you look at the cover of this album it's the only Jay album I can think of that doesn't have his face on the cover. what does it have? a group of instruments "united" behind the Roc nation.

I think what Jay was trying to do was combine all the elements of the game as it is today and bring it all together. Thank You reminds me of Paris, Tokyo.....A Star is Born sounds like Game's Pain...Haters and Kanye's Workout Plan.......On To The Next One is Ask Dem Hos and other mixtape Weezy songs. Real as It Gets might as well be Jeezy featuring Jay. Off That....shoulda just left that off. Nice concept for an album but the execution could have been better.
You have horrible comparison skills.

im saying this his third album after he announced retirement , whats the rush???
imagine he woulda dropped bp3 this year and the tracklisting was

The prelude
DOA
Beach chair
Roc Boys
Ignorant $*++
When the money goes
Black Republican
No hook
Fallin
Empire State of Mind
Run this town
44 4's live on stage

Classic

im on the practice field runnin two a days, so i dont drop the ball when its (insert a poor attempt at being lil wayne) my way ... ... ... ... ... not saying wayne is the first to do that *!%% to words when rapping but jay-z CAN NOT rap like that ... it just sounds awkward hes better than that ...

it's ironic that Wayne copied Jay's flow for the Carter and now Jay borrowed Wayne's flow for the third Blueprint.

If you look at the cover of this album it's the only Jay album I can think of that doesn't have his face on the cover. what does it have? a group of instruments "united" behind the Roc nation.

I think what Jay was trying to do was combine all the elements of the game as it is today and bring it all together. Thank You reminds me of Paris, Tokyo.....A Star is Born sounds like Game's Pain...Haters and Kanye's Workout Plan.......On To The Next One is Ask Dem Hos and other mixtape Weezy songs. Real as It Gets might as well be Jeezy featuring Jay. Off That....shoulda just left that off. Nice concept for an album but the execution could have been better.

reach

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

You have horrible comparison skills.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Fantastic4our wrote:

QFT

Listened to the album a few more times today, and I only like about three or four tracks.
word. 4-5 tracks for me. Which is a lot more than what I expected.

QFMFT!

Back
Top Bottom