* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Listened to the album in its entirety yesterday. IMO no song really stood out to me (besides maybe the Jeezy record), but it played and flowed together like agood album. I appreciate the direction he went in musically, like I said earlier, this is the space he should be at. Took him a while to get there, but itseems like he's finally comfortable with stepping away from that content. I enjoyed it, tho I didnt feel the need to listen to it again.

Shoulda had one Just record on the album tho, damn. It feels funny not having a Jay album with no "bangers", thats what Ive become accustomed to fromhim. Not one beat made me go
sick.gif
. I waslistening to street !!%! all day yesterday tho, so the vibe of the album threw me off. I'll see how I feel after another run....

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Listened to the album in its entirety yesterday. IMO no song really stood out to me (besides maybe the Jeezy record), but it played and flowed together like a good album. I appreciate the direction he went in musically, like I said earlier, this is the space he should be at. Took him a while to get there, but it seems like he's finally comfortable with stepping away from that content. I enjoyed it, tho I didnt feel the need to listen to it again.

Shoulda had one Just record on the album tho, damn. It feels funny not having a Jay album with no "bangers", thats what Ive become accustomed to from him. Not one beat made me go
sick.gif
. I was listening to street !!%! all day yesterday tho, so the vibe of the album threw me off. I'll see how I feel after another run....

I feel ya he didnt have any bad tracks or any meh tracks they were all like 6.5 maybe 7. He does usually have like a 9/10 track. I think the closes bangerwould be off that. U cant really appreciate the track and all the elements in it unless u got a mean system. Its kinda how gucci music is. If u listen 2 it ina cellphone/ipod it kinda takes away from the sound. Overall I think he experienced and dabbled into different flow patterns and styles and tried 2 go intodifferent directions with the album. Id give it a possible 7/10. maybe 6.5 on production 7 or 7.5 on lyrics. He did have some downfalls on some songs.

anybody hearing some weird sounds/chirps on empire state of mind? like it was a bad rip or something, or is that just part of the song.

Anyone know the exact time the concerts gonna hit livenation.com and thelimit per person cause we trying to roll deep into that concert id seriously have the whole blocks wifi pumpin

IDC if he raps like Wayne, Nas hell he can rap like SILK THE SHOCKER as long as that %++* is hot & nobody wrote it for him, I'm buying.

I gotta question...can some explain the last verse of "Thank You"? I understand that he's juxtaposing ending careers with the Twin Towersfalling, but I guess I'm just getting lost in the rhymes...like about smelling the fumes at the crash site and all that.

ayo Hate is absolute trash I'm sorry...mainly because of Ye..Hov tried to make it hot....that can't even stomach myself ..ulsur was a good look..mostof the album is cool and I see what he tried to do here....but I hope the industry doesn't take this as THE BLUEPRINT cuz truthfully I don't wanna hearanother album like this.....and I'm no hater at all...I mean Jay is up there on my list but this is not what I expected...and no I didn't expectReasonable Doubt 09....I expected the BP3 to be a bunch of College Dropout production with Blueprint Hov....instead I get tracks like Off That that sound likea Nelly Furtado track....
smh.gif

and I still stick to 3.5/5 just expected a lot better

*goes to bump OB4CL2*

I haven't listened to Wayne in 3 years and never will again so I couldn't careless even if he does sound like him cuz it's not even obvious. I amcalling bs on that tho.

Go to any past Jay thread and you'll see. The same guys who claim he fell off and what not are the first ones to post in a Jay thread.
It's blatant hate. Like if you say he fell off why check for the album? Why come into the thread just to say something negative. People in here have already said it.
You have to take what some NTers say with a grain of salt. If I don't mess with an artist, you wont see me in a thread dedicated to them and it's mostly the same dudes I see. Like we get it, you don't like Jay
laugh.gif
. It gets old.
Some people just let their hate/love for this man cloud their judgment, but good music is good music
Realest statement I read today.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

IDC if he raps like Wayne, Nas hell he can rap like [color= rgb(255, 153, 255)]SILK THE SHOCKER[/color] as long as that %++* is hot & nobody wrote it for him, I'm buying.
um sir if nas rap like silk nas would be in silk position right now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nothing that bum silk make is hot
laugh.gif
but I get what you'resaying

Nice album, jay's wordplay is still there, a few questionable tracks but overall im satisfied, some of you are expecting to much.
This isn't 1996 where you had good music coming from a lot of places & forced you to come with A game.

harlem on the rise Stop stealing my AVY's thats the second one, word to TRUE 3 BLUE who made that one for me.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Go to any past Jay thread and you'll see. The same guys who claim he fell off and what not are the first ones to post in a Jay thread.
It's blatant hate. Like if you say he fell off why check for the album? Why come into the thread just to say something negative. People in here have already said it.
You have to take what some NTers say with a grain of salt. If I don't mess with an artist, you wont see me in a thread dedicated to them and it's mostly the same dudes I see. Like we get it, you don't like Jay
laugh.gif
. It gets old.
Some people just let their hate/love for this man cloud their judgment, but good music is good music
The same people who worship Jay come in these threads and say the same thing.

What's your point?

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

IDC if he raps like Wayne, Nas hell he can rap like [color= rgb(255, 153, 255)]SILK THE SHOCKER[/color] as long as that %++* is hot & nobody wrote it for him, I'm buying.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but I get what you're saying
Financially, NaS is borderline Silk status now though.
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Dudes that don't even listen to Wayne saying he don't sound like Wayne
laugh.gif
. anyway, parts of this album's style and concepts are clearly influenced by other artists. it's obvious if you pay attention to music.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but I get what you're saying
Financially, NaS is borderline Silk status now though.
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
WHAT YOU DID THERE I SEE IT
nerd.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

I havent listened to the bp3 yet but cant wait........with all this hoopla going on in here
laugh.gif

::

laugh.gif
Some of yall don't like Swizzy talking on the track??

"I got a million ways to get it...choose ONE" >> Jay on some of these songs

::

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Anyone know the exact time the concerts gonna hit livenation.com and the limit per person cause we trying to roll deep into that concert id seriously have the whole blocks wifi pumpin
IDK, but i have a feeling the Citi customers are gonna swipe everything i'm gonna be right by my desk for noon sales...i was gonna wil'out and go to the box office but there will b no box office sales on the first day....yeah like tix are gonna last more than an hr....smh

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif
. It gets old.
The same people who worship Jay come in these threads and say the same thing.

What's your point?

The point is the "Jay-z worshipers" have a reason to be in a thread about Jay-z, why would someone hating onhim, or say he is wack constantly be in the thread about jay-z if they dont like him.. His point makes sense..Yours on the other hand doesn't.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

I gotta question...can some explain the last verse of "Thank You"? I understand that he's juxtaposing ending careers with the Twin Towers falling, but I guess I'm just getting lost in the rhymes...like about smelling the fumes at the crash site and all that.
...Not only did they brick, they put a building up as well
Drove a plane into that building, and when that building fell,
Ran to the crash site with no mask and inhaled
Toxins deep inside they lungs until both of them was filled
Blew a cloud out like an L, ??? to a jar, to a smell ???
Cuz they heard that second-hand smoke kills
_'s thought they was ILL, found out they was iiiiillllllllllllllllllllll
And it's like you know exactly how I wanted you to feel...

Only part I couldn't figure out was bolded part...

"Hate" is dope to me, I think he got the flow going on there. I see Kanyes part more as a melody. This is what i wanted from Jay as far as albums go.No comeback album(KC), no theme/soundtrack album(AG), just Hov talkin that $+%%. He came through on this one.

%@!+ it...I gave in. I will not give in for TIL THE CASKET DROPS however...

Anyways...listening to it on iTunes while sitting at the computer...nothing really stood out to me. Listened to it in the car and I'm liking it more andmore.

To my surprise...the Cudi track is my favorite song. That's a definite banger. I lightweight +%** with Reminder too...definitely not trash like some ofya'll was saying. Only thing I don't like is the chick on the hook...and someone definitely ghost produced that for Timb. I had higher expectations forthe P collab but it's not bad. Only track I can't stomach is Venus vs. Mars...and maybe Forever Young. I like everything else tho. Not his best...nothis worst either. Will be in rotation until the Thornton Brothers drop the album of the year.

i listened to the whole album on rhapsody last night

.....its iight, not that serious

im def lookin even more forward to OB4CL2 now.

Back
Top Bottom